Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was told i look fatter now!

I have been working hard and I have lost 25 pounds but today I went to my grandmothers house and the first thing she says to me is that I look FATTER!! I wanted to cry. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. I had lost 13 with the 2 week pre op diet and lost 12 the first week after surgery and the second I haven't lost any. So the mix of not losing weight and being told I look fatter my self confidence is lower then it has been ever before.

Sweet girl, all grandmothers are crazy. You are doing fabulous! This is for you, not anyone else!!!! Keep up the good work!

Did you tell her to go sit her old azz down somewhere?!?! Lol jk

Sweet girl, all grandmothers are crazy. You are doing fabulous! This is for you, not anyone else!!!! Keep up the good work!

Thank you. And grandmothers are crazy and I can't let her get to me. :)

Hahaha If only I had the guts. She is the most controlling person I have ever met.

I agree with the others Grandma's and relatives can be harsh on you.. Forgive her and move on, take photos of yourself each week and measurements too. Then when someone says anything too you, you will have your own proof and you will not have prove anything to them. Yes, it can mess with your mind, if you let it. Just wait until summer and surprise her again!

<p>I agree with the others Grandma's and relatives can be harsh on you.. Forgive her and move on, take photos of yourself each week and measurements too. Then when someone says anything too you, you will have your own proof and you will not have prove anything to them. Yes, it can mess with your mind, if you let it. Just wait until summer and surprise her again!</p>

She has a pool so I will be showing of for sure.

That explains a lot. She wanted you to feel bad because you didn't do things the way she wanted.

I say, grab a cup of Decaf teas (yuck), put your feet up and contemplate the fact that you will be a deciding factor which nursing home she moves into. :D

Hahaha If only I had the guts. She is the most controlling person I have ever met.

<p>That explains a lot. She wanted you to feel bad because you didn't do things the way she wanted. </p> <p>I say, grab a cup of Decaf teas (yuck), put your feet up and contemplate the fact that you will be a deciding factor which nursing home she moves into. :D

I can't stop laughing at the last part. Maybe I should tell her that next time she makes a rude comment.

Some people find it difficult to let others be happy and co tribute to them being happy and becoming a better person.... Don't let ANYONE hold u back or discourage u!!( especially not family who should be there n support u!) u should be happy with it success so far and it's gonna get even better!!!!!! It's only beginning!!!

all grandmothers are crazy

@@CrazyJaney

i was smiling/laughing at your comment, then i said to myself wait a minute..............

i'm a grandmother!!!! :o

so....on behalf of me and all the other grandma & grandpas - we are not ALL crazy!! :lol:

just a select few!!

@@Dondie Olivia

you better not be thinking of any nursing home for me kiddo!!!! LOL :D

@@SydneySweetHeart

back to topic

Sydney,

what a hurtful thing your grandma said!!! :(

if she's anything like my mother (or many others)the slip of the tongue and insensitive things like that come out without thinking!!

its no excuse (especially for my mother)

they just say those kinds of things :angry:

i think they really don't realize how critical/"mean" they are

and these comments, and many more, are very hurtful to you/me/all of us

as difficult as it is, easier said than done.....

i "try" and take things with a grain of salt, let it slide off my back

at the age of 83, my mom will never change

how about your grandmother?? :huh: :(

gotta love 'em

great weight loss :)

congrats

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

all grandmothers are crazy

@@CrazyJaney

i was smiling/laughing at your comment, then i said to myself wait a minute..............

i'm a grandmother!!!! :o

so....on behalf of me and all the other grandma & grandpas - we are not ALL crazy!! :lol:

just a select few!!

@@Dondie Olivia

you better not be thinking of any nursing home for me kiddo!!!! LOL :D

@@SydneySweetHeart

back to topic

Sydney,

what a hurtful thing your grandma said!!! :(

if she's anything like my mother (or many others)the slip of the tongue and insensitive things like that come out without thinking!!

its no excuse (especially for my mother)

they just say those kinds of things :angry:

i think they really don't realize how critical/"mean" they are

and these comments, and many more, are very hurtful to you/me/all of us

as difficult as it is, easier said than done.....

i "try" and take things with a grain of salt, let it slide off my back

at the age of 83, my mom will never change

how about your grandmother?? :huh: :(

gotta love 'em

great weight loss :)

congrats

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

All of them except of you Grammy! Just kidding. Not all of them. But sometimes I think out parents and grandparents can only see what they want to. I had a controlling great grandmother who lived to be 101 and told everyone what to do. She always commented on weight, except she thought being thin was the equivalent of death. I was fine but my sister was "sick". But I'm sure I'm way exaggerating the "all grandparents" part! :)

My grandfather called me hippopotamus, fat butt my entire life, he's the one paying out of pocket for my surgery. I love him so much but he does say some blunt hurtful things. I just take it as motivation. But another thing I think is when I start loosing weight I look heavier because my giant stomach roll becomes like 3 smaller rolls. Idk haha maybe that will help

all grandmothers are crazy. All of them except of you Grammy! Just kidding.

@@CrazyJaney

no offense taken:o)

121 lbs down!!!!

you are aces bud!!!

keep up the good work

maybe i'm a little crazy around the edges!!!!

but who isn't ???

LOLOLOLOL

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy