Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bandits!

I am hoping that someone has an answer for me? I am 6 weeks post op, first fill was last Wednesday. 2cc in my 10cc band.....Everyday at lunch time when I eat, I get gas, not booty trumpet gas but the gas that travels through your tummy and in your back. Later that gas turns into mouth trumpet and booty trumpet gas. I must add that this first onset of gas is very uncomfortable.

Is this normal?

I think it takes a while post-surgery for everything to settle in. I still have way more gas than I used to have -- impressive booty trumpeting, for sure. Some people talk about burping, which I don't really have unless, sigh, I have overdone it. It took time for my digestion to work itself into a new pattern, too. I'd say that's fairly recent and it's been four months.

Sounds like you're doing great. So happy for you! First months banded not easy as you progress toward right fill, etc. Wishing you a wonderful spring season of weight loss and increased health!

Interesting. I haven't been banded yet. What part of the back do you feel the pain?

I think it takes a while post-surgery for everything to settle in. I still have way more gas than I used to have -- impressive booty trumpeting, for sure. Some people talk about burping, which I don't really have unless, sigh, I have overdone it. It took time for my digestion to work itself into a new pattern, too. I'd say that's fairly recent and it's been four months.

Sounds like you're doing great. So happy for you! First months banded not easy as you progress toward right fill, etc. Wishing you a wonderful spring season of weight loss and increased health!

Thanks Bandista. I have the burps too, which I have to weirdly admit feel awesome! Lol! My husband is like that's real sexy, I'm like hey it comes with the band. :-) I plan on calling my nutritionist on Monday. Maybe it's something I'm eating.

Interesting. I haven't been banded yet. What part of the back do you feel the pain?

Please don't let this scare you, I'm learning how my band works.

The gas I feel is in my lower back. It's like I ate something that didn't agree with me, but them it moves up and down and OUT either way. Lol!

It's nothing your eating it is just the band getting used to not having so much food , I am almost 2 yrs out and still have the gas issues , I just tell and warn people that the and will be playing music and I have no control the music it plays, but it is my band lol, and you will also get some rumbling sounds sooner or later it is not because you are hungry it is just what it does, sometimes , it will tae a while getting used to and oh the mind games we go through is rough but we get through as long as you follow what your doc and post op diet says then you will notice change before you now it .

Thanks Bandista. I have the burps too, which I have to weirdly admit feel awesome! Lol! My husband is like that's real sexy, I'm like hey it comes with the band. :-) I plan on calling my nutritionist on Monday. Maybe it's something I'm eating.

No i

Yep ;)

Hey Bandits!

I am hoping that someone has an answer for me? I am 6 weeks post op, first fill was last Wednesday. 2cc in my 10cc band.....Everyday at lunch time when I eat, I get gas, not booty trumpet gas but the gas that travels through your tummy and in your back. Later that gas turns into mouth trumpet and booty trumpet gas. I must add that this first onset of gas is very uncomfortable.

Is this normal?

Yes, this is the new normal for a while. Welcome to banderland.

I am only 5 days out from surgery, and made a very minor cheat yesterday... I took some Chili and used the juices and some Beans, then mashed them up. I was trying to get some Fiber into me so I can finally use the bathroom. Well, rather than that, it's become incredible gas buildup. Butt flute is playing strong tunes, but I can't burp, which feels like what I need. So, I suppose this is all normal.

I am only 5 days out from surgery, and made a very minor cheat yesterday... I took some Chili and used the juices and some Beans, then mashed them up. I was trying to get some Fiber into me so I can finally use the bathroom. Well, rather than that, it's become incredible gas buildup. Butt flute is playing strong tunes, but I can't burp, which feels like what I need. So, I suppose this is all normal.

Willhenry you should not be eating after 5 days of surgery. Unless your doc said so. The inability to move bowels is going to be a minute. That's the residual of the anesthesia. Drink Water and give it time. I just started going well and I'm almost 7 weeks post op.

I am 5 days post op. I just threw up for the first time. It was mainly dry heave as there was nothing to come out. I had just eaten about 5 bites of a chicken noodle Soup that had been blended very well. Did fine with it yesterday though. I am worried the throwin up will move my band.

My Doctor seems to have an entirely different post op plan than most. First week is Protein shakes and the such, but I can have two servings of soft food a day (half cup), after second day. In hindsight, it would not have been Beans on day 3 or 4! After a week, I move to the soft foods like flaky fish, mashed potatoes, etc. However, I called and since I am doing well with everything, they said I can start on soft foods a day early. I lived on Prilosec and GasX yesterday, but things are going well. I had egg drop Soup today, which after a week of nothing but shakes can only be described as the following: A combination of sex, tropical beaches, seeing a lost loved one after a long absence, and possibly the meeting of Jesus Himself.

My Doctor seems to have an entirely different post op plan than most. First week is Protein shakes and the such, but I can have two servings of soft food a day (half cup), after second day. In hindsight, it would not have been Beans on day 3 or 4! After a week, I move to the soft foods like flaky fish, mashed potatoes, etc. However, I called and since I am doing well with everything, they said I can start on soft foods a day early. I lived on Prilosec and GasX yesterday, but things are going well. I had egg drop Soup today, which after a week of nothing but shakes can only be described as the following: A combination of sex, tropical beaches, seeing a lost loved one after a long absence, and possibly the meeting of Jesus Himself.

That is so funny. Im on soft foods but nothing interests me or im too scared to try it. But yesterday I had some microwavable mashed potatoes with cream of chicken soup (my gravy). It was like sex, chocolate and waking up with a million dollars in the bank. it was soooooooooo good. I'm thinking about doing the same today

That is too funny!!! I had a veggie wrap from Publix that tasted like the Gods made it themselves..... That is until I got the horrendous gas pain in my back and chest.

I forgot about the million dollars in the bank. Add that to my list!