Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey im 2 days poat but the pain killer liquid vicoden isn't helping at all so I called my surgeon and he said to add liquid motrin which helps only a lil.

I'm not hungry at all which is not common for me lol.. Getting in 1000 mls of liquid (two 16.9 fl oz bottles) and 2 servings of Protein shakes a day is more enough for now. I think the gas is what's causing most the pain but today is worse when the gas is passing by or through the band... Sharp pain when that happens. Im taking gas x and walking as much as I can.

It seems ppl say the first 2 days are the worst of it. I'm managing and im extremely excited for this life style change!

Im wondering if anyone else feels their band or port afer surgery. Not sure where my port is but im thinking is on my left because it's not near an incision and sore.

So, I had my surgery on Monday and I did not had much problems. I did had a lot of gas in my gut, but the worst part was when I drank too much tea. I slept a lot though.

I also walked a lot. so, I guess you should try to be as active. The worst part was sitting down. I fell more comfortable either standing up or nearly laying down in a sofa. I am "back to work" I guess, but just as long as I can handle.

You are right, I am not hungry anymore and feel full very easy. I am drinking a lot of Soup though (FYI Tomato Soup with some Parmesan cheese and oregano taste like cheese pizza, LOL)

Good luck post op!

So, I had my surgery on Monday and I did not had much problems. I did had a lot of gas in my gut, but the worst part was when I drank too much tea. I slept a lot though.

I also walked a lot. so, I guess you should try to be as active. The worst part was sitting down. I fell more comfortable either standing up or nearly laying down in a sofa. I am "back to work" I guess, but just as long as I can handle.

You are right, I am not hungry anymore and feel full very easy. I am drinking a lot of Soup though (FYI Tomato Soup with some Parmesan cheese and oregano taste like cheese pizza, LOL)

Good luck post op!

Yes same here. . Transitioning from standing to sitting or laying and vice versa is tough but I can't lay flat so I prop myself up a lil. Can't wait to be able to lay on my belly again!

So far I haven't had any restrictions with drinking liquids. . But I have been walking around to move the gas along. Made my post op appt for Wednesday. Let me know how yours goes!

Yes same here. . Transitioning from standing to sitting or laying and vice versa is tough but I can't lay flat so I prop myself up a lil. Can't wait to be able to lay on my belly again!

So far I haven't had any restrictions with drinking liquids. . But I have been walking around to move the gas along. Made my post op appt for Wednesday. Let me know how yours goes!

I also like to lay on my bell, specially to sleep. a secret I found was to put a pillow, a thin one ok, in one side of my back to it is like I am on one side, but really on my back. You know what I mean?

My post op is also Wed (in the morning, lol). I have to go to an esophagram before meeting with the doc. I am not sure if I suppose to start with the puree on the 10th day or 11th, but so far I am doing ok.

Let me know how you do...

Good to see everyone doing so well. I had a nasty reaction to liquid vicodin so my doctor gave me a different medication and I'm feeling so much better I had been deathly ill at least it seems that way but now I'm feeling so much better. My body pillow has been my best friend!!! I went in for a post op appointment and my doctor was really worried about me so that is when he changed my medication and made me go and drink a strawberry milkshake to get calories in me asap since I wasn't able to hold anything down. ever since that day I have been doing so much better I am also getting used to moving around it hurts whenever I try to bend over because of the port

Glad you are feeling better, and stopped the liquid vicodin CCCV4. That sounded a little scary.

Glad you are feeling better, and stopped the liquid vicodin CCCV4. That sounded a little scary.

It was scary and my family was very worried about me now that I look back I can't believe I was in such bad shape it feels like I never even had surgery pain free and I'm loving it

Today was my first visit since surgery on April 3rd and my first fill. I'm down 30 pounds and feeling great!

i had my first fill on mon , wierd experience !! X