Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What you wished you had known before being sleeved?!?!?

I like the idea of this thread! I am only 6 days port op but will say from reading through this site have not had to much unexpected!

The possible only thing I either didn't think of, didn't read, or just didn't pay attention to is hiccups! I read posts on gas and burping every time you drink and what not but I get the hiccups frequently now. Thankfully they only last like 2/3 actual hiccups because they are moderately painful!

Honestly the hardest thing for me is the head hunger when fixing my kids dinner! I start really wishing I could eat something and then have to step back and think is that my head or my stomach & it is always my head! But am grateful for this happening now too because when I am able to consume good again, I can use this experience to draw from and whether or not to eat :)

Good luck to those going in soon!!! :)

I wish I would have known I looked so damn good thin....HA

Actually I wish I would have know just how much better I feel thin. I wish I would have known I love to do physical activities that I was unable to do before. I wish I would have known the energy that I would gain by losing the weight. Its unreal the amount of energy I have.

That I would not get the surgeon that I asked for and that I didn't have a choice in who I got. They were less than desirable for me and weren't supportive, etc. a good number of times, weren't up on education, etc.

Bunch of things like that.

Now on the other side. Take the gasx strips right away to get the gas moving. That the first two days were going to hurt way worse than I thought but by day four I was going to be fine and never have one regret. That a little fuzzy cheap throw was nicer than a big pillow to hold over my big incision when coughing or if your lucky like me vomiting. That unflavored Protein Powder and chicken broth(not from can since I can taste the metal) along with Popsicles were going to be my staple......last but not least that everyone's perfume including mine smells terrible after surgery and the take a Whiff before putting some on ;) good luck to everyone but we all know in the end it's not luck that gets us to our goal is strength. Hugs!

I wish I would have known how sweet things made me want to be sick. I couldn't handle the pudding & Protein Shakes made me gag with their sweetness. To get my Protein in I went to GNC & got Isopure drinks not as sweet & 40 grams per bottle so now protein is going good! The emotional part I was totally unprepared for. I am not quite 3 weeks out & still find myself crying occasionally not near as bad as the first week though. I was full of regret the first couple days. Things are getting better as time goes on & this site has been a god send. I can't wait for all the energy everyone says about & I have to keep reminding myself that I just had major surgery. I get on the treadmill everyday & try for 10 minutes but I'm lucky if I get 7 minutes done before I have to quit. I am taking baby steps & praying it works.

......just a little funny side note.TMI possibly? Never knew how much I would share with strangers going through this too! Never been so excited to poop!!! ;) that is all.