Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware of Mexico Bariatric Center (MBC)

I'm a little confused about these third party "coordinators". If you do your research and find the surgeon you like, why can't you just book your surgery directly with their office? Why would you have to go through a middleman? Seems to me it's like going through a travel agent instead of just booking a flight directly with the airline. You end up paying them for something you could do yourself. This isn't the first story I've heard about someone getting ripped off by a Medical Tourism company. Seems like when something goes wrong they blame the surgeon, who you can't actually contact directly, but still keep your money. I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez at Obesity Control Center and I booked directly with them. They had patient coordinators, but they were OCC staff, not a separate company. I have been able to corresponded with the OCC doctors directly both pre and postop.

OMG this is so scary, I don't have words.

I haven't heard to much about your doctor and I don't know anything about his credentials. I wish I could tell you more.

I think you know the doctor is a quack and a criminal. If you don't research these Mexican facilities, your life is in danger. There is plenty of guidance here from people who had great surgery experiences in Mexico. This awful story proves it. God Bless.

WOW!!!! Unbelievable

If that is true then I would hope no one would promote Dr. Kelly. amazing story!

I guess my question is why would you allow them to touch you after all of the red flags and creepy feelings? If this story is true I'm flabbergasted!

Edited by honeyg317

I'm sorry I haven't replied to all the comments. I work very long hours and can't jump on the blogs. My story is 100% true. I will be happy to email anyone offline the endoscopy results I had here in the states and Dr. Ortiz surgery notes when he completed the gastric sleeve. My stomach is now now has double the scars as a result of Dr. KELLYS NEGLIGENCE AND MBC not screening their surgeon more carefully. Remember I didn't choose him on my own. He was recommended to me by Christy at Mbc

Confused:

You found out the Mexican Dr and / or hospital didn't perform the surgery you paid them to do, thus making you lack trust for surgeries performed in Mexico but then you went ahead and had yet another surgery in. Mexico ?

American doctors screw up surgeries, just like any other doctor.

We've all heard the horror stories on 60 minutes, 20/20, etc.

You either get a good person or not, period.

Again, this is not on Mexico Bariatric Center - this is on the doctor that you did eventually decide to go with...Google him, there are a lot of negative reviews.

I got the impression that it was THAT specific organization and specific doctor that she distrusts and wants to report on.

Never did I hear her say she was against the entire country of Mexico and every last doctor that lives there.

Why is everyone attacking this woman?

I got the impression that it was THAT specific organization and specific doctor that she distrusts and wants to report on. Never did I hear her say she was against the entire country of Mexico and every last doctor that lives there. Why is everyone attacking this woman?

I don't see anyone attacking... I certainly was not.... I clearly stated " confused " by her post

Hi Linda-

Wishing you all the best & a very smooth recovery.

Please let us know how you are doing and how your experience is/was....

I am so sorry this happened to you - you placed your trust in people and they let you down. It does sound very shady or at least very misunderstood... very scary.

I am glad you were finally taken care of by a good doctor and had good outcomes.

I did plastics in Mexico and I guess the moral of all these stories is that we need to very carefully research including talking to other patients. Many many Mexican surgeons are excellent but the opportunity for misunderstandings and apparently out and out fraud exist.

BTW, I had a USA doctor try to defraud me several decades ago. I never did the procedures he said I needed because I was suspicious and got a second opinion who was astounded it had ever been recommended to me. He was eventually arrested and I saw him in the paper over it! scary scary stuff realy.

Please review the documents that I have attached. If you have any questions on the validity on my story.STEIMAN, Deb post op.pdf