Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!

I have a surgery date of June 25th!! I am excited and scared, yet also realize my journey to health will start with this major step. I have many health issues, no thyroid, huge knee issues, bp issues, etc., at this time. I read WLS books and have seen my nutritionist and surgeon 2 plus times already. My surgeon first removed my gall bladder in 1994, so I know him well and trust him completely. I live in the Seattle area, so am having my surgery at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle. I have been doing all the healthy things I can to set myself up for success.I have a trusted support team of my husband and daughters and a few trusted friends, I KNOW this is not a quick fix, a diet or just a way to get thin-this is my journey back to Health and wellness and being able to move without constant pain, shower w/o a shower chair, and to LIVE again. I am so tired of isolating and hiding from fear of comments by strangers...thoughts of...will I fit in the chair....what if I cant fit in the skinny bathroom stall,....heaven forbid-can I even wipe my butt? And the list goes on.....I need help, support and to know you all are human too..,, :unsure:

Hi All!

I have a surgery date of June 25th!! I am excited and scared, yet also realize my journey to health will start with this major step. I have many health issues, no thyroid, huge knee issues, bp issues, etc., at this time. I read WLS books and have seen my nutritionist and surgeon 2 plus times already. My surgeon first removed my gall bladder in 1994, so I know him well and trust him completely. I live in the Seattle area, so am having my surgery at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle. I have been doing all the healthy things I can to set myself up for success.I have a trusted support team of my husband and daughters and a few trusted friends, I KNOW this is not a quick fix, a diet or just a way to get thin-this is my journey back to Health and wellness and being able to move without constant pain, shower w/o a shower chair, and to LIVE again. I am so tired of isolating and hiding from fear of comments by strangers...thoughts of...will I fit in the chair....what if I cant fit in the skinny bathroom stall,....heaven forbid-can I even wipe my butt? And the list goes on.....I need help, support and to know you all are human too..,, :unsure:

Hi! I am having my RNY on June 27th. I know exactly what you are saying. I have severe back problems rquiring surgery but the surgeon would not do it until I loose weight. I cannot take ther pain much longer and trouble walking so I am having the surgery. I look for the handicapp stalls and have alot of trouble with the butt wipe too lol. I can't wait to cross my legs. I have Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, sleep apnea, Fibromyalgia etc. etc. lol. I want to fit in an amusement park ride again. I want to feel better Healthwise and about myself. Hang in there. We can do it!!! I'll be your shoulder if you want to be mine and if not I will still listen to you. Best wishes Kathleen

Well I had my pre-op class today, then pre-admit at the hospital, chest X-ray, lab work, and EKG, I think I'm finished just waiting on surgery day.

Only 6 more days left til surgery... So excited!! :D

I have to do bowel prep with magnesium citrate. It's a real good at cleaning you out. It can be purchased in several flavors at any drug store or Wal-Mart. It's only a couple of dollars. I have had it before, it's not the best tasting stuff but it will do the job. Good luck with your surgery.

Yep I'm going to get one of those bottles from walgreens. It tastes like flat sprite to me.

This weekend I am buying Protein, vitamins ,and buying some baggy clothes so I'm more comfy post op

Hi All!

We can be surgery buddies!!! I am also scheduled on the 25th of June. I have a whole list of health issues to. I have sleep apnea, pcos, diabetes, and I have also had 6 surgeries on my back. I am hoping the weight loss will help my back and resolve my diabetes. I am also hoping losing weight will help with my pcos, cause I want to have a baby. I know all about isolation and hiding from strangers. My husband always want to sit in a booth when go out. I am always afraid I won't fit in the in the booth. You will have all the support you could ever want on this website. Only 26 days left. It will be here before we know it. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me. Messages get sent to my phone, so I can respond fairly quickly.

For months I have been buying shakes and other things I will need for the pre and post-op diet. A box here, a can there, etc. Even got some puddings and extracts to add to shakes. I didn't want to have to pay for it all at once, the $2 per shake times 3-5 shakes a day times 4-12 weeks kind of worried me. I was lucky, I won a Makeover and $100 worth of vitimins from my surgeons office so I have the vitimins. So I think I'm all ready... 18 days to go... gulp

Hi everyone!!! SO happy to see we have established such a great group of people on this thread!!! June will be here in 2 days - can you believe it?? Our lives are going to be changing drastically THIS MONTH. How exciting!!!!

Today I have a pre-op appointment for my Endoscopy which is scheduled June 6th. *Did anyone else have an endoscopy pre-op?

June 9th I have my one and only meeting with the nutritionist.

I have until June 13th to knock off my last 3 lbs required by insurance. I CAN DO IT! On my home scale I weighed in at 228.6 this morning. Typically I have noticed I weigh about 2 lbs more at the doctors. *Anyone else see this?

June 16th I have bloodwork.

and June 30th is THE day! AHHHHH

I look forward to having everyone update as they get closer, right up until the minute we go in, and every day afterwards! We all need to support each other and reading everyone's stories has been so comforting - we are NOT alone on this journey.

Hi everyone!!! SO happy to see we have established such a great group of people on this thread!!! June will be here in 2 days - can you believe it?? Our lives are going to be changing drastically THIS MONTH. How exciting!!!!

Today I have a pre-op appointment for my Endoscopy which is scheduled June 6th. *Did anyone else have an endoscopy pre-op?

June 9th I have my one and only meeting with the nutritionist.

I have until June 13th to knock off my last 3 lbs required by insurance. I CAN DO IT! On my home scale I weighed in at 228.6 this morning. Typically I have noticed I weigh about 2 lbs more at the doctors. *Anyone else see this?

June 16th I have bloodwork.

and June 30th is THE day! AHHHHH

I look forward to having everyone update as they get closer, right up until the minute we go in, and every day afterwards! We all need to support each other and reading everyone's stories has been so comforting - we are NOT alone on this journey.

I had the pre op endoscopy. I was freaked out to have it but I don't remeber a thing :). Good luck to you. I am schedule for surgery Wed June 4th.

<p><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-family:georgia, serif;">Hi everyone!!! SO happy to see we have established such a great group of people on this thread!!! June will be here in 2 days - can you believe it?? Our lives are going to be changing drastically THIS MONTH. How exciting!!!!</span></span></p> <p> </p> <p>Today I have a pre-op appointment for my Endoscopy which is scheduled June 6th. <span style="color:#ff0000;">*Did anyone else have an endoscopy pre-op?</span></p> <p> </p> <p>June 9th I have my one and only meeting with the nutritionist.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have until June 13th to knock off my last 3 lbs required by insurance. I CAN DO IT! On my home scale I weighed in at 228.6 this morning. Typically I have noticed I weigh about 2 lbs more at the doctors. <span style="color:#ff0000;">*Anyone else see this?</span></p> <p> </p> <p>June 16th I have bloodwork.</p> <p> </p> <p>and June 30th is THE day! AHHHHH</p> <p> </p> <p>I look forward to having everyone update as they get closer, right up until the minute we go in, and every day afterwards! We all need to support each other and reading everyone's stories has been so comforting - we are NOT alone on this journey.</p>

I had my EGD on the 27th it wasn't to bad. I had to gargle with this really thick stuff and then swallow. I felt like a little kid they kept telling me to swallow and I kept holding it in my mouth lol it was really hard to get down. That was the only hard part. I actually weigh 2lbs more than the Drs scale. Good Luck on your journey!

The anesthesiologist gave me something that made me sleep thru the whole EGD. Last thing I remember about was the doctor telling me that I was going to feel a burn in my IV, didn't even feel that.