Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone has been posting about doing shakes pre op. I called my surgeon to double check and all they require is that you lose 5-10 pounds. I have lost 10 and my surgery is on Monday so I'm hoping to lose a couple of more. I am thinking since I have all my Protein Powder I'll just do shakes the last couple of days to be on the safe side. They said I can but its not required since I've lost 10 pounds my liver will have shrunk enough.

Went on vacation over the weekend and ate a couple things I shouldn't have trying to stay awake. I didn't go crazy or anything, but it did worry me. I weighed in at my last pre-op appointment today and I've still managed to lose 5 pounds this weekend!

@@Zelda205

I'm in Virginia.

Also finally got the phone call today to set-up pre-op appointments.

Hospital pre-op Monday June 2

Surgeon pre-op Thursday June 5

Official 7-day liquid start Monday June 2

Surgery Monday June 9..,yikes

I've been doing liquids for Breakfast and lunch and eating a sensible dinner. Will do this until June 2. Trying to loose the 10 lbs I gained since my last weigh-in with the Nut.

June 3!

My survey is set for june 16th. I have lost 25 pounds so far. Was told by insurance that I had to lose ten percent, our five if there it's a co-morbidity. I have GERD so only need 5... And it gives me room enough that I won't be denied for not being big enough.

My nutritionist said shes never he'd of an insurance denying anyone for dropping below the threshold once the surgery is approved... But I supposed it has happened somewhere.

I'm supposed to be on a partial liquid diet til monday then go full liquid.... but this written I'm getting a pretzel from Aunt Annies. Lo

My survey is set for june 16th. I have lost 25 pounds so far. Was told by insurance that I had to lose ten percent, our five if there it's a co-morbidity. I have GERD so only need 5... And it gives me room enough that I won't be denied for not being big enough. My nutritionist said shes never he'd of an insurance denying anyone for dropping below the threshold once the surgery is approved... But I supposed it has happened somewhere. I'm supposed to be on a partial liquid diet til monday then go full liquid.... but this written I'm getting a pretzel from Aunt Annies. Lo

That's funny that your eating a pretzel. My favorite meals are gong down this week. We had Sushi last night and I want Chinese before surgery too! I bought my small place settings and spoons. My support group states that many still use the small plates even after a year!

Preop class was last night. Our bariatric nurse will be calling in our pain meds,injections ,zofran(nausea med) and prevacid. I will pick those up Monday. I learned that I will have a drain until I go home and have a Foley for one day. I have to go in for more pre op testing which will include blood work,breathing test,cat scan and an ultrasound. I've started an instagram which is watchtiffshrink_ if you want to follow me.not much is on it yet because I'm still pre op but it shall get exciting soon . 18 more days til surgery :)

Edited by cutiepieinchi

Intragram is a cool idea...I will look for you. I'm 19 days out. I saw something cool on some nerdy science show, where a guy who had surgery....can't remember if they said which of the procedures, but he took a selfie in the same spot everyday for a year, then put it into a video, like a time lapse video.....it was pretty remarkable to watch the transformation.

Had my last clearance test today -- had a treadmill test. I told the technician I'm counting that 10 minutes on the treadmill as my cardio for the day. I was actually pleasantly surprised how long I could manage the test -- I think the technician was even a little impressed.

Go me! :)

ginger

So I have a question to all June dates...

My surgeon does not requires a colon cleanse prior to surgery, but due to the fact I'm on Vicodin for back and hip pain and am (lately) very constipated. I was thinking about doing one on my own because I am very concern after surgery I hear, especially on this board, that Constipation is a major problem after surgery!

What do you all think?

Has anyone else done this?

If so, what do you recommend I take?

Thanks

Masonjk38

So I have a question to all June dates...

My surgeon does not requires a colon cleanse prior to surgery, but due to the fact I'm on Vicodin for back and hip pain and am (lately) very constipated. I was thinking about doing one on my own because I am very concern after surgery I hear, especially on this board, that Constipation is a major problem after surgery!

What do you all think?

Has anyone else done this?

If so, what do you recommend I take?

Thanks

Masonjk38

I have to do bowel prep with magnesium citrate. It's a real good at cleaning you out. It can be purchased in several flavors at any drug store or Wal-Mart. It's only a couple of dollars. I have had it before, it's not the best tasting stuff but it will do the job. Good luck with your surgery.

Hi All!

I have a surgery date of June 25th!! I am excited and scared, yet also realize my journey to health will start with this major step. I have many health issues, no thyroid, huge knee issues, bp issues, etc., at this time. I read WLS books and have seen my nutritionist and surgeon 2 plus times already. My surgeon first removed my gall bladder in 1994, so I know him well and trust him completely. I live in the Seattle area, so am having my surgery at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle. I have been doing all the healthy things I can to set myself up for success.I have a trusted support team of my husband and daughters and a few trusted friends, I KNOW this is not a quick fix, a diet or just a way to get thin-this is my journey back to Health and wellness and being able to move without constant pain, shower w/o a shower chair, and to LIVE again. I am so tired of isolating and hiding from fear of comments by strangers...thoughts of...will I fit in the chair....what if I cant fit in the skinny bathroom stall,....heaven forbid-can I even wipe my butt? And the list goes on.....I need help, support and to know you all are human too..,, :unsure:

@@jtickle

How often do I take the magnesium? How are they telling you to do the colon cleanse? Still waiting to hear back from my surgeon on if this will be ok.

@@jtickle

How often do I take the magnesium? How are they telling you to do the colon cleanse? Still waiting to hear back from my surgeon on if this will be ok.

My handbook says to take one bottle at noon the day before surgery. I have only had it once and it did the job.

I am scheduled for RNY on June 27th and have not heard back from the insurance. I was told by the PA in Nutrition that they would not have scheduled the appointment with the surgeon if I had not been approved, so I guess I am OK. Good Luck let me know how you are doing!

I should be having mine in June. I have one more appt after Monday and hope to schedule my surgery. does anyone know if they will go ahead and schedule the surgery while you are waiting for insurance approval?