Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things seem to be moving pretty fast!

I've seen close friends have great success with the gastric sleeve surgery. I can't wait to start this new adventure. My husband is totally on board and is excited we can both change the way we eat and exercise as a family. I'll be having the surgery at Kaiser South Sac pending my approval. So far here is my timeline:

2012: Attended information class on weight loss surgery Kaiser Roseville but did not qualify because my

BMI 35 with no comorbidity. Severe back issues did not qualify me in Spring 2013

2014: March 10 Kaiser Weight Loss Information class Roseville

March 12 251lb. Saw GP for referral. 41 BMI

March 14 Call from Bariatrics South Sac to schedule 2 hour orientation class.

March 25 237.5 2 Hour Orientation Class

March 26 Psychology Appt: I thought I would see the surgeon first for approval but wondering

if my history of depression is requiring me to get clearance from the psychiatry dept.

first.

April 14 One required support group

Next up:

Meet with surgeon

Meet with nutritionist

Meet my pre surgery goal weight whatever that will be

I've actually lost 14 lbs in two weeks from cutting out sugar, soda and extra help from a terrible cold.

I hope I qualify. I'm so ready for this tool to help me succeed.

I went to the psychologist twice before I was approved for surgery. Frustrating I thought at the time. As far as the support group, I got so much out of it I go 2-4 times a month then and still.

I've noticed that with Kaiser, too. Once you get a referral from your PCP, the ball gets rolling fast. I am postponing my surgery until after vacation, or I would probably be getting sleeved next month - and I only asked my doc about it February 10th! Pretty happy with Kaiser so far!

Orientation yesterday, Psych appt today and I even got to see the surgeon for my consult today and he approved me. Even better news is I'm only 1.8 lbs away from my pre surgery goal. 4/10 Nutrition class and 4/19 Support class then I call and schedule my surgery. WOW! I'm a little shocked.

It goes super fast once you hit goal. I did all my testing meeting with the surgeon and nurse in two weeks and scheduled the next available date which was four weeks out. I had to wait those four weeks anyways because you have to quit your birth control pills 30 days in advance. Im excited for you. :)

Thanks! I wonder if I will have less of a wait since I have permanent birth control? Are you at So Sac Kaiser? When did you have your surgery?

I am at Kaiser South Sac which I like way better then Richmond when I started this four years ago. I havent had surgery yet. Scheduled for 04-16. It went so fast after the psych appointment.

02/03 psych appointment

02/10 nutrition class

02/24 did all blood work and EKG

02/27 psych appointment when within 5 lbs of goal

03/11 went to a support group meeting

03/14 weigh in at local dr so i could schedule appt with nurse to schedule surgery

03/14 appt with nurse able to get me in same day to schedule surgery

03/21 appt with Surgeon

03/26 pre op class

04/16 first available surgery date

So excited for you! I hope mine is May.

So excited for you! I hope mine is May.

I think as long as you are at goal you can count on being scheduled within a month from that date :)

I was 1.8 lbs away from goal at my consult. Still have to:

Nutrition class

Support class

Psych

Labs

Endoscopy

EKG

Then the pre surgery appt

Think she said she'd schedule me for surgery after my 2 classes and tests.

Dr. Grinberg at Kaiser

I didn't have endoscopy. Wonder if they are going to do that the day of? I did my labs and EKG all in about an hour since they both were drop in appt the day ;) I'm excited for you to get your day booked.