Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with being cold and tired all the time? I am 15 months post op and am cold all the time. Also I am tired all the time even after going to the gym. Wondering if it may be a thyroid thing cause my weight has not budged in months. Anyone else have these issues?

I have thyroid, and this could be the cause of your symptoms, it could also have something to do with anemia, Vitamin defficency or low blood pressure. You may want to schedule an appointment with your dr and have them do a CBC and a chemistry panel. It is in your best interest, your body will thank you.

I am prone to getting cold now. I keep my house warmer and my kiddo came home for spring break and complained heartily so I am wearing sweaters this week! I also learn from my skinny friends - don't be afraid of long underwear, layers etc. I think this is pretty normal.

Tired all the time... I would check two things, no 3 things first. #1 hydration - are you getting plenty of Water everyday? #2 adequate sleep and #3 nutrition and supplements - Vitamin B family deficiencies can happen with the sleeve for example and make you feel really tired. I do the drops under the tongue a couple of times a week.

If all that checks out - you should be evaluated. I have so much energy these days it should be bottled and sold so I don't think it is due to losing weight...

As a Vet, (hint hint :) I am ALWAYS cold also!!! I was always an extremely hot natured person prior to WLS (or at least I thought so!) I am not so much tired, although I can tell a HUGE difference when I allow myself to eat more "junk" and not cleanly.

Haha, CGJ, I'm hawt and cold too! I got thick wool socks for Christmas, a cashmere robe, silk long johns, and gloves with cashmere lining. I layer it up with a tank, long sleeved shirt and sweater. It's really got to be in the 80s before I'm comfortable in short sleeves. However, late at night, I warm up and sleep with just the sheet, the heater turned off and the window cracked.

Not sure about why you are tired. I have more energy than I did pre-op, probably because I'm not lugging around more than 100 extra pounds everywhere I go. I agree with others that it may be thyroid. Another few things to consider are an excessive amount of carbs or not enough fluids or Vitamins.

Lynda

Hey Georgia we may no longer be HOT all the time but we are HAWT...HAHA :)

Oh yes! Hee hee.

I'm always cold too! 3+ years later and never hit goal but apparently lost enough of my "warmth layer" to make me cold always.

Also going to agree with girliegreeneye...you need to be evaluated. It could be an Iron deficiency that is causing you to be tired (among other things) a blood panel is definitely in order to make sure there isn't something else going on.

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with being cold and tired all the time? I am 15 months post op and am cold all the time. Also I am tired all the time even after going to the gym. Wondering if it may be a thyroid thing cause my weight has not budged in months. Anyone else have these issues?

I am 15 months post op also and exactly the same!

Freezing cold and exhausted constantly, get sick easily and although I'm ecstatic about the weight loss and surgery I'm thinking this may be linked to anemia even though I'm now getting B12 injections...

Has anyone had any drastic changes in their period? It is consistent and I think it's all related somehow!! I'm in the process of getting additional tests but thought if ask if anyone else is experiencing similar symptoms?

I am sorry for all of you that are not physically 100%.

I do seriously struggle with getting cold but I feel wonderful since losing the weight - super high energy and I think it is a sign of something not being quite right if you don't feel better than you felt as an obese person.

Now, post plastics, I was exhausted again. That was a kick ass surgery and I recommend to any vets considering to be sure you go into it as fit and strong as possible as it will knock you back a few steps!

I am 5 months out now and though i am 90% returned to normal... it has been a slow road - worth it though!

I'm always cold and I would sweat just drinking coffee before surgery! I have to wear more layers, too! I keep a sweater or fleece in the car as I freeze in restaurants in the summer. But.....I can add clothes as I feel so much better!!!

Agree with the others to have blood work done. Another thing to consider could you be pre-menopausal? This is happening to me now. At night I climb into bed freezing and exhausted only to break out in a full body sweat a moment later and kick all the blankets off and repeat this process several times during the night.

I am always tired. Can't work out. Just want to sleep. Getting a blood panel done. Hopefully they can find out what's wrong. They think it's my hydration levels. I don't think so.. We'll see.

Could be a small bout of depression too.