Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But it won't keep me down. Today was my first post-op appointment. I looked forward to today all weekend. I was really hoping for a big loss, but when I got on the surgeon's scale, I've only lost 0.8 pounds since my surgery day 11 days ago! Whaaaa? I did lose 13 pounds in the five days before surgery, so overall I'm doing fine, but what the...? I've been tracking intake (averaging just under 1000 calories per day), walking every day and increasing my workout each day, drinking my Water, not cheating at ALL, and 0.8 pounds in 11 days???????? GRRRRRRRR! Nobody was disappointed but me. (They don't know I weighed myself in the hospital on surgery day, which is not their protocol anymore.) I know it will all work out and it will start to drop, and I have four weeks left of liquids and then I get to go on regular foods. My doctor suggested I go down to 800 calories a day and ditch the Protein drinks. Yikes! Those were the only things keeping me from being ravenous! I'm not giving up. Just ranting. I'm determined to do what I need to do, and what I need to do is cut more calories stick with this. The good (excellent) news is that I am healing very well, and can go back to my Aqua Zumba in two weeks. I'm also due for my first fill on April 28th if I want it. That "if I want it" is because I am taking a trip abroad in mid-May and I'm scared to go with a new fill. My NP says no problem, wait until you come back. Doc prefers I get filled before I go (probably so I don't overindulge in Italy). Of course, it is my choice, so I'll decide next month. Anyway, I found out my band size is LapBand 14 AP Large and they typically fill the first fill anywhere between 4-7 ccs. I came home, walked my 24 minutes on the treadmill, and had my crappy yogurt for dinner. OK, I'm done. :angry:;)

Wow. Give yourself a break. Even though you are healing well, I don't think very many banders drop a lot if any weight this soon, in fact, I along with others, gained. It wasn't due to over eating by any means. Take a few breaths, follow the advice of your Doc. From what I read here, many folks don't notice a huge difference in restriction after the first conservative fill.

Ultimately, with work on your part, with a properly adjusted band, you will achieve your goal- it is a partnership, as with any relationship, it requires patience, and persistence . Good luck- I'm so envious you are going to Italy! One day, that will be me!! Enjoy every minute!

I'm surprised no one told you about post-op weight gain. It's very common because you are often swollen and Fluid filled. I had my hips replaced in October. I gained 15 lbs. from the surgery. I didn't weight my self for weeks after but eventually, it came off... And I mean it when I say weeks. That's how long it can take.

Just continue what you are doing and soon enough, the numbers will drop.

Thanks, Kitt. I guess I just expected to see a drop because I've been going to sleep each night with a growling stomach. That used to mean weight loss back the day. I know I'm still healing. I can still see and feel the puffy incision area, so I know things haven't totally returned to normal yet. Just not looking forward to 200 fewer calories a day with no restriction yet. Is this the bandster hell they talk about? Everyone says the liquid diet post-op is the hardest time.

Gowalking, I did see that here, actually, but I didn't realize it was weeks. Thanks, I feel better about it now.

I'm not sure what others mean when they say bandster hell, but, the most difficult thing for me to do is understand what a "normal" portion size looks like. It's much smaller than I ever knew. Add into that, emotional or head hunger- it is challenging to really listen to what my body is feeling, when satisfied, when I'm just thirsty. The growling, burping and weird noises.. Lol! Probably something you have to get used to- it no longer means hungry!

Don't take this the wrong way and I mean it in a positive way. "LOSING WEIGHT AFTER SURGERY(30 DAYS) IS NOT IMPORTANT"

So much has happened to your body since your pre surg diet, that comparing your self to others at this point is so non productive.

Wait till after your first fill to be concerned with losing weight. This 30 day period after surgery is a healing time. Your body was pumped with saline, antibiotics, anesthesia and so much more. It's swollen from a major operation and will take time to heal. It will retain fluids until it is healed.

tmf

Don't let this bring you down. You're still healing, and that should be where your focus is! I gained 8lbs after surgery, and it took nearly a month for any of it to come off. Just keep doing what you're supposed to be doing, and I promise, the weight will come off!

Good luck!

These were so helpful to read. I really wasn't comparing to others, at least I didn't think so. I was comparing to how I've felt in the past (hungry) and what that resulted in (weight loss). You're all right. The surgery's effect on my body really is a bigger deal than I anticipated. Thanks for the reality check!

These were so helpful to read. I really wasn't comparing to others, at least I didn't think so. I was comparing to how I've felt in the past (hungry) and what that resulted in (weight loss). You're all right. The surgery's effect on my body really is a bigger deal than I anticipated. Thanks for the reality check!