Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with dresses, pics please

@@Seela

I think a fit and flare dress would look really good on you. That style is like the black and white dress (#2) the Atelux17 is wearing.

#2 is express, $25. The other ones are TJ maxx under $20.

Thank you ladies so much! I can't wait to go dress shopping this weekend. .. I'll post some update pics when I do

May I just say you all are so beautiful!

I also vote for a "fit and flare style". I just bought that style dress for a wedding next weekend. I am going to be with people/ family who haven't seen me in a while so I wanted my outfit to show of my progress without being over the top. At 6 months out, while I have dropped 7 sizes, I have not worked out enough to tame my saggy , baggy belly. I am not complaining, its just a fact that this fluff needs to be tamed by the right clothing, lol. The "fit " hows accenuates a smaller waist and the "flare" conceals a loose mid section easily. I love the wrap dresses and but I am still too self conscious about being a bit lumpy. Happy shopping!

I also vote for a "fit and flare style". I just bought that style dress for a wedding next weekend. I am going to be with people/ family who haven't seen me in a while so I wanted my outfit to show of my progress without being over the top. At 6 months out, while I have dropped 7 sizes, I have not worked out enough to tame my saggy , baggy belly. I am not complaining, its just a fact that this fluff needs to be tamed by the right clothing, lol. The "fit " hows accenuates a smaller waist and the "flare" conceals a loose mid section easily. I love the wrap dresses and but I am still too self conscious about being a bit lumpy. Happy shopping!

A long tight Lycra singlet will hide any jelly belly. Yes you could get spanks but the cheap option is the long Lycra singlet which I buy from Target in Aus so maybe check out some of the cheaper dept stores.

YOU ARE ME! I haven't worn a dress since prom. I eloped for my wedding so I never wore a dress! I am also 5'5 and 170lbs. I was thinking that I could probably wear a dress but I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin. I saw the post about a potential wrap dress; however, I think my boobs (the only thing that hasn't reduced) are to big plus I still have the baby flap over so I would have to wear some major spanks to fit into the little black dress. Shorter would work since I'm not tall, but again, the process is very overwhelming.

YOU ARE ME! I haven't worn a dress since prom. I eloped for my wedding so I never wore a dress! I am also 5'5 and 170lbs. I was thinking that I could probably wear a dress but I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin. I saw the post about a potential wrap dress; however, I think my boobs (the only thing that hasn't reduced) are to big plus I still have the baby flap over so I would have to wear some major spanks to fit into the little black dress. Shorter would work since I'm not tall, but again, the process is very overwhelming.

I totally agree. I never thought I'd hate shopping but it's such a chore now because I don't even know where to start or what size i am. I'm excited about getting some dresses though... Now... I'm not even going to start on the nightmare of bra shopping! Lol

I'm 6 months out and 70 lbs down. I recently found I'm wanting to wear more girlie clothes and went dress shopping. I tried on over 30 dresses (and wasn't all sweaty and ready to pass out in the dressing room because I'm cold all the time now) - all different styles and found two that I really liked and purchased. Go to the stores and try on everything you can get your hands on! It was very surprising on what I found I liked on compared to what I liked on the hanger. I had a blast even though I was shopping by myself.

^^Good advice!

I got dresses! Thanks everyone for your help :)

post-182263-0-14029100-1396586840_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43101[/ATTACH]

post-182263-0-70246400-1396586854_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43102[/ATTACH]

post-182263-0-72921700-1396586877_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43103[/ATTACH]

Great idea! Dresses were my savior during my wt loss period. You can wear them everyday, even if u lose 20lbs & with tights& boots winter to summer transition is do-able. Unlike my damn pants that kept falling down& revealing my plumber butt on the daily. Hrrmph. Wraps, color blocking, slim inset dresses all help.

I must really respect the ppl on this forum to allow all my embarrassing selfies on here. I'm indecisive in dressing rooms. I'm 5'4 & 165lbs to 135 in these pics.

You look great. You're very pretty.

You look great. You're very pretty.

Thank you :)

Beautiful! Great choices!

Did you have fun?

Beautiful! Great choices!

Did you have fun?

Thanks! Yes, I went with my daughter and I think she may have had more fun than me... she was pulling dresses left and right. .. I never would have even tried these types of dresses without everyone's recommendations, so thank you so much!