Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Good for you!

I had my month appointment today. I'm ok to eat soft solids. I have lost 22 pounds since surgery, 15 before surgery.

I ate an actual real meal today with my family. It was very nice. I couldn't believe the small amount of food satisfied me.

I feel better being able to eat real food!

Is it just me or does anyone else stomach feels discomfort and rumble all day? I'm 8 wks tomorrow and no matter what I do my stomach hurts. Any suggestions

Is it just me or does anyone else stomach feels discomfort and rumble all day? I'm 8 wks tomorrow and no matter what I do my stomach hurts. Any suggestions

I would call your surgeon or speak to a nurse. At 8 weeks out I would think you shouldn't have any pain anymore.

Are you on a daily antacid? If not, the rumbling and hurting could be from heartburn. Even on a daily dose antacid, I still get the burning and rumbling in my stomach in the evening.

I would call your surgeon or speak to a nurse. At 8 weeks out I would think you shouldn't have any pain anymore.

Are you on a daily antacid? If not, the rumbling and hurting could be from heartburn. Even on a daily dose antacid, I still get the burning and rumbling in my stomach in the evening.

Well i have the same issue but it is my reflux. I have sever reflux that causes me discomfort all day long. I am on a strong antacid that helps for part of the day but by like 2pm my stomach is going crazy again. maybe you need to talk to your surgeon or nurse so they can give you something for the pain and discomfort.

I Called My doc And They schd Me an Appt Tomorrow. I had the stomach bacteria called h pylori and they stopped the treatment for it bc it was making me sick at the beginning of surgery. The bacteria causes reflux, so I think thts wats wrong. How far out are u? It sucks to feel this way bc it makes me not want to eat bc my stomach hurts...I'm not leaving tht office until this is cured lol

I Called My doc And They schd Me an Appt Tomorrow. I had the stomach bacteria called h pylori and they stopped the treatment for it bc it was making me sick at the beginning of surgery. The bacteria causes reflux, so I think thts wats wrong. How far out are u? It sucks to feel this way bc it makes me not want to eat bc my stomach hurts...I'm not leaving tht office until this is cured lol

Well i am a month out right now and have been trying to get this reflux under control forever it feels like. But slow and steady wins the race. i know it will get better with time. I have to have faith that it will.

I'll keep u in my prayers, it ducks to feel like this. I was told getting reflux under control can take some time, but I'm hoping tht we both fight through this sooner than later. I've lost 52, 37 lbs since surgery and I'm not enjoying it be all this pain and discomfort I'm in :-/ I know it will get better, it's Jus discouraging to be Goin through this at 2 months...

I'll keep u in my prayers, it ducks to feel like this. I was told getting reflux under control can take some time, but I'm hoping tht we both fight through this sooner than later. I've lost 52, 37 lbs since surgery and I'm not enjoying it bc all this pain and discomfort I'm in :-/ I know it will get better, it's Jus discouraging to be Goin through this at 2 months...

I will keep you in mine as well. it does suck big times. I just wish i didnt have to go through this at all. Some times i have regrets but I have to remember nothing good comes with work and suffering. So I hope you feel better soon. I hope I am not going through this at 2 months out. I have lost 38 in total but 28 since surgery. I hope we both get this under control sooner than later as well.

I have been following all of your stories but not said much lately as I can have a little catch up on my phone at work. Everyone is doing so well. I am 6 weeks from surgery and doing great, I here everyone gets a little worried when it slows down sometimes. I do to, then I remember what an effort is was just to loose a half a kilo (a pound) and I remind myself that this is by far the journey that is getting me the results I am after no matter how quickly.

Well done everyone!

I went to the gym for the first time since surgery. Did 20 mins on the treadmill (about a mile). I'm going to try and do 20 mins at least 3 days a week. Gotta start somewhere, even if small. The good news is that going last night helped me break through my week-long stall. What does that tell ya! They weren't kidding when they say exercise is crucial. Hopefully it helps with all this flabby skin I've got going on too :/

Just came across this thread! I was sleeved March 24th. HW 236 SW 230 CW 199.5. I'm so bummed I've only lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks!!!! Very frustrating. I can't seem to be getting in as much calories and Protein I'm told too. See my doc for my 6 week check up on Monday. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get out of this stall!?

Hey everyone .. I found a fantastic Vitamin that has helped me soooooo much with my acids in my stomach!!! The foamies especially!!! Papaya enzyme .. Got it at Walmart for 5 bucks and it was the best 5 bucks I have ever spent!! It even helped with my husbands fuming stomach!!

I went to the gym for the first time since surgery. Did 20 mins on the treadmill (about a mile). I'm going to try and do 20 mins at least 3 days a week. Gotta start somewhere, even if small. The good news is that going last night helped me break through my week-long stall. What does that tell ya! They weren't kidding when they say exercise is crucial. Hopefully it helps with all this flabby skin I've got going on too :/

Hi Sleevie! I also just returned to the gym for the first time since my surgery, but my NUT recommended I exercise in a different way. He told me to avoid aerobic exercises (treadmill, elliptical, etc.) and instead focus on anaerobic exercise, specifically weight-lifting. He said the best way to avoid flappy skin is to pack as much muscle on as possible.

But, I'm a guy with previous weight-lifting experience, and I live in Japan and there's not many sleevers around for the doc to compare me too.

My surgery was march 14, 2014, I haven't had any problems besides the trap gas after coming home. I have lost about 50 lbs pre op and post op Enjoying this journey to improve my life.

I started walking same day home from Hosptial. So now I am up to walking 3 miles and I notice the walking I get on the more weight I loose.