Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

started solid food a day early (shame on me) but i couldnt wait! Had fish and spinach kinda...I built it up in my head as going to be the most fantastic thing ever...but alas...having to eat slowly...my fish got cold lol. So back to the drawing board. And i did find something at the grocery store called P3, they are like Protein packed lunchables! Has cheese, meat and peanuts or almonds. Each package contains 14g of protein. For a regular person suppose to be a protein snack, but I am going to try to eat it for lunch tomorrow. I have my two week check up tomorrow...hope all is well!

I did get really lightheaded today at work and had to go home. I passed out as soon as My head hit my pillow. has anyone else experienced this before?

Hi gang! I was sleeved on 3/27 and so far everything has gone well. I didn't have any nausea issues and I walked like a fiend in the hospital because I did have KILLER gas pains in my shoulder. I had low potassium and they gave me two giant horse pills to take (seriously???) . As soon as I got home on Friday, I had the biggest and loudest fart I ever had and voila - pain in shoulder is gone.

I've been taking it easy and focusing on hydration. I hate the Protein shakes- but I think I found a brand I like- Unjury and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, I also found Mexican flavored tortilla broth from Swanson that is to DIE for. I blend it with Campbell's poblano and queso Soup and it's so wonderful.

It seems fairly easy so fat and I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Pain meds work great and I'm sleeping well.

Hi gang! I was sleeved on 3/27 and so far everything has gone well. I didn't have any nausea issues and I walked like a fiend in the hospital because I did have KILLER gas pains in my shoulder. I had low potassium and they gave me two giant horse pills to take (seriously???) .

I took those potassium pills before surgery, I crushed them up in my smoothies. Maybe you can crush them into your Protein Shakes?

Hi All, I had my lap band out and the sleeve done on March 27. I came home 24 hours after. I have struggled in recuperating. I have been really tired and lethargic. I am having issues with getting in more that 45 grams of Protein. I am drinking 50 to 60 ounces of fluids including G2, Water, and unsweetened tea. The biggest issue I am having with my incisions is the one on the right side. It pulls really bad when I stand up. The second issue is Constipation. I haven't been able to go since the day before surgery. So for the count that is 5 days now, if things don't change soon, I will call the doctor tomorrow to ask for his suggestions. On a positive note I have lost 23 pounds so far since beginning the two week prep diet. So, far so good :)

I'm a revision from LapBand also, how is your port incision? My surgeon also removed my stomach through that incision, it still has some swelling, for a while I swore my port was still there lol

Hi All, I had my lap band out and the sleeve done on March 27. I came home 24 hours after. I have struggled in recuperating. I have been really tired and lethargic. I am having issues with getting in more that 45 grams of Protein. I am drinking 50 to 60 ounces of fluids including G2, Water, and unsweetened tea. The biggest issue I am having with my incisions is the one on the right side. It pulls really bad when I stand up. The second issue is Constipation. I haven't been able to go since the day before surgery. So for the count that is 5 days now, if things don't change soon, I will call the doctor tomorrow to ask for his suggestions. On a positive note I have lost 23 pounds so far since beginning the two week prep diet. So, far so good :)

I'm a revision from LapBand also, how is your port incision? My surgeon also removed my stomach through that incision, it still has some swelling, for a while I swore my port was still there lol

Hi KajunGumbo

I have a very sore incision also. I think they pulled out something the size of an orange out of a one inch incision. Lol. Hope you feel better soon.

Getting liquids and protein in is hard at first. But you'll get there. The pulling on your incision that you are feeling is a stitch. I hear about them all the time, usually means it was stitches a little too tight. One day it should "pop" and the pain should disappear then.

For constipation, the nurse told me it's normal to even go 9 days without pooping. If you feel you need relief, milk magnesia worked well for me. Or if your drugstore has it, liquid colace.

Hang in there :)

Im going off liquids this fri had surgery march 28. Can I have a Peanut Butter n jelly sandwich I kno my dr said fri I can start grits n ricotta cheese with soft tomatoes any other food recommended?

I had surgery on 3/19/14 and was so sick with the pain medicine Dilaudid I was throwing up after surgery because of it. I asked to be taken off of it and wasn't put on something else until the following afternoon. In order to get through that, I slept the whole time in the hospital. By the next day I was getting up only to use the bathroom on my own. They took me to do the xray with the iodine drink to check for leaks..man that drink was horrible. The third day I walked the halls a few times and I started to feel better moving around. I took the pain medicine for a day or two at home and that was it. The cuts hurt a little, but I felt better when I put a pillow on it for pressure. I slept mostly on my sides holding a pillow to my tummy to feel better.

When eating and drinking after surgery I noticed I kept having gas and hearing gas sounds. I found that if I breathed through my nose before I swallowed that helped a lot in reducing the gas. Now almost two weeks post op, I don't have as much gas, it feels like it gets better along with everything else. We did something very drastic to our bodies, and our bodies need time to heal. In time, it feels like everything slowly gets better.

The only real problem I have now is that I'm not getting in as much Protein as I should be able to. Mostly in part because the protein shakes/powders makes me sick. I'm trying to find another way to get them in, but with the minimal amount we are able to eat now, it's a little difficult.

The worst thing I tried so far for me after surgery was eggs. I ate about a half of an egg, wow...it just got completely stuck..but I didn't want to throw up..so I sat up for about an hour for it to pass..

The best thing going down..I actually was able to eat a full cheese stick..I peeled it slowly very thin and chewed it really good..I couldn't believe how easy it went down without any pressure at all. They have about 9 grams of protein each so that is great.

I've been eating the following with no problems: oatmeal, farina, yogurt, pudding, Jello, ice pops (blue bell is the best!), tuna with two crackers, refried Beans, beans, mushy Cereal, deli turkey and cheese, and milkshakes that I make with frozen fruit and milk with honey.

I just feel like its impossible to get everything we are to get in throughout the day. I joked with my boyfriend and he said I need to wear those hats with a straw attached to it to keep sipping all through the day..lol ..oh well we'll see how the next few weeks go. Good luck to all!

Im going off liquids this fri had surgery march 28. Can I have a Peanut Butter n jelly sandwich I kno my dr said fri I can start grits n ricotta cheese with soft tomatoes any other food recommended?

No bread!! Peanut Butter will most likely sit very heavy in your sleeve also. Have eggs, Refried Beans, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese instead

You are so lucky, I had my surgery on the 18th March and my doc says liquids to next TUESDAY! I am going mad. So sick of Tomato Soup but everything else tastes salty or too sweet. I am sure it will get better but I could kill an egg.

My surgery was march 11th like most of you the first few days I questioned my decision. Got past that as I started feeling good as in joints and aches and pains feel better. I get really tired at night and can't find the energy to excercise yet. Still fighting the mental hunger vs physical hunger which I could really use advice on. I think I lost 27 lbs or more but concerned about hunger. For those of you still waiting on surgery pls be confident that you will have no regrets (other then the gasp from the Protein drinks! LOL) hand in there good luck and god bless your for your course to take this step

No bread!! Peanut Butter will most likely sit very heavy in your sleeve also. Have eggs, Refried Beans, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese instead

@@Clinton6 no bread really my dr said crackers you think that would be okay I fig bread over crackers? oh and do you think I could do cream cheese and jelly! eggs yessss!!! thank you

Crackers are better than bread. Some Drs allow bread but it must be toasted because bread expands. I have tuna with two crackers and it's fine.

Crackers are better than bread. Some Drs allow bread but it must be toasted because bread expands. I have tuna with two crackers and it's fine.

@@lisi287 i didn't even think of it expanding thank you can't wait for fri!

Thank u @ I miss sleeping on my side I was in bed last night sleeping somewhat in my side the hospital bed was nice dont have a recliner just couch wish I did now. I love cold Water im taking it super slow I want to be on mushy food can u have grits they come like oatmeal on pureed n mushy wks? It is tough frustrating. Thank u I wish u luck n success on ur journey as well!!!

I miss grits but my surgeon says no grits till 4 months because they lodge in staples, be careful!

@@KajunGumbo thx i will