Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Hi congrats to everyone my surgery is on May 19 and I have to do one week of the pre surgery liver shrink diet beginning May 12.

Hi cookie they changed my date from May 5 until the 19 do to the surgeon having a family emergency but yes I have to do 1 week liquid liver shrink diet.

My surgery is May 6th, Im in England, and am feeling kind of excited and terrified. While I had my pre op assessment I burst into tears for no reason other than I found myself thinking what a stupid fat gutty pig I am eating myself into an operating theatre!

I could do with a buddy who is having surgery near me to be friends with and add to face book, or have a group on FB - It would be fun to meet up a year from now and have a party :)

One week to surgery and I'm getting very excited. I'm down 10 lbs this past week on the pre-op liquid diet and I feel great. It's amazing to me how good you feel with just Protein and the bariatric Vitamins. I

My only concern at this point is my husband. He's realized that he cherishes our meals together more than he thought. He's tried to be very considerate this week and not eat in front of me, even though I've told him it's not necessary. He's so use to thinking about what we were going to eat, that he's having trouble trying to figure out what to eat for himself. He's the cook in our house.....he's much better than I and plus he wouldn't eat much of what I would cook anyway. I think this is a harder adjustment on him than me and I'm concerned.

We will persevere and come out better because of this fantastic journey.

Purple Iris, This for me is the complete opposite. I am the one feeding a big family and constantly trying to please all tastes especially with my picky kids.

I have always struggled with them eating fruit and veggies and when I talk with them about eating better. Well I'm like a pecking hen in their ears. I'm slowly trying to get them to eat different things. My husband is not so picky and prefers my cooking than going out. Because I will be on liquids when I come home I am thinking of ways to make hearty Soups that will work for me to puree but yet they can eat whole. I make things like vegetable beef, white chicken chili w/northern Beans, etc. That way I can take a bit out to puree it and add more broth and poof my supper is complete There will be times they will want different like Pasta, I will have to work around it like taking my veggie puree and adding broth to maybe make a simple Soup for me while they eat pasta.

I guess I'm trying to say you can still have your dinners together just have to get through that icky liquid diet before hand. Sorry I'm rambling. :)

Just found out today....MAY 20 th :-)

Super EXCITING!! Congratulations!!

I just got my date... may 19 !!!!

Congrats ion your surgery date. That's mine too! How are you doing? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow! I start mine next Monday! It's a high Protein, low fat, low carb diet!

We'll just officially started my pre-op diet! It a 2 wk liquid diet with 5 Protein Shakes per day, chicken broth, Jello, and ice pops. Wow that doesn't seem like much but I'm gonna get through this diet and on to the losers bench in 2wks!!!

I can't believe how fast things went after I got my surgery date!

Edited by niasia33

I just found out yesterday -- I am having surgery May 20th! I'm getting really excited but also a little nervous... mostly about post surgery pain.

Edited by trixasaurus

I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought Vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again

I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again

I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again

I just found out yesterday -- I am having surgery May 20th! I'm getting really excited but also a little nervous... mostly about post surgery pain.

Wow congrats Trixa! When are you starting your pre-op diet? I'm trying to not focus on what happens after the pre-op diet until the night before my surgery because I will be a wreck thinking about so many thing while not eating. I am not going to allow myself to cheat because I want to do my part to lessen the risk of complications.

I have quit smoking after 25yr so the least I can do is get through these last 2 weeks! Lol

Hv you gotten anything for post surgery yet?

I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought Vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again I'm on a pure milk pre op diet plus a shop bought vitamin tablet - I've cheated because milk is not enough I needed to eat but I only cheated with tuna or chicken dud have some rice cos I was starving - I lost 4 pounds first week anyway - my surgery is on Tuesday am feeling really scared again

Wow Bridget just milk well good luck to you. Just keep doing your best and that I all you can ask for. Are you in England? I saw that the docs there use the milk diet.

I am having surgery May 15th. Just found out last week. I'm super excited and nervous.

Wow congrats Trixa! When are you starting your pre-op diet? I'm trying to not focus on what happens after the pre-op diet until the night before my surgery because I will be a wreck thinking about so many thing while not eating. I am not going to allow myself to cheat because I want to do my part to lessen the risk of complications.

I have quit smoking after 25yr so the least I can do is get through these last 2 weeks! Lol

Hv you gotten anything for post surgery yet?

Thanks! I start the pre-op diet on Tuesday. The diet I was given doesn't seem nearly as strict as some of the others I've read about here. Congrats on quitting smoking! I quit ten months ago and feel great. :)I got some Protein Drinks yesterday to try out, but that's it.

Thanks! I start the pre-op diet on Tuesday. The diet I was given doesn't seem nearly as strict as some of the others I've read about here. Congrats on quitting smoking! I quit ten months ago and feel great. :)I got some Protein drinks yesterday to try out, but that's it.

Oh ok cool. I started my pre-op diet today and today wasn't too bad. Hubby and kids had pizza for dinner and I did laundry while they ate, so I did good through that and I really wasn't too hungry today. I feel like I really just have to take one day at a time and not think about the whole 14 days.

Thanks for the congrats and congrats to you too!

My diet is pretty strict with only 5 Protein Shakes a day, sf Jello, Water, zero calorie flavored water, broth, and two sf Popsicle per day. I just had the shakes, jello and water today. What's your diet like?

Edited by niasia33