Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

My surgery is May 7th! I started liquid diet yesterday, which consist of Protein Shakes, broth, sf Popsicles and Jello. Only 800-1000 calories a day and no caffeine. I had a headache that turned into a migraine:( today I feel much better. I also uses Bariatric Advantage vanilla and you need a good blender for the right consistency. If I over blend it gets foamy. I would love to follow others having surgery the same week. :)

My surgery is also on May 7th! Surgeon only requires me to do 7 day pre-op. So, I don't start until April 30. Mine is totally liquid. I really wish it would allow for a light meal. I mgiht make my own pre-op diet. Just so I don't go through the Migraines.

found out at my post op checkup with dr yesterday why my surg took almost five hours...I had Peterson Defect which had to be repaired! I'm doing and feeling great...9 days out. will get lab reports from yesterday later this a m.

My surgery date is May 2! Eight days and counting!

My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet...hmm...they told me to just 'eat light' for two days prior to surgery. Well, this is just scary.

Edited by NewJamie

My surgery is also on May 7th! Surgeon only requires me to do 7 day pre-op. So, I don't start until April 30. Mine is totally liquid. I really wish it would allow for a light meal. I mgiht make my own pre-op diet. Just so I don't go through the Migraines.< /p>

I called to see if I could have no sugar fudge Popsicles. I can't cause of the carbs. U have to follow to allow your body to shrink the liver. My head feels much better today, on day 2. (: let's keep on touch.

My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet...hmm...they told me to just 'eat light' for two days prior to surgery. Well, this is just scary.

WOW! I wish I had those instructions. I have to find and organize myself. I don't have my Vitamins or anything for the pre and post op meal plans.< /p>

WOW! I wish I had those instructions. I have to find and organize myself. I don't have my Vitamins or anything for the pre and post op meal plans.< /p>

I haven't gotten my post-op vitamins or anything yet, either. I better get on that. I'm concerned that some surgeons require a pre-op liquid diet and mine doesn't. From what I'm reading, it looks like there are some real benefits to a liquid diet prior to surgery. It's too late for me to do two weeks but maybe I can do the liquid thing for several days prior to my surgery.

I haven't gotten my post-op Vitamins or anything yet, either. I better get on that. I'm concerned that some surgeons require a pre-op liquid diet and mine doesn't. From what I'm reading, it looks like there are some real benefits to a liquid diet prior to surgery. It's too late for me to do two weeks but maybe I can do the liquid thing for several days prior to my surgery.

WOW! I wish I had those instructions. I have to find and organize myself. I don't have my vitamins or anything for the pre and post op meal plans.< /p>

It definately wouldn't hurt. Surgeons are different with these requirements. I've read so many different requirements - 2 weeks liquid diet. . .1 week liquid diet. . .I read of someone who has a 3 week liquid diet. . .now you and your surgeon doens't even require a liquid diet. It's just diferent methods that each surgeon uses. I'm REALLY glad I didn't have a 3 week liquid preop diet. I don't know how in the world i'd be able to do it for 3 weeks. But. . .I guess you do what you have to do to get where you need to be. When I went to my surgon visit, he said he'd have me do 5 day pre-op liquid diet. But when the nurse called to schedule my date, she said he wanted 7 days. Dont know why. But i'll try to get myself organized. She also wants me to do the vitamins preop. I just feel so unprepared!

I haven't gotten my post-op Vitamins or anything yet, either. I better get on that. I'm concerned that some surgeons require a pre-op liquid diet and mine doesn't. From what I'm reading, it looks like there are some real benefits to a liquid diet prior to surgery. It's too late for me to do two weeks but maybe I can do the liquid thing for several days prior to my surgery.

You could still benefit. What I read about ketosis on the internet, it can take as little as one day to several days to get there. Everyone is different. Plus if u drink caffeine now, quit before surgery cause won't have it while healing.

My surgery is May 10th -- Started my Pre-Op diet today -- 2 shakes and a sald for dinner -- going ok worried about how hard this is going to be -- but I have to keep telling myself its for a great good, two weeks of pain for a better life. Thank for all your comments reading your stories has really gotten me prepared for whats to come so, THANKS

My surgery is May 10th -- Started my Pre-Op diet today -- 2 shakes and a sald for dinner -- going ok worried about how hard this is going to be -- but I have to keep telling myself its for a great good, two weeks of pain for a better life. Thank for all your comments reading your stories has really gotten me prepared for whats to come so, THANKS

Congrats! Today is my second day and I lost almost 4 lbs in one day. (: I had horrible headache/migraine yesterday. Today is 89% better:). I haven't really been hungry. Hope that helps.

Started my liquid diet today, so far ok but I do feel a little light headed. All I did was pee today lol and I was so busy at work so it kept me occupied. I also got the chicken Soup ( chicken broth) from a Japanese restaurant, that helps since everything else is so sweet. Surgery is May 8th, I have an appt with the surgeon again tomorrow, then pre op Monday. Also heard today that my insurance accepted everything..... Getting nervous now!! I'm an RN, hopefully I'll be a good patient lol!

Appointment with Surgeon on Monday.....this is really starting to sink in! Eeekkkk!

Hello!! I'm scheduled for May 8th, it's coming up fast!

Jolenemb - we are scheduled for the same date!