Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Hi anyone having surgery in May, I am looking for a buddy. Thanks.

Hi Cupcake. I just got my surgery date - May 7th. Very mixed emotions! Excited, nervous, disbelief, am I ready? What do I do now?

Ready4life14 Congrats I am so happy for you , your due to have surgery right after me, Its getting so real only I have 12 more days before the new me begin, I cant wait to share stores and updates. We are going to take one day at a time and prep, have you started buying your sugar free popsickels, pudding, and Soup? Have you decided how much time you are going to take off?

I haven't done anything at all. I got the news about my surgery date just this morning. I've been kinda silently freaking out :lol: since about 11 am. Before this, I had a vague thought of what I'd do once I got the date. . .but after it became a reality. . .I began the silent freak out. . . What do I do first?!?! :o I have a pretty sedentary job. I sit at a desk all day. Very minimal activity or moving around. So, I'll be out for surgery the first week. But the second week, i'll work from home. Planning to go back to work physicially on the 3rd week after surgery. I'm hoping all goes well and I'll feel up to it. I'm just afraid I'm not ready.

Ive mainly been freaking out about all the stuff I CAN'T have after surgery. Am I really ready to give up chocolate and ice cream. . . Then the next few minutes I feel like, I've enjoyed those things for so many years and now look where it's gotten me. But it still doesn't take away this huge mind game i'm playing on myself.

I'm sorry. . .I'm rambling. . .so glad I have this forum to help 'release'. :blink:

Hi 40thBirthdaypresent! I am having my surgery on May 16th maybe we can be buddies! I start my pre-op diet on May 2, what about you? I sure could use some motivation during lol. Let me know if you interested!

Edited by niasia33

What I'm struggling with now is the idea of quitting smoking. I've smoked since I was 17 years old. Yes I know it's bad for me but I wasn't prepared to give up food and smoking at the same time!!! Yesterday was my last cigarette. Giving up food seems like a minor thing in comparison. I guess I'm distracted now so it's a good thing. Do you smoke?

Well, I don't smoke. But I do like to go out to eat a lot with my friends and family. Seems like any occasion is centered by a big meal or Snacks. Every birthday party, family get together, the first thing we plan is what are we going to eat! I only have 7 days pre-op liquid diet. Yesterday, my husband and I went to eat and for dessert I had an ice cream. All I could think of is . . .do I really want to give this up?!?! I know it's a terrible thing and that's what has gotten me to the size I am. . .this unhealthy food addiction.

My surgery is May 7th! I started liquid diet yesterday, which consist of Protein Shakes, broth, sf Popsicles and Jello. Only 800-1000 calories a day and no caffeine. I had a headache that turned into a migraine:( today I feel much better. I also uses Bariatric Advantage vanilla and you need a good blender for the right consistency. If I over blend it gets foamy. I would love to follow others having surgery the same week. :)

Is the liquid diet strictly liquids, no food?

Wow that would be awful. The doctors sent me a list that allows two frozen Meal Replacements ( weight watchers or something similar) two Protein Drinks, a sugar free Jello and a fruit a day for my pre-op diet. Don't know if that will change when I have my pre-op appointment on 'May 5th.

Wow that would be awful. The doctors sent me a list that allows two frozen meal replacements ( weight watchers or something similar) two Protein drinks, a sugar free Jello and a fruit a day for my pre-op diet. Don't know if that will change when I have my pre-op appointment on 'May 5th.

Wow, that sounds awesome, lol! When is your surgery

Wow, that sounds awesome, lol! When is your surgery

I am scheduled for surgery on May 22nd. My diet will be for 10 days prior to surgery.