Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done yesterday. The pain meds were making me nauseus. So I had to stop

Taking them. I'm still fighting the nausea, but now with more pain. In general I feel awful. Now I'm regretting my decision and thinking I should have tried harder with my diet and excercise. Has anyone felt this way? Did it last long?

I felt and still feel that way..pain was awful, I'm starving and fully regret doing the surgery at this point, my surgery was March 11th. I hope it gets better cause right now I'm so mad and upset with myself!

See if they can give you an anti nausea med for that...It should help. Plenty of different pain meds as well.. Don't just settle with okay this is my case......

Karenbuck,

I heard thiis is a very common emotion but passes quickly. I will let you know how I feel Wed. My surgery is Tuesday and I am preparing myself to having those type of emotions in the beginning. (if I do).

Best regards to you and I hope you start feeling better soon.

I was hysterical in hospital. I looked at my Pop and said "oh dear G*d, what HAVE I done?". He looked me in the eyes and said "You did what you had to do".

I had a similar melt-down a couple of days later.

I would speculate that we all go through that. I feel much better now, and I wish the same for you both. When I get sad and regretful, I dig deep and reflect on how I got to be so big and what motivated me to make the decision for the surgery in the first place. It keeps me in check.

Even at this early stage of the game, I get sad sometimes that I can't go home after a hard day of work and feast on $40 worth of Chinese take-out. But I know that this an old demon living in my head beefin' and screaming' that he's not getting his way anymore. I tell him to go suck it. :)

Be well…

I have no regrets.

No need to suffer in pain. Please ask your doctor for medication for the nausea so you can take your pain meds.

I had knee surgery and awoke in ICU to a whopping 10+ pain level on a 1-10 scale. Then I chose to go thru it again in 30 days on the other knee. Why........ Cause I had to consider the bigger picture. The long term benefits. I am two years out from those knee surgeries feeling great and went into my Sleeve surgery with no concerns for any pain or challenges......because more than Life itself, I want to no longer be obese and have to deal with everything that comes with it.

Give it time. Your feelings will change as you recognize the benefits. Hope you feel better. :)

There's no going back, only forward. Having regrets now will just upset you. Instead, just keep thinking about the positives. The first few days to a week is the hardest. I'm sure a week from now you will feel a lot better. Just take it one day at a time. Good luck :)

I have no regrets.

No need to suffer in pain. Please ask your doctor for medication for the nausea so you can take your pain meds.

Excellent advice. You will have a different perspective without the pain.

I've heard that for the first month, most people have regrets, and that afterwards, most people are glad that they did it. I didn't really have any regrets. For some reason I was one of the really lucky ones who had very little pain, no nausea, no gas problems, and wounds healing up with no problems.

I find myself fighting that head hunger monster a lot. I'm only one month post op. I also find myself talking to my sleeve a lot, especially when it is burbling and grumbling. Goes something like "awww shush....you were fed, now settle down and do your job!" I also talk to my head...."yeah, just look at that donut....so full of fat and carbs...it will not make sleevie happy at all so forget about it!"

My gosh you only had surgery yesterday. Settle down. We all know surgery is not a picnic. We went to seminars and learned the drill. Relax Karin, you did this for a reason, and you will be find. Be kind to yourself. I had the sleeve in Nov. and I have never looked back. Happy as can be and will take the very few problems I have now to the years that would have come off my lifespan if I had not had the sleeve. I am 67. You will be fine, I promise!

Get some nausea meds from the doc. I think we all had a moment thinking, what did I do?

I'm 6 weeks post op and down 45 lbs (total) and 2 pants sizes. These first days will be a distant memory very soon.

Thank you. It's definitely nice to know that I'm not the only one having these feelings. The doctor got me a different pain med and now that I'm home tonight, I'm starting to feel better. I think I was so excited about the surgery before, that I did not expect to have those feelings. I'm sure it won't be the last time for me. But now I know a little better.

At first u feel nauseous and ur in some pain. But it is so worth it. I am 9 months out and 93 lbs down. I would do it all over again in a second. It has been the best thing I have ever done. From 2x scrubs to mediums too big. I wear medium t shirts from xxl. Size 10 jeans from 22. Stick with it. Follow ur drs plan and u will see results. Each day u feel better. Hang in there.