Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

Second week of June, how about a Wednesday or Thursday night?

My two cents. You are doing wonderfully, I eat similarlly but I will need to kick it up at the gym. I am doing 40 minutes cardio, but only 3 - 4 days a week. I think 5 or 6 would help my metabolism.

Hugs and enjoy the spring storms!

Hi Everyone,

Talked with Carrie at Dr. Smith's office yesterday. I am going to his Seminar on Tuesday evening. It is exciting to me moving in this direction again!!!!

No bikini's this summer - but look out 2008!!!!

Connie thanks for sharing you daily diet. I am 3 weeks post op today and really only eating abt 300-700 calories a day still. I am exercising 25 min a day cardio 5 days a week. Down 12 lbs preop and about 14 post op. I hope it keeps coming off. Sometimes I worry I need to eat a little more to keep metabolism buring, but afraid if eat more will not loose. DON"T YOU LOVE THE HEAD GAMES.

A Wed or Thur works for me Dyno.

I just reread the postings and Connie said a weekend would be better for her. Sounds great to me. I am flexible as I am retired. Lucky me. So how about Saturday or Sunday? What is central? How about a place like Red Robin? There is one right off Arapahoe Road and I25. I know we have people coming from Fort Collins (Collector) and from Pueblo (Dakota and Connie). Maybe Castle Rock would be more central? Ideas anyone.

Have a great day and good weekend!

Hey girls! Yes, a weekend would definately be better for me. My husband is starting a big job in Aurora this week, so he will be working up there for several weeks, and I would have a good reason to come up there! In fact, I am coming up this weekend again. I won 4 tickets to a Colorado Crush game, and we are going this Friday. My son is coming up to tour a college on Friday, and then my daughter and I will come up after school. Have any of you heard of a place called Amazing Jake's in Aurora? It looks like an awesome place. We want to go this weekend while we're there. It's a big family fun place--I was just wondering if anyone has been there. How was everyone's Mother's Day? Hope you all had a great weekend.

Hey everyone!! My name is Robin and I live in Parker, CO. I am new to these boards and am just getting started with my LB journey. I have Kaiser insurance and met with my PCP last week, who updated my chart and did some blood work. He believes I should qualify and is turning in my papers, so hopefully I will get a letter soon. My BMI is 47, so I wouldn't think I should have a problem. Has anyone else used Kaiser for LB? From what I have read, they have you take many classes, etc. and surgery is approximately a year out after you receive your approval letter. Anyways, I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hey--where are all my Colorado girls? It's been so quiet! Dynomini, and Collector--how are you girls doing? Hope everything is still going well for you. I am in Denver right now--we went to the Crush game Friday night--it was so fun! Last night we went to Amazing Jakes--the kids had a ball. It's kind of weird, cuz you have to pay for the buffet in order to get in--whether you want to eat or not! This buffet has pizza, Pasta, baked potatoes, Soup, salad, desserts--its incredible, but what a waste of money for me! I was good, and only ate a small salad with fat-free dressing:clap2: . Okay, I had a few glasses of wine, too, so I guess I wasn't all that good;) . Yesterday we went to that new shopping place called Northfield Stapleton--it's like an outdoor mall--very cool. I also went to the Aurora Town Center, and did 30 min. on the treadmill at the hotel, so I definately am getting my exercise in! Today we are meeting my friend for Breakfast, and then not sure what else, but it has been a really fun weekend. My son toured Rocky Mountain School of Art and Design on Friday and really likes it. It's small--only 400 students-12 to a class, so it sounds like a great place, and they have an awesome graphic design program. Well, hope everyone is doing well, and have a great weekend!

Conniesueb - Glad you had a good college tour. I think the process of finding the right place for your kids is challenging. My son ended up at UCCS because a friend who happens to be a high school counselor said she really liked the campus and it was a first rate smaller state tuition school. He's been very happy there, especially after he figured out his major. He is in film and communications, also loves art history. Would you believe he started out in biology thinking he wanted to be a dentist. Now, he doesn't exactly know what he'll do, but loves studying. So I say you gotta follow your heart with this stuff. Good luck with your son.

Anyway, I am doing well. It has been five weeks for me. I had a fill this week, it isn't tight, but I seem to be doing well. I weigh in once a week, tomorrow and will let you know.

I think trying to get everyone together will be very challenging. Why don't you PM me a weekend time you'll be here and we can figure it out?

Not sure what to recommend. You are doing so well with your weight loss. You must love summer coming and not worrying about the lighter weight clothes and showing your arms and legs off. Good for you.

Are you still losing 1 -2 pounds per week?

Best wishes enjoy our glorious weekend weather.

Michelle

sorry it has been so long since I have replied. Things are good. Work very busy. Working out everyday on my lunch hour. Eating about 600 ca a day. Down about 32 lbs pre and post op. First fill next week.

Hope it goes well. I feel like I could eat more now but I am not. I still want to get together with you guys. Just let me know

Hey girls--well, after I posted yesterday, we got a call from my ex-husband with devastating news--his dad passed away. My son is devastated. He had gone in Tuesday for knee replacement surgery, and had been doing fine, but they apparantly had him on some really high doses of pain meds, and he started hallucinating, so they were adjusting that, then he started having trouble breathing, and they called my ex and told him they were taking him up to ICU. Well, I guess he started vomitting, and they tried to intubate him, but by the time my ex got there, he was dead! It's just so sad. So, we left Denver early--I had to drive my son's car home--he was in no shape to drive. So, our otherwise fun weekend ended on a bad note. I will let you guys know when we will be up again--my husband will be working there for about 12 weeks, so I'm sure we will make another trip soon. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hey everybody,

I just got off the phone with Carrie at Dr. Smith's office. My lap band is scheduled for 6/7/07. YEAH!!! I start my diet in the morning.

Connie I am so sorry about your son's Grandpa. So sad. No easy way for him to go through this.

Take care,

Michelle

Connie - I am so sorry for your loss. Knee replacement isn't a big deal, I'm sure you are all shocked.

collector - you are doing great. I am working at not being a scale whore and I put it away. It isn't easy, I want the weight off now! You are doing a great job dropping the weight, any secrets?

Have a great week!

Connie, I am sorry to hear about your loss and what your son is going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hey Michelle--that's awesome! I lost 10 pounds hust doing the low-carb thing before my surgery. That is the day before my son's 18th birthday. He is doing a little better--going back to school tomorrow--they have finals starting Friday, and that's when the funeral is, so he is going to see if he can take his finals earlier for those classes. The autopsy was inconclusive so far--they are waiting on the histology report, and will probably run a toxocology screen too. They just really need some answers. Thanks for keeping them in your prayers, everyone. Michelle, if you have any questions about the surgery, just call me--maybe we can do lunch again while you can still eat!