Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

I would love to get together with you guys! Just let me know the time and place, and I will try my best to be there. A weekend would be best for me, because of work. I am in Pueblo, but would be happy to come to Denver. I will actually be in Denver this weekend--seeing Chris Cagle at the Grizzly Rose! So excited!

It would be so much fun to get together at a park or restaurant. I'm in just not from June 19 - 26. My .02.

Hugs all you hardy Coloradoans,

Michelle

I'll be on vacation the week of July 4th, so that's not good for me. How are you feeling, Michelle? Any solid foods yet?

Hi Connie -

Yes, I am eating high protein/low carb, softer types of foods. I am scheduled for my first fill on the 17th of May. Dr. K said my incisions looked good, and probably not feeling much restriction with the band yet, I am healing well, which is a good thing!

I had my first fish yesterday. Yum! I am drinking one Protein Shake per day, which gets me to 50 grams of Protein. I think that is good enough for now.

Maybe June will be better for a Colorado get together. I will be gone June 19 - 26th to NYC for a wedding. Fun.

Hugs,

Michelle

HEY DREWSLOU,

My parents live in Brighton, I visit about once a month. Good to find people closer living with LapBand. Still so new to me. 2 weeks tomorrow.

Have lost 22 preop and postop. Feeling good.

Hopefully we can all get together sometime this summer.

collector

June sounds good to me too. How are you feeling? I am doing well.

Learning the new way to eat and think.

what's everybody else think about June, maybe the second week?

June sounds good to me. Collector, I am glad you are feeling good as well. Did Denver get dumped on pretty good this week? We just got lots of rain and wind down here.

Hi Everyone,

Michelle from Pueblo here. I am searching for a Dr. here in the southern Colorado area. I was set to have surgery on 2/26 with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana and due to circumstance beyond my control had to cancel. I have decided to go ahead with the surgery, but since I really can't leave town for 3 or 4 days at this point decided to go with a local doc. Suggestions????

I have heard about Dr. Smith and Dr. Brown down here in the Pueblo/Canon area. Does anyone have an idea on what they charge. I am going to have to self pay - so cost does factor in.

Can't wait to hear from you!

M

Hi Michelle in Pueblo--I am in Pueblo, too! I had Dr. Smith do my surgery and it broke down like this--$4000.00 for Dr. Smith, $1000.00 for Anesthesia, and $7800.00 for Parkwest surgery center. I think he is an excellent surgeon, and I have not had any problems--at all! I do know of two people who had Dr. Brown that got staph infections, though, so that is something to consider. Dr. Brown has done more procedures, but I still like Dr. Smith. He will not bill insurance, though--I had to pay up front, and am now in the process of getting reimbursed from my insurance company. It's nice to have someone else from Pueblo here! I am 5 months out, and doing great--I have lost 66 pounds, and counting! PM me or e-mail me at boonconburns@comcast.net anytime--I'd love to talk to you!

Connie

Connie - you are doing so well losing weight. What is a regular day of food look like for you? I am struggling to find the right balance food wise.

The second week in June sounds great to me. Do we want to meet at a restaurant or a park or at my house?

Dyna aka Michelle

Hey 2nd week of June sounds good to me. A restaurant would be good so we don't have to pack food around.

Hey Connie I was wondering what you are eating also. You have

great weight loss.

Hey Connie,

Thanks for the information. I will call Dr. Smith tomorrow. How long did it take him to schedule your surgery once you decided?

Michelle

Hey Connie,

How was the concert? much droolage? What a hottie!!

Hey guys--thanks so much! The concert was awesome!! Lots of droolage! The place was packed like sardines, though! Well, I don't know if my days are average or not--I mean I don't always eat the same things. Fro Breakfast I'll have either some eggbeaters with cheese, or a small bowl of Cereal, or a whole-grain waffle with Peanut Butter. lunch often is a Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers frozen meal that is just meat and veggies--I try to stay away from Pasta, potatoes, rice, and bread. Or a salad with some grilled chicken or turkey in it. Or, if I'm eating on the go, I like a small Wendy's chili. dinner is crazy because my daughter has something going on almost every night, so we are usually eating out. I try to stick with salads, or grilled chicken or fish and veggies. Last night dinner was a small steak at Applebee's and a few bites of broccoli. I am also working out almost every day, and have just started working with a personal trainer. She is kicking my butt for sure!!

Michelle in Pueblo--after your first consult with Dr. Smith, you have to see a dietician, and a psychologist--I actually had to go to the psychologist twice--then, after they get those reports back, it is about 3-4 weeks to schedule for surgery. And of course--the psychologist fees are seperate, and I had to pay for the actual report, too! But it all went pretty fast. Have you been to one of his seminars? That is a good place to start.

I think the second weekend in June should be fine--pick a restaurant and let me know--we could probably get one or two meals and split them and still have leftovers!. Hope everyone is having a good week!