Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

Mal, yes I do Water aerobics at the YMCA. My daughter takes swimming lessons at the same time as the water aerobics class, so it works out really well. I usually go twice a week, but right now she is playing volleyball too, and her practices are on the same night as the swimming lessons, so I get on the treadmill while she is at practice instead. I also go to LAdie's Workout Express 5 or 6 days a week. It is like Curves, with the 30 minute circuit, and I love it. It is not too hard on my knees, either. I do feel better, but I was really hoping for more of a change after losing this much weight--as far as the pain, I mean. There are still days where I am really in a lot of pain because of the arthritis, but Maybe after another 60 pounds it will feel better! Of course, arthritis never goes away, but I know the extra weight makes a huge difference on how your joints feel. I am so glad the storm tracked so far south--we got more down here than you did up there, but it still didn't amount to much, and yesterday was gorgeous! Today looks beautiful too!

Hi, Collector--

Yes, I live in Littleton. Had my surgery done in Mexico last week. Lap band surgery is just catching on here--I knew of only one person when I started looking into it. She had amazing success--100 lbs in 10 mos. Since joining in her excitement over the band and attending a support group, I now know many more folks who are loving their bands. Feel free to email me privately.

HEY DYNO AND MAL.

home from the hospital yesterday and feel great. Only taking liquid tylenol for pain, but not really having pain. Gas X to get the gas moving. Walked about half way down the block yesterday hope to go the full way today. I am taking a week of work just toget strength back. I was very scared also. Not sure what to expect. I got such great care. Not much pain or discomfort.

as far as what I collect. I am a bill collector. But I don't eat my young.

I have been in the business for 22 years and make a great living.

hope all is well with you guys and I will keep in touch.

Connie,

Your strength is soooo awesome! I hope to be able to follow in your footsteps. I love that you have been able to change your life sooo much, that is so very insipiring. I will be watching for updates and cheering you on!! Thanks!!

Thank you! It's hard for me to believe it myself sometimes. Do you listen to country music at all? Do you know who Chris Cagle is? He is going to be at the Grizzly Rose in a couple weeks, and I am coming up to see him--he is so hot! I am really looking forward to it. I have a couple friends in Denver that are going with me--I can't wait.

Hi Connie,

I listen to all music, but I am terrible with names of who sings what. I'll have to check him out...I am huge fan of live music!! I have heard of the Grizzly Rose, my son has a friend that is playing there in a couple weeks. You should have a great time! That reminds me, I almost bought a pair of pink cowboy boots yesterday, they were sooo cute!

Connie,

OMG!! I just googled Chris Cagel and Lordy..he is sooo hot!!! Now I am going to find some of his music....

Well - I walked the dogs around the neighborhood, it is like everything is waking up. I love spring. I am ready to go for tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who wished me well. I'll let you know how it goes. I think it will be great.

dede801 - what support group do you attend? I have read horror stories of people moaning and groaning. Not my style, but an upbeat support group is always helpful.

Collector - I am thrilled that you are doing so well. I am more in your age range, and I want to be walking and talking just like you. You are funny about the bill collecting! Glad it provides a living -

Bye all - tomorrow I'll be banded. Yeah!

Dynamomini,

Just want to send good wishes your way for a good day!!

Collector,

Hang in there and I have heard walking is great!

Hi everybody- here is another gal from Colorado.

Congrats to all of you for going the best way to a new life.

I'm in Thornton.

Was banded last year and I'm not loosing very fast since I had my foot in one of these darn boots for the last half year and had surgery on my wrist and have pins in it.

But otherwise- hurray, I did not gain one more pound from what I had lost before. That is my huge accomplishment!

Good luck to all of you. :clap2:

Carola

Hey Carola--Sorry to hear about your problems, but it is great that you have not gained!

Dynamomini--Good Luck tomorrow, I will be thinking about you!

Mal--maybe you should go to the show--I would love to meet you!

Hey,

collector here. Thinking maybe we should try to plan some kind of get

together for the Coloradoan's this summer. I live in Fort Collins but glad to travel south to Denver or Springs. I know for me it would be a great boost.

Collector

:clap2: Collector -

I think a summer get together would be really great. We can pick a central spot, a park, a restaurant, :hungry: whatever. Then get your vote in for daytime or night time, weekend, etc. Any great ideas? I think the more we support each other the more successful we'll be. Even if it is two of us or many it doesn't matter. What do people think? :heh:

I've been banded one week now -:)

I love my band, so far. I can take my medication without problems, and find a little bit of mushie fills me up for a while. Thanks Collector for getting the get-together idea. I'll be there.

Michelle

OK Dyno we will try to get everyone to respond and get some ideas. I am so glad you are doing well. I have been thinking about you alot. I will be banded 2 weeks on Friday. Back to work feeling a little weak but doing ok.

Post op visit tomorrow and really see how I am doing.:)

Hey Colorado!

I am here too! I live in Brighton and was banded almost 1 year ago and have lost 75 pounds so far. A get together sounds great!