Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

I am not. But I was banded in Colorado. There are quite a few people out there from Colorado, and maybe even a few more "honorary" members 'cause they were banded there.

I'm not from Colorado either but I will be there next month! Banding surgery scheduled for May 15th! :clap2:

DollyRose

Hi Collector!

I am from Colorado, I live in Centennial/SE Aurora. I have my Consult tomorrow with Dr. Kirshenbaum. Good luck to you on Friday and keep us posted on your progress!

Connie,

Looks like you are doing an amazing job...good for you!!! Do you have any advice? I have my surgery date set for May 18th. I am so afraid that I am going to cancel because I am afraid that I will fail!!! What has been the biggest challenge for you so far?

Your not alone in Colorado. I was banded in early Dec and have lost 22 lbs. Feeling good most the time but sure get bad heartburn!!!

:biggrin1:

Just wanted to let you know that the surgery wasn't as bad as I thought. Be sure to take at least a week off, so you have time to get back on your feet. Its easy to feel like you might fail because if your like me, I have failed a lot of times when it comes to my weight. I think this is the way to go.

Kathy

Hey Mal--I would say the biggest challenge so far has been overcoming that false sense of hunger in my mind--the one that says that because you are sitting watching a movie, you should be snacking, or the one that says when you go out to eat you have to get the most obnoxios thing on the menu. I have learned to eat healthy menu choices--salads, grilled chicken or fish, etc. I know that there are many people who eat whatever they did before surgery, just insmaller amounts, but for me, I have decided to make a total lifestyle change, and eat much healthier. I have also started exercising almost every day. I NEVER exercised before--but now I am totally addicted--even after having 4 knee surgeries--I have found a way to work through the pain, and it has definately paid off. Jhaust know that it is a definate life change, but you just have to set your mind to it, and it will be fine. Good luck everyone!

Hey - I am from Colorado! Dr. Kirshenbaum has a big following, however, many of his patients are from out of state. I have connected with a few other Denver area band or to be banded people. So Howdy to all of you! Wasn't it gorgeous today? So glad we didn't get the snow.

Collector - I hope your surgery went perfectly and you are up and running. I go in Monday! So let's keep in touch. I live in Greenwood Village, near the Denver Tech Center. I love Ft. Collins.

Hugs to you,

What do you collect?

HI Dynamomini!

Nice to see you here! Monday, the big day for you...you will be in my thoughts, let us know how you are doing. The weather is wonderful, I have Spring Fever sooo bad, I shopped all day yesterday. Spent way too much on lawn and garden treasures...I LOVE IT!!

Connie,

You are an inspiration, I hope to get my mind set as you have. Do you do Water excercises? (because of your knee surgeries). You must feel fantastic!

Collector,

Hope your recovery is going well, I wish I was on the other side already...anxiuos and nervous....May 18th...sooooo far away!