Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat pretty much anything :(

Okay, I'm at 7cc's in 10cc band, I have okay restriction but to be honest I thought there would be more restriction at this point. I have NEVER had a "stuck" episode ( and no I'm not complaining about that) I could pretty much stomach anything if I wanted, like bread, crackers, .... The sole purpose for me getting the band is I knew it would help me eliminate those awful carbs from my diet. I however have been following the low carb lifestyle but when I have a weak moment it's hard not to want that piece of bread. Anyone else able to eat bread with no problems?

Some bread I can eat, like toast, but give me a biscuit and I think I'm gonna die when it gets stuck...cause it always does..lol Rice, yelp gets stuck too....I've never thrown any of it back up, but it has me walking the floor with me rubbing my hurting chest wishing I hadn't eaten that bite...:) I'm at 5.5cc and I was expecting more...I just got another CC on Wednesday..I can tell a slight difference, but still expected more. Oh well maybe next fill :)

I can eat bread. I have to be careful and still eat small though.

If you're looking for the band to stop you from eating bread or carbs, that's not how the band works. The band helps you feel satisfied with smaller portions of food but it's quite easy to eat around the band with bread, rice, potatoes etc.

The band is not a restrictive tool like the sleeve. The sleeve literally will not allow you to eat more than 4-6 ozs since that's the size of your stomach. Adjusted properly, the band will allow you to eat one or two bites at a time before you get stuck. If it's not adjusted to the green zone yet, you will remain hungry and be able to eat more food.< /p>

Your lower stomach is still the size of a small cantaloupe but the pouch is only about 2 ozs. If you drink with meals and wash the carbs through, you can eat till the cows come home.

Are you looking for satiety signals like burping, runny nose, hiccups? Do you feel that food is sometimes unappealing? Those are the signals you need to look for. Full or food stoppage is not something you want.

tmf

I can eat bread. I have to be careful and still eat small though.

If you're looking for the band to stop you from eating bread or carbs, that's not how the band works. The band helps you feel satisfied with smaller portions of food but it's quite easy to eat around the band with bread, rice, potatoes etc.

The band is not a restrictive tool like the sleeve. The sleeve literally will not allow you to eat more than 4-6 ozs since that's the size of your stomach. Adjusted properly, the band will allow you to eat one or two bites at a time before you get stuck. If it's not adjusted to the green zone yet, you will remain hungry and be able to eat more food.< /p>

Your lower stomach is still the size of a small cantaloupe but the pouch is only about 2 ozs. If you drink with meals and wash the carbs through, you can eat till the cows come home.

Are you looking for satiety signals like burping, runny nose, hiccups? Do you feel that food is sometimes unappealing? Those are the signals you need to look for. Full or food stoppage is not something you want.

tmf

Thank you so much for your response,

A couple of my friends (that also have the band) told me it is very unusual that I am able to eat Ezekial bread. They said there is no way their band would allow them to process it. So of course it raised an eyebrow as to why I would be able to. I have been having consistent weight loss however I don't always full. I'm hoping with one more fill I might reach the green zone.

2muchfun, thanks for the satiety signals...nice to know what to look for....I need to work on the "I'm not hungry, but darn that was good and I'm gonna eat 2 more (ok maybe 3) bites...I know that's a learning/changing habit that I need to work on.....

I can eat bread. I don't eat it very often, but I can. Usually if the bread is soft I will definitely feel it going down, then hit my stoma and I almost instantly am half satisfied. This interferes with my Protein intake so I put the bread away though I do so dearly love it.

You are very lucky to have never had a stuck episode. I don't know if it's possible to get to the green zone without ever having one. I just know I've had several stuck episodes and I not quite to the green zone yet. Maybe if tmf sees this, he'll chime in?

Ezekial bread, yikes. Yeah, I had to stop eating that kind of bread. I used to eat the sprouted breads but they're a little too rough for me to get down and have been for quite a while. Be careful and keep getting those fills till you can go 4 hours without feeling hunger.

It's hard to fight that "It tastes so good, I want a little more" demon! I pay the price when I ignore that warning burp I get :)

I choose not to eat bread. I haven't really tried it since I was banded. But, I know if I do and it works for me then I'll be a goner...so I just don't. I don't really miss it.

I have accepted that the band isn't going to keep me from eating the "wrong things"...that is my job. It's job is to give me reminders along the way (burbs, hiccups...that "full feeling"). My band is doing it's job well, so it's easier for me to do mine.

Good luck!

It's hard to fight that "It tastes so good, I want a little more" demon! I pay the price when I ignore that warning burp I get :)

I choose not to eat bread. I haven't really tried it since I was banded. But, I know if I do and it works for me then I'll be a goner...so I just don't. I don't really miss it.

I have accepted that the band isn't going to keep me from eating the "wrong things"...that is my job. It's job is to give me reminders along the way (burbs, hiccups...that "full feeling"). My band is doing it's job well, so it's easier for me to do mine.

Good luck!

"You've learned your lessons well, grasshopper: See the way of life as a stream. A man floats, and his way is smooth. The same man turning upstream exhausts himself. To be one with the universe, each must find his true path and follow it." -Master Kan-Kung Fu

Sorry, I'm a Kung Fu geek :P

Edited by 2muchfun

I can eat whatever I want to, too.

This is the scene where will power and determination lead you to making the right food choices.

And...Action!

Thank you Band Master. This grasshopper has learned many lessons along the way and likes to share... (I call all of the people I train at work grasshoppers....love the reference!)

"You've learned your lessons well, grasshopper: See the way of life as a stream. A man floats, and his way is smooth. The same man turning upstream exhausts himself. To be one with the universe, each must find his true path and follow it." -Master Kan-Kung Fu Sorry, I'm a Kung Fu geek :P

bread for me is also a no no but like we have to try once awhile and ooops there goes stuff like a Tomato, had a peice of chess and peprione bread last night thought i was gonna bust. That be last of the bread now,