Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got complacent.. and I need to move forward!

See the journey through....you're not where you need to be, but thank goodness you're not where you used to be.....I mean 60 pounds is a nice chunk of weight. I would meet with the doctor again, maybe discuss getting a small fill, and GET BACK TO BASICS....,eat Protein, drink Water, exercise.... FINISH STRONG!!!! I did find your post encouraging to me in that you may not be losing, but you haven't gained.... Very encouraging to read this!

well...i have a small hiccup on my journey. Ive discovered that i have gall stones. Two at least a centimetre across.. and lots of small ones. So, im having surgery on teh 26th to have the gall bladder removed.. has anyone here experienced some discomfort under either the right bottom rib or the left? ive had periods of discomfort off an on for a long time now.... on both sides. Apparently the right side was the gall bladder... im not so sure about the left side. not the port exactly but around that area.... anyone else had these problems. ? sometimes the level has been 5-6 out of ten.

Usually the gall bladder is on the right and your spleen could be on the left. Have you had your appendix out? I had my gall bladder and appendix taken out many years ago in an emergency surgery. That's how I know where everything is located. I hope you are feeling better and that little hiccup won't stop you from continuing to be a success on your journey, good luck!

I had my gall bladder removed last month by same surgeon who did my Lapband. He told my husband after surgery that it was full of stones and surprised I did not get removed sooner. I did not even know I had gallstones until I went to ER on april27th at 4am as I woke up with pain under my ribs on right side that got worse and I begin vomiting. I had this attack a few weeks before but thought it was diverticulitis. Stayed home from work that time on a heating pad and was sore a fed days. Got it removed May 8th and all is good:) good luck to you !!

thank you for your encouraging comments... today i lost my mum. She passed on about 2pm.... im emotionally exhausted tonight but thankful for her and for the support of my family. What a blessing they have all been...... its less than two weeks now until i have the surgery. Im having the same surgeon take the gall bladder out as i had for the lapband surgery, which is the only way i wanted it......Will let you know how it all goes..... thank you everyone for your input. judy

Our hearts go out to you Judy. It's been 12 years since my Mom passed and I think of her every day.

So sorry for your loss, I wish you well.

Our hearts go out to you Judy. It's been 12 years since my Mom passed and I think of her every day.

Thank you so much, both of you. Its been difficult. Im still numb.. i appreciate you condolences... hugs for you ...judy

Well, I have been the doing the gym, at least five times a week. One hour on the treadmill, and a few machines. the treadmill is showing between 400 and 500 calories being burned.

Unfortunately the weight is at a plateau. I feel a lot better, have more energy, but the weight is not exactly falling off. I may have lost a few inches, but I still haven't made it to the next pants size down. It is a bit of a bummer! I may have lost four pounds at most. But, that is better than gaining.

I think I'll consider another fill in the Fall, after we get back from vacation. I'm also going to start taking a serious look at the carb to Protein ratios in my diet. The cards may be the clue.

I've read that lapbanders can expect to loss 40% to 50% of the weight they need to lose. I'm about 30 or 40 pounds away from that statistic.