Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must say I started this journey about four years ago. I started the process for gastric surgery then but ended up losing over 50 lbs on my own and thinking that I could do it all by myself so I dropped out. I then started it again about two years ago and the same thing happened. So I dropped out again. I dont seem to have a problem losing that first 50lbs but keeping it off is the issue. Everytime I gain the weight back I just feel worse. I hurt worse. My joints just are not made to carry this much weight! I have to admit that the first two times I was doing this all for the wrong reasons. Well, at least to for me it was the wrong reasons. I just wanted to be thinner and look better. I wasnt so much focused on the health portion.

Now, this last year I have really been working on myself. I have the best self esteem I have had in my adult life. I can look in the mirror and actually like who I am and what I see but the health thing is a concern. I really want to be able to run with my little girl and have no hold ups. That is more important to me and being there for her for life. So, now surgery is finally booked for April 16th and Im so nervous. I dont want to lose the new self esteem I have gained and not like what I see in the mirror! I know that it may just give me more self esteem but the fear of the opposite is consuming me. :( Is this normal to have so much doubt after your surgery is finally booked!?!?!

As far as I have read and although I had the lap-band, it is normal to have doubt's, but even though I am only 8 weeks post op...I am happy I made this choice. You will be too I promise...I so know my joints (knee replacements) only with 29lbs off of them feel better. I just need to get into the habit of exercising...then I know I will feel even better then. Hang in there and move forward with your decision, you'll feel so much better!!!

I have a friend that had the gastric sleeve and she looks wonderful!!! You will too!!!

Thank you Mikee! I think I just need to keep hearing it from support people and friends who have experienced it. :)

As far as I have read and although I had the lap-band, it is normal to have doubt's, but even though I am only 8 weeks post op...I am happy I made this choice. You will be too I promise...I so know my joints (knee replacements) only with 29lbs off of them feel better. I just need to get into the habit of exercising...then I know I will feel even better then. Hang in there and move forward with your decision, you'll feel so much better!!!

I have a friend that had the gastric sleeve and she looks wonderful!!! You will too!!!

I must say I started this journey about four years ago. I started the process for gastric surgery then but ended up losing over 50 lbs on my own and thinking that I could do it all by myself so I dropped out. I then started it again about two years ago and the same thing happened. So I dropped out again. I dont seem to have a problem losing that first 50lbs but keeping it off is the issue. Everytime I gain the weight back I just feel worse. I hurt worse. My joints just are not made to carry this much weight! I have to admit that the first two times I was doing this all for the wrong reasons. Well, at least to for me it was the wrong reasons. I just wanted to be thinner and look better. I wasnt so much focused on the health portion. Now, this last year I have really been working on myself. I have the best self esteem I have had in my adult life. I can look in the mirror and actually like who I am and what I see but the health thing is a concern. I really want to be able to run with my little girl and have no hold ups. That is more important to me and being there for her for life. So, now surgery is finally booked for April 16th and Im so nervous. I dont want to lose the new self esteem I have gained and not like what I see in the mirror! I know that it may just give me more self esteem but the fear of the opposite is consuming me. :( Is this normal to have so much doubt after your surgery is finally booked!?!?!

We have a pretty similar story. I started my journey 2 years ago and am now 3 days post op. April 16 will be here before you know it. To answer your question YES what you are feeling is totally normal. Today was my first day home from the hospital and I was terrified I was going to screw the whole thing up. Could I get enough Water in? Can I drink enough Protein? What if I blow this? I'm feeling almost consumed with doubt, but I know of all the success people have had and I keep reminding myself. If they can do it, I can do it. And I'm worth this battle to succeed! I'm here if you ever want to chat:)