Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday I went rogue....

and I drank my Water out of a straw. Best choice ever. Since surgery I have not reached my water goal, EVER. Yesterday I got in 32 oz. I felt amazing. I knew I was dehydrated, and now I know what it's like to at least be somewhat, kinda hydrated. Straws are my life now. #sorrynotsorry. I couldn't take another day not drinking.

You are my inspiration. I had some iced coffee through a straw with no problems. I am pretty sure I need a straw for maximum Water intake too! Gonna go for it.

I did the same at month 4! I NEEDED to get that Water in and could not do it without a straw! Make everything easier, including that morning Protein shake! Hail to the straw!

I'm in month 2, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I was starting to get pretty legit syncopel episodes when I would stand, no passing out, but almost and often. Until I see conclusive proof it is bad for me and damaging, I'm doing it. The effects and dangers of dehydration are too factual and too grave for me to care about some extra gas, which if I let the Water pool in my mouth first is few and far between.

My doctors don't really have much of a problem with it. I got the feeling that they feel obligated to give the "straw speech", but don't give it that much weight!

Thats how I felt too. It wasn't strickly forbidden, but def not encouraged. I just can't do the sipping. Ice Water through a straw is the only way I can really tolerate water.

It's so funny that you posted this! I am 1 month out, and was having a hard time getting my Water in. So what am I doing right now? Drinking my 2nd 16oz of Water through a straw! SO much easier for me too! I'll just have to wait and see how it makes me feel throughout the day. Before surgery, I ALWAYS used a straw. So whether this is just psychological or not, I am using my straws. We will all go rogue with you!

Bobbi, where in NJ are you? I used to live in Bloomingdale and grew up in Clifton (Passaic County)

I'm also a rebel straw user. It works well for me & I've had no issues. I carry my camelback bottle everywhere.

I need to invest in one of those, me and the boyfriend are planning disney vacays, and I do NOT want to pass out in the middle of a theme park.

The other day I got a venti ice Water from Starbucks. It wasn't until it was about 1/3 gone before I realized I had been drinking from the straw! I was freaking out. But I lived. I'm only two weeks out. No gas or anything afterward. But I agree, it's so much easier to get water in when you use a straw.

I've used a straw since day one! I was never told not too. I actually only drink from a straw and bought a 100 pack of bendy straws. No issues from using a straw.

Surprising, my Dr is usually strict, but encourages straw use if needed.

My drinks in the hospital all came with straws, and when they did my leak test, yep through a straw. I was never told no straw, just to take it slow until the swelling went down. I use a plastic cup from Disney, with Stitch on it and wouldn't give it up for anything. It makes me happy, and I get my Water in by using it. :)