Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

I was June 18 and in a two-week stall for a time there. Then, this past week we went to San Francisco for a family wedding. I walked A LOT more than I thought I would--5 miles around Fisherman's Wharf all told one day--averaged 3-4 miles the other days. Eating? I had little bites of appetizers or parts of things, stayed close to the Protein stuff--4 bites. I discovered I love S'bucks iced coffee, and generally tried to be good, but I'm not gonna lie, I had a couple of bites of wedding cake. So, I was good, but not perfect.

Got on the scale last last night when we got back from the airport. Gone 6 days. Down 3 pounds.

Maybe mixing it up a bit helps. Also, I was SO HAPPY to be in SF and at this wedding. My husband and I used to live there--so re-connecting with old friends and the family was fab. Just saying taking time out of THE DREADED STALL--focusing and fretting about that--to have some FUN probably didn't hurt.

Total down now--31 pounds.

I think I can officially say I will NEVER go above 200 again.

Sleeved 6/10, lost over 4 pounds last week to a low of 193. Total loss 37.

I have been having carby cravings and more times than not, losing the battle. Small losses but still not stuff that's on my approved list.

I was sleeved on June 14th. Everyone is telling me I look great and I'm just getting skinnier however, I've only lost 34 lbs and have been in a stall for 3 1/2 weeks. Not sure where I should be right now? I think I'm losing more in inches than lbs. Only getting in about 600-700 calories a day. Does anyone know if I am about on track?

I was sleeved on June 14th. Everyone is telling me I look great and I'm just getting skinnier however, I've only lost 34 lbs and have been in a stall for 3 1/2 weeks. Not sure where I should be right now? I think I'm losing more in inches than lbs. Only getting in about 600-700 calories a day. Does anyone know if I am about on track?

I read many times and experienced it myself. Eat more calories and you will probably get out of the stall. If you stay low for too long your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything. Maybe add another "meal" or higher cal items like avocados. If you are exercising consistently you will lose inches. Historically I would work out like a crazy lady, drop inches, look better, but not drop a single pound. Now finally with my sleeve I'm doing both. I average 3 pounds a week and to be honest I am not exercising. I eat 1000-1200 calories and day in 5-6 meals, 97% clean whole foods.

In the back of my mind I always remember what my nut said. I was chatting with her about my hunger levels and the number of times I eat a day 5-6. She asked "is it working", yes, then stick with it. So I remind myself if it's "working" (dropping weight) then stick with it, if not then I need to change.

My 2 cents

I agree with MommaCEO - I was in a stall for 2 1/2 weeks and it finally broke when I upped my calories. I only lost 1 pound this week but at least I am losing again.

Sleeved June 30. Down 44 lbs. ;) Happy Happy but its not easy learning to eat again. There are days when I'd like to just sit down and eat without making it a job. LOL

I find my hardest times dealing with food is when I am out to dinner with my girlfriends and they are eating delicious food, drinking wine, scarfing up the scrumptious dinner rolls, etc. I order a meal but am lucky to get in 4 bites before I am so full I actually hurt. I always go for the Protein, never eat the bread, and of course don't touch the wine. Boring! I have yet to head to the movies. I know the smell of popcorn will be pure torture for me!

I find my hardest times dealing with food is when I am out to dinner with my girlfriends and they are eating delicious food, drinking wine, scarfing up the scrumptious dinner rolls, etc. I order a meal but am lucky to get in 4 bites before I am so full I actually hurt. I always go for the Protein, never eat the bread, and of course don't touch the wine. Boring! I have yet to head to the movies. I know the smell of popcorn will be pure torture for me!

I feel the same way when I eat out. But I'm trying to change my focus with girlfriends by meeting them for a pedicure or at a bookstore instead of for dinner. I'm still struggling with weight loss. Despite my efforts losing more seems to be taking forever!! I also have indigestion still which is frustrating since I had a hiatal hernia fixed and hoped to be done taking meds for it. But overall I am still glad I did it. I get to taste good food and not worry about eating too much of it :-)

I too will say that I am glad I did the surgery. The adjustment to my 'new' life is exactly that... An adjustment. Part of my issue is that I have not told anyone about my surgery so focus on entertainment via food is likely not going to change with my group of friends. I am working through he foodie passions and will continue on my path to a new and healthy life. I know I can do this!

I too will say that I am glad I did the surgery. The adjustment to my 'new' life is exactly that... An adjustment. Part of my issue is that I have not told anyone about my surgery so focus on entertainment via food is likely not going to change with my group of friends. I am working through he foodie passions and will continue on my path to a new and healthy life. I know I can do this!

Yes I didn't tell anyone either. But they know I'm dieting (as usual right?). I'm a total foodie and love to cook too. I'm adjusting as well. Sometimes it's disappointing when something tastes so good but takes so much "work" to eat it. Or to just have 2-3 bites and not more. But I just need to get used to it right?

My date was 6/12/14 went in at 301pd now I'm 252pd

post-228300-0-55362100-1407552472_thumb.png after

[ATTACH]47159[/ATTACH]

post-228300-0-57465100-1407552447_thumb.png before

[ATTACH]47158[/ATTACH]

! I was depressed at first but now I'm dealing, I guess. Not at the point where I would say, 'this is the best thing I could have done'.

Edited by MsBeautyB4&After

I have lost 36lbs since surgery on 6/2 but it is very slow 1 lb a week if I am lucky-I eat around 600-800 calories a day so I am going to increase it as I do cycling and walking/running 5 times a week minimum.

I wouldn't change a thing though and I am happy I did the surgery-I have changed my life!

Now experiencing much more energy

I am able to eat 4oz of soft food really easily and I do not struggle-I do feel full at the end of my meal

I am still really enjoying softer foods because I forget to chew 30-40 times-so if I eat chicken it does get uncomfortable

The doctor said I was starving myself. I was so confused on what to eat. So my weight went down really fast. I don't like anything anymore. I only eat because my New stomach lets me know every hour!!!

So what are you eating?

This is my first post on this thread. I was sleeved June 25th. I am down a total of 27 lbs. I use my fitness pal, walk or ride my stationary bike, get my Water and Protein in per guidelines. So it's comforting to me, in a way, that I am not the only one losing so slowly. When I saw my surgeon for my three geek visit, he told me he wants me to be at 190 by my three month visit. If only! I'm at 211 today. I can't imagine losing 21 lbs in six weeks. One can only hope, I suppose.

I ate too fast and too much and now I am really unhappy! Argh. Note to self: do not do this again!!