Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

I had my sleeve on June 25th and I am down 23 pounds. I would really like to lose 3 more so that I can meet my short term goal of 199 by Wednesday because that is my birthday. I can't think of a better gift to give myself. Oh to see that 199 on a scale again would be an amazing birthday present!

I was sleeved 7/2 (after being postponed from 6/16). Between the pre-op diet -- which was interrupted by the postponement -- and post-op, I'm down 23 lbs. For 8 days now, I haven't lost an ounce. I'm relieved that many others seem to have this same problem, but I'm frustrated. I've worked so hard to eat real food (it would be so easy just to go back to living on liquid protein) but it seems my body doesn't lose weight on real food! I'm eating about 800 calories a day, up from about 500 when the plateau started and people suggested I eat a bit more. I think my diet is good, mainly Protein, fruits and veggies - no bread, no sweets -- but I've had a lot of trouble getting enough liquid in. Water still tastes really bad to me, but I hate the flavored waters and am very tired of Crystal Lite. Mostly drinking tea and chicken Soup or chicken soup flavored protein.

Although I know that ultimately the weight loss is about changing my head not my stomach, I had hoped for a longer "honeymoon" where the head game wasn't so front and center. Instead, I'm stressing about it and craving "forbidden" foods as an antidote to the frustration.

Advice and encouragement welcomed.

How much have people lose.

I was vsg 5/27 I'm down 27 lbs since surgery and 41 total. I wish it was more but I'm happy.

I'm so thankful for this site. I've learned so much, been encouraged and finally feel like I'm not the only one. It will get better for those of us losing more slowly. Keep the faith. I have a goal for my next doctors appointment. Thanks to everyones encouragement I got back in the walking trail this morning.....I also got the ketone strips to monitor my body in a different way. I tool measurements before I started walking.....about 5 weeks prior to surgery......plan to remeasure today, those numbers should really boost my confidence. My clothes are getting loser. And I went window shopping today, tried on the next size down and it fit........so instead of binging on Desserts like I used to when I felt down about my weight.....I treated myself to 75% off clearance at Maurice's.

I was sleeved 7/2 (after being postponed from 6/16). Between the pre-op diet -- which was interrupted by the postponement -- and post-op, I'm down 23 lbs. For 8 days now, I haven't lost an ounce. I'm relieved that many others seem to have this same problem, but I'm frustrated. I've worked so hard to eat real food (it would be so easy just to go back to living on liquid protein) but it seems my body doesn't lose weight on real food! I'm eating about 800 calories a day, up from about 500 when the plateau started and people suggested I eat a bit more. I think my diet is good, mainly Protein, fruits and veggies - no bread, no sweets -- but I've had a lot of trouble getting enough liquid in. Water still tastes really bad to me, but I hate the flavored waters and am very tired of Crystal Lite. Mostly drinking tea and chicken Soup or chicken soup flavored protein. Although I know that ultimately the weight loss is about changing my head not my stomach, I had hoped for a longer "honeymoon" where the head game wasn't so front and center. Instead, I'm stressing about it and craving "forbidden" foods as an antidote to the frustration. Advice and encouragement welcomed.

I was sleeved June 24th. Until today, I went 16 days without losing an ounce. It is completely normal. My dear friend went 3 months before me and warned it would happen. Until about a week and a half ago, I had much water nausea. Couldn't even get 16 ounces in. I too can't do the flavored but one that was pretty good was skinny girl white cherry and NOT much of it in room temp water. Good luck!

That's the range I'm in too and I was sleeved on 6/18. My weight has been stalled for almost 2 weeks now. So frustrating!

Sleeved 6/24. Went 16 days with no loss. Then today, 5 pounds. This is supposed to happen! Don't worry! Intake for me is low: shake 30 grams for Breakfast. Water only at 40 oz but about 2 sugar free Blue Bell Popsicles a day. dinner one scrambled egg with pesto. snack cottage cheese. Snack minimal Greek yogurt.

me too!! I was sleeved on 6/18/2014 and this is exactly my same story. I am very frustrated too. I guess we just have to keep hoping it will end soon.

I am at the point that I think this is where I am going to stay. I am past two weeks of stalled weight loss and still nothing! Weigh the same every single darn day! Maybe 198 is my set point at that is is for me. No matter how little or much I eat.... Still at 198! Low carb, good Protein, walk over 10,000 steps each day, drinking required water..... Etc etc etc. So depressed and frustrated. Only lost 28 lbs total so far and 6 of that was preop!

I am at the point that I think this is where I am going to stay. I am past two weeks of stalled weight loss and still nothing! Weigh the same every single darn day! Maybe 198 is my set point at that is is for me. No matter how little or much I eat.... Still at 198! Low carb, good Protein, walk over 10,000 steps each day, drinking required water..... Etc etc etc. So depressed and frustrated. Only lost 28 lbs total so far and 6 of that was preop!

Have your tracked your total calories and total protein. As weird as it sounds you should eat more. Try to get to at least 1200. Our nut mentioned that if you have too few your body will go into starvation mode and a stall will happen. I am same as you 197.2, surgery weight was 218, before 230. I've slowed but so far still losing. Only 1 stall (not really) at 207 for 4 days.

I range about 900-1100 calories with 60-90g protein. I eat 5-6 times a day. I don't use Protein Powder.

Have your tracked your total calories and total Protein. As weird as it sounds you should eat more. Try to get to at least 1200. Our nut mentioned that if you have too few your body will go into starvation mode and a stall will happen. I am same as you 197.2, surgery weight was 218, before 230. I've slowed but so far still losing. Only 1 stall (not really) at 207 for 4 days.

I range about 900-1100 calories with 60-90g protein. I eat 5-6 times a day. I don't use protein powder.< /p>

How do you get in that many calories? I can only get in about 600-700 a day. I was sleeved 6/17, and can only eat 2 or 3 times a day.

Have your tracked your total calories and total Protein. As weird as it sounds you should eat more. Try to get to at least 1200. Our nut mentioned that if you have too few your body will go into starvation mode and a stall will happen. I am same as you 197.2, surgery weight was 218, before 230. I've slowed but so far still losing. Only 1 stall (not really) at 207 for 4 days. I range about 900-1100 calories with 60-90g protein. I eat 5-6 times a day. I don't use protein powder.

I honestly do not track... That may be my issue.

Today: 1 egg with 1/2 slice of Dave's Killer whole wheat toast ( dry with no butter)

Small container Greek yogurt with 4oz skim milk with 4 slices of peach, and handful of spinach leaves = blended smoothie

1 chicken thigh with 2oz mashed potato and gravy

2oz pork roast

Not sure if I am eating too much or not enough. Of course drinking all my Water and taking my Vitamins, Calcium, and B12 shots.

Typical day - varies

Fage yorgurt 1 cup with a bit of agave

Egg witH avocado and cheese - 1-2 eggs depending on appetite

Refried Beans with canned chicken and cheese

Raw ahi tuna and avocado (not typical, out to dinner)

Peanut Butter

I get hungry and I was eating 6-7 times a day, talked to nut and we decided to limit to max 6

We also talked about if it's working (weight dropping) them stick with it, if not then I need to change

I honestly do not track... That may be my issue. Today: 1 egg with 1/2 slice of Dave's Killer whole wheat toast ( dry with no butter) Small container Greek yogurt with 4oz skim milk with 4 slices of peach, and handful of spinach leaves = blended smoothie 1 chicken thigh with 2oz mashed potato and gravy 2oz pork roast Not sure if I am eating too much or not enough. Of course drinking all my Water and taking my Vitamins, Calcium, and B12 shots.

Honestly that's a lots of carbs compared to my dr.s plan. We don't add starchy carbs (bread or potatoes) until about 6 months out. We just added fruits and milk and it's only 1 serving a day. I'd roughly say you are about 700 calories or less. It might be too little. I am supposed to have fat with eat meal coming from either oil, avos, or mayo. That will bump up your calories

Honestly that's a lots of carbs compared to my dr.s plan. We don't add starchy carbs (bread or potatoes) until about 6 months out. We just added fruits and milk and it's only 1 serving a day. I'd roughly say you are about 700 calories or less. It might be too little. I am supposed to have fat with eat meal coming from either oil, avos, or mayo. That will bump up your calories

Really? 1/2 slice of toast = 4 1/2 grams of carbs and 2oz potatoes cannot be much either. So you have absolutely no carbs until 6 months? Well, that may be the issue then. I will discuss with my NUT after I track my food for a week. That will help me get on the right track.