Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

tiffnichole76 Thanks! I am starting back to work on Monday too. I work nights 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. I have been trying to stay up all night, but it has been hard and sleeping in the day has been 3 to 4 hours, wake up, go back to sleep for about 3 hours. I need to start walking. I work from home as a medical transcriptionist (may have told you that before). So, at least if I have trouble staying awake I can take a nap. I am also adjusting to using a CPAP machine. Hoping all will stabilize soon.

Janet,

I've seen others post about not getting s complete nights rest as well. I wander what that is all about. Also, I used to love to have the air conditioning on a low setting. Even with is at 78° now I'm bundled up under the covers during the day. My poor kiddos just stare at me and say Mom its blazing hot in here and your cool? Have you noticed any changes like that?

Good luck getting back to work! I manage a retail clothing store so I usually work 9-10 per day on my feet for at least 8 of those hours. My post op app isn't until Saturday 12th as my doctor is from Dallas and has a weekend practice here so until I e been seen by him I think I'll take it slow but I am excited to get back to doing something.

My youngest daughter was manager of an Abercrombie and Fitch for years (first in Midland, TX and then Buffalo, NY) until she quit after her first baby last year. That is hard work! I admire anyone who can do it. I became cold natured suddenly about 7 years ago. But, while I was in the hospital they set my thermostat on 75 and I was shaking. I usually keep it at 76 to 78 and still am chilly from time to time. Don't know what started it. Before that, I froze everyone! Do you have follow up lab scheduled for your appt? Always good to make sure you aren't anemic. I'm calling it a day. I hope you have a good one!

Good idea about the followup labs. I'll share it all with my do for and let him decide. Well, have a good one. Gonna snooze about 30 minutes before going walking. Have a great 4th of July holiday weekend.

I went back to work yesterday. I work a busy desk job so I thought I "what the heck, I'm sitting, so how bad could it be". I actually worked a longer day than usual trying to catch up and when I got home, I realized how exhausted I was. I ate my dinner, had a cup of coffee and I basically passed out on my couch and slept from 8 pm to 6:30 this morning! I Never sleep like that! I think that even though many of us feel great we have to keep in mind that our bodies and minds have just been through a trauma and we should give ourselves enough time to get our strength back. In addition, we no longer are fueled the same way (thankfully!) so for awhile we may have limitations in our ability to function at full speed.

marcycw1955 I hear you. I have started calling myself an "every other dayer" because Monday I went strong, Tuesday rested all day, Wednesday went strong, Thursday rested all day, today - Friday I have already been to Walmart. I predict tomorrow I will rest. LOL! I do feel so well that I am shocked when all of a sudden it's time to "settle down." Happy 4th!

Janet, I've seen others post about not getting s complete nights rest as well. I wander what that is all about. Also, I used to love to have the air conditioning on a low setting. Even with is at 78° now I'm bundled up under the covers during the day. My poor kiddos just stare at me and say Mom its blazing hot in here and your cool? Have you noticed any changes like that? Good luck getting back to work! I manage a retail clothing store so I usually work 9-10 per day on my feet for at least 8 of those hours. My post op app isn't until Saturday 12th as my doctor is from Dallas and has a weekend practice here so until I e been seen by him I think I'll take it slow but I am excited to get back to doing something.

I've noticed that since my surgery, I too get cold a lot easier. My boyfriend says I'm weird because it's been in the 80s and 90s here this past week and I feel cold almost all the time.

HW 247

CW 222

SD 6/4/14

Down another 2. Finally. Geez I was getting disgusted. 27 total.

My ribs are sore this morning. Wonder what's up with that? I didn't do a thing yesterday. Slept only 6 hours last night.

SW/HW 307

Surgery 287

CW 270

I had a 2 week stall but the scale finally moved this morning! Yeah - 37 lbs down! 3 1/2 weeks from surgery - my energy level is fantastic. I'm getting my Water and Protein and feeling great. In fact, I went zip lining and white Water rafting last weekend with my kids. This is why I had surgery. :)

Great job to everyone out there working hard to get past the tough spots.

Janet, I've seen others post about not getting s complete nights rest as well. I wander what that is all about. Also, I used to love to have the air conditioning on a low setting. Even with is at 78° now I'm bundled up under the covers during the day. My poor kiddos just stare at me and say Mom its blazing hot in here and your cool? Have you noticed any changes like that? Good luck getting back to work! I manage a retail clothing store so I usually work 9-10 per day on my feet for at least 8 of those hours. My post op app isn't until Saturday 12th as my doctor is from Dallas and has a weekend practice here so until I e been seen by him I think I'll take it slow but I am excited to get back to doing something.

I'm right there 2 weeks out and still not getting a full nights sleep. I'm exhausted in the afternoon as I'm back to work full time this week so you would think I could sleep thru the night. Can't wait for that to get back to normal. I'm the opposite since surgery I'm hot and before used to always be cold.

Stacey, I feel ya on the sleep thing but I get it in when I can. I finally got back up tomy 5 miles this morning on the walking trail. I'm so proud and was thrilled ....came home and passed out on the couch for the last 3 and half hours. Ha!! Oh well, I'm back!! I will try to keep this schedule and work 2-6pm then come home and nap again. My schedule might staff a little different for the first month post surgery but I'll manage. I haven't even tasted a Protein Shake since Sunday or Monday. Not drinking nearly as much liquid as I should but I intend to fix that by next week. Also I notice people posting about Hair loss around 3-3.5 months so I'm gonna step up Protein and Vitamins asap.

Stacey, I feel ya on the sleep thing but I get it in when I can. I finally got back up tomy 5 miles this morning on the walking trail. I'm so proud and was thrilled ....came home and passed out on the couch for the last 3 and half hours. Ha!! Oh well, I'm back!! I will try to keep this schedule and work 2-6pm then come home and nap again. My schedule might staff a little different for the first month post surgery but I'll manage. I haven't even tasted a Protein Shake since Sunday or Monday. Not drinking nearly as much liquid as I should but I intend to fix that by next week. Also I notice people posting about Hair loss around 3-3.5 months so I'm gonna step up Protein and Vitamins asap.

way to go on your 5 miles. I'm slowly adding up my walking. I also try to nap when I get home from work but then I also try to hold out in hopes to sleep thru the night. Haha we will get it worked out one day soon. I have been struggling with my Protein Shakes they all are now to sweet for me. And to think I had the worlds biggest sweet tooth before surgery. I have found the Unjury chocolate splendor to be the one I can get down the best. My Dr moved up my protein intake from 40-60 grams to 70-90 so real struggle now. He also wants me to get in 1000 calories which is so hard when you don't eat a lot. At least in soft foods as eggs, deli lunch meat, tuna, cheese so I can get a little more protein there as well. For hair loss I had some before because of the lapband but not bad. My dr has me now starting all my vitamins since I'm 2 weeks out so hopefully I don't loss any.

Stacey,

I think your into something. I was such a sweet tooth person before surgery and now they're just yucky! I guess I'll try to blend some and add other stuff. I'm still in the creamy Soup and liquid stage til next Wednesday when I progress to soft stuff. I read someone say they ate refriend been cheese and avocado. I've been dreaming about trying that and adding some canned chicken and salsa. Ha!! Such a foodie guess that'll never go away. I eat about 3 teaspoons of Soup and I'm full. I can only drink maybe a fourth of a bottle of Water at a time and I don't want anymore so I just sip. I guess it'll get better but the best part is not craving food or thinking about it much at all. Finally the hungry lion that used to live inside my tummy is gone. :)

Stacey, I think your into something. I was such a sweet tooth person before surgery and now they're just yucky! I guess I'll try to blend some and add other stuff. I'm still in the creamy Soup and liquid stage til next Wednesday when I progress to soft stuff. I read someone say they ate refriend been cheese and avocado. I've been dreaming about trying that and adding some canned chicken and salsa. Ha!! Such a foodie guess that'll never go away. I eat about 3 teaspoons of soup and I'm full. I can only drink maybe a fourth of a bottle of Water at a time and I don't want anymore so I just sip. I guess it'll get better but the best part is not craving food or thinking about it much at all. Finally the hungry lion that used to live inside my tummy is gone. :)

oh it was so good to chew food this week. It can take me between 30 min to an hour to eat a scrambled egg and a slice of lunch meat. I saw the refried Beans also and plan to get some and try it also and man avocado sounds so good right now. I don't feel hungry at all so having to force myself to eat has been he hardest part.

I wish I shared your "not hungry" problem!! I'm starving!!! But of course, I'm full two seconds after I start eating :) I started sneaking in some soft foods even though I'm not supposed to until Sunday. I'm not gonna lie- best thing I ever did! I just need a few bites of something to mentally get through the rest of the Protein Shake phase! Congrats everybody on your losses!