Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you pick up KFC? ...Um what?

I am 2 weeks 3 days post op. Lost 17 lbs so far. Started going to the gym everyday since last week Wednesday but haven't really lost anything since I started working out. (Hmm??) I am a little frustrated right now but that is another story. I went to the gym for workout again today. While at the gym I get a text from the hubby. "Can you pick up KFC on your way home for dinner? " Ummm what?? Seriously? WTH!! Never went through a drive thru and picked up food and didn't get to eat it didn't eat it. The car ride home was torture. It smelled so good. But I kept repeating to myself "I am strong I am strong"

My husband brought home pizza my first day home. It was hard. I went and took a shower and didn't come back til it was all cleaned up. Tough. I hear ya! We are strong!

I can relate. A commercial for fish sandwiches at Wendy's was just on television and my husband just turned to me and said. I think I'll go get us some fish sandwiches for supper. You can eat fish now, right? Seriously? He wants me to eat a fried fish sandwich. Totally clueless. I told him to go right ahead. I had my supper taken care of. Geez, these men have the mentality of a 12 year old sometimes. Oh, and I should add that my husband has high BP, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart problems. He's over weight and totally out of shape. WTH?????

Good for you for picking it up. My husband does not want to eat in front of me sometimes (I am only 11 days out) and I remind him that this is now the real world for me and to go ahead and eat. The sooner I get used to what my family and friends eat, the better for me.

There is a commercial for some grilled fish sand which I keep seeing and it's making me hungry!!!!! I can't wait to eat crab, fish, shrimp! I don't watch much TV but I've watched plenty during the last few days. I've never seen so many food commercials!

You were strong. Good for you.

I'm in my third month+. I'm not too far ahead of you, but...I actually HAD some KFC original wings the other day. But instead of eating the seven, I only ate two wings; didn't eat much of the fatty parts of skin, just some of the crispy skin, and I was full. I froze the rest. I just wanted a taste.

With the sleeve, you can have whatever (if you choose to try this or that), but you can't eat much of it. Cool.

But don't rush your stomach's healing.

Edited by Dr-Patient

My boyfriend has brought fast food home and eaten it in front of me a few times now, even when I've asked him not to. I told him it was the equivalent of smoking crack in front of a newly clean ex-crack addict. Just because he can doesn't mean he should. Makes it super hard!

Every time I go to my parents house to visit (which is frequent since they are elderly and I am the one checking on them regularly) I have to pass the fresh baked home recipe oatmeal raisin Cookies. My dad makes them with extra raisins and walnuts. He also uses all brown sugar in the recipe (talk about keep one regular, one of these a day works for my mother!) I resist the temptation "most of the time". Last week I gave in and ate one. Then I experienced dumping syndrome and now I can resist them. Racing heart, sweating, feeling of pending death will keep me away from the Cookies.< /p>

Good for you for picking it up. My husband does not want to eat in front of me sometimes (I am only 11 days out) and I remind him that this is now the real world for me and to go ahead and eat. The sooner I get used to what my family and friends eat, the better for me.

You're right... We all have to live in the real world. You can't get pissed at everyone else eating normally around you. This is our choice and our new lifestyle, not theirs. Last night was my first major postop public appearance. I was at a chili Cookoff where the old me would have stuffed herself on beer and chili. Instead, I had a friend screen the chilis for me and I had one bite each of the three she deemed the best. I turned down several offers of "let me buy you a beer". Afterwards went to a friends house for cocktails. Everyone else was downing mixed drinks and despite the peer pressure, I stuck with my propel zero....it really wasn't that hard. A couple people were disappointed with my lack of "partying", but I hold no grudges against anyone. They just aren't used to the new me yet. Others expressed their congratulations and even admitted they were a little jealous of my success. And it made it all worth it to feel so comfortable in public, and not feel like the fattest girl in the room.

I can relate. A commercial for fish sandwiches at Wendy's was just on television and my husband just turned to me and said. I think I'll go get us some fish sandwiches for supper. You can eat fish now, right? Seriously? He wants me to eat a fried fish sandwich. Totally clueless. I told him to go right ahead. I had my supper taken care of. Geez, these men have the mentality of a 12 year old sometimes. Oh, and I should add that my husband has high BP, diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart problems. He's over weight and totally out of shape. WTH?????

I can totally relate!! My husband is in the same health condition (but no diabetes). He eats total crap!! I hope his lightbulb moment comes soon!!

I relate to what you are saying.The day of my surgery at dinner my husband ordered pizza, I didn't care it didn't even smell good to me. Before my sleeve I would have been furious at him for getting a pizza and eating it in front of me when I couldn't have any.I am 7 1/2 mos out I have gone from. 242on day of surgery,to 181 lbs. It didn't bother me when I was on the dreaded liquid diet when family ate,I would fix my broth or eat a sf pudding or ate a sf Jello, I didn't feel left out.Now I eat what ever I want, my down fall has always been sweets. After my sleeve that changed I didn't want them and if I tasted something that I loved to eat it would taste horrible and I had to spit it out. When I want something sweet I make a cloudless Peanut Butter cookie. They are really pretty good.2 cups peanut butter, 2eggs, 1/2 c trivia baking sugar,1/2 c spendaBrown sugar,1tsp vanilla, mix well drop by spoonful on cookie sheet and bake in a 350 oven.

I am sorry but I need to make a clarification on the Peanut Butter cookie recipe it it flourless.

I am sorry but I need to make a clarification on the Peanut Butter cookie recipe it it flourless.

I'm lucky in the sense my hubby is super supportive and starting my pre op diet with me tomorrow! I'm doing two shakes and one meal. He is taking the shakes to work. What he eats or don't eat at work I have no idea, but as far as I know he will do it haha. I have a 3 day liquid diet pre op and do not expect him to do that haha. I do however expect him to stay on track with healthier eating habits and commit to changing our lifestyle as a family. He is by no means over weight but we want to be healthy for our kids.