Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on March 11th. I will admit that the day of my surgery and the following day were tougher than I thought they would be pain wise. I felt nauseous those two days as well, but thankfully I never vomited. My surgeon refers to the day after your surgery as hump day and he was right. By Wednesday evening in the hospital I was feeling much better. I was released on Thursday afternoon. My journey so far has been unremarkable. I am still trying to learn what being "satisfied" is. I don't want to eat to the point of feeling ill so I'm trying to listen to my body. All in all it has been a positive experience. I am resting and taking it slow at home. I am scheduled to return to work on March 25th. I am looking forward to sharing my journey along with the rest of you.

Welcome to the forum Annabelle, and congrats on your surgery!

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on March 11th. I will admit that the day of my surgery and the following day were tougher than I thought they would be pain wise. I felt nauseous those two days as well, but thankfully I never vomited. My surgeon refers to the day after your surgery as hump day and he was right. By Wednesday evening in the hospital I was feeling much better. I was released on Thursday afternoon. My journey so far has been unremarkable. I am still trying to learn what being "satisfied" is. I don't want to eat to the point of feeling ill so I'm trying to listen to my body. All in all it has been a positive experience. I am resting and taking it slow at home. I am scheduled to return to work on March 25th. I am looking forward to sharing my journey along with the rest of you.

I had mine on the 13th. I'm finding it very hard to get to Fluid or Protein goals. I feel fill but I also feel hungry. It's weird! Had the same feeling with nausea in the hospital. Much better after anesthesia wore off. Taking it slow. Fair amount of pain right now. Tried not to take any pain meds but caved at 3:30 today because I was just miserable. Can't decide if my tummy is full or distended. I'm sipping and sipping and sipping. Very monotonous! I can go to puréed but I'm too hesitant. I want yo wait til Wed for puréed. Rest is good. I'm so thankful not to have to go straight back to work.

I too had surgery on the 11th. I could have wrote the exact paragraph as Annabelle628. I did vomit though on Tuesday night and it was an awful experience. So painful and the nausea stayed until Thursday.

After getting through the first two days anything is better now.

I am getting 50-60 0z of liquids, which include chicken broth, Crystal Lite, SF Jell-O, sugar free Popsicles. I am have one Protein shake a day, about 4 oz of Premier Protein. All of this is taken in very small sips, no gulps. I have been taken liquid and crushed supplements already, which I believe has helped in my recovery. I have had sores in my mouth today. I think it is from either the liquid hydro codeine, liquid Iron or crystal lite. Maybe a little concentrated. When I had my Protein Shake, my mouth felt better.

Down 5 lbs, but still very swollen all over stomach area

Walking gets rid of the gas pains, which is minimal. Overall, ready to get my lifelong routine started soon.

Good Luck to all! It gets better after day one and two. Hang in there!

I had the sleeve done on March 13, I have thrown up because the Jello got stuck. what a horrible feeling, I am already sick to death of broth. I am still hungry. I am also still very swollen. My gas pains in my shoulder are still with me and they were terrible. Looking forward to week 2

I thought I was feeling hungry too. It seems to have subsided today. I think because my stomach is grumbling my mind thinks I'm hungry.

I was also sleeved on the 13th i cried yesterday because i sipped and only got about half a Protein Shake 2 bites of Jello and some sips of g2 all within a day! I coughed really hard today which was super painful.. Had the same nausea feeling in the hospital but didnt throw up im down 3 pds since leaving the hospital on Friday.. I am just ready to get to have some foods again and be able to know my full it gets frustrating but i am thankful for the journey cus i know it will be well worth it! Good luck everyone

Hi!

I was sleeved on March 11th also. I did very well the 2 days after but fell to pieces for 3 days with gas! I cried and cried. I tried everything. Finally I had a BM and I'm feeling great. I'm doing better with this surgery than my LapBand.

Good luck to everyone!

Jody from Jersey

How's all March 11th sleevers feeling now? I feel great. I hope you are too!

I was sleeved on the 12th and for the most part have been doing well... I feel pain under my belly button. Not a constant pain but little stabs of pain here and there... Anyone else feel this?

Me on the 13th. But my pain is up higher, under my diaphragm.