Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyine try baby food during pureeds?

I am wondering if baby foods (fruits mostly) would be ok during pureed stage? I wouldn't dare to eat the meats (blech!). But my list says "boiled, puréed fruits like applesauce". I remember my babies eating some pretty tasty fruit combinations when they were tiny. Would these be ok? Too much sugars? Anyone else try them during this stage?

Yes I was told it was fine just make sure its no sugar added, look at the label and if there is no sugar, glucose, fructose added then its fine should only be the fruits as ingredient. There will be some sugar but it is the natural sugar from the fruit and that's fine. I also add sugar free jams or jelly to my yogurt or cottage cheese. Baby applesauce in the squeeze pouch comes in mixed flavors I got some that was apple/ grape and apple/peach they had many flavors to choose from.. Good luck hope this helped.

Hi! I had surgery 3/10 and started pureeds on Saturday and struggling. I went to store and looked at baby foods. The fruits had sugars and no Proteins. So I actually (I won't again) bought Gerbers turkey and gravy. I chocked down three bites. Any ideas how to make food with proteins puréed taste good I am all for!

I had planned to try babyfoods during the puree stage but when it came time I found that pureed foods were not as bad as I thought they would be.

pureed chicken, tuna, hardboiled eggs, with a little fat free mayo is actually pretty good. Even now I still use the food processor to mix them up for some meals. Not completely to the puree stage but pretty close.

I had fun during the pureed stage. I got a lot of cans and pouches of things like chicken, turkey, salmon, and those flavored tunas. I would puree them with a tasty sauce, then warm them up in the microwave with some cheese melted on top. They tasted really good! You just have to experiment with stuff that sounds good to you. Some of my favorites:

--chicken with low cal BBQ Sauce and cheddar cheese

--thai spice tuna with Sriracha sauce and blue cheese

--turkey with peanut satay sauce and jack cheese

--shrimp with cocktail sauce

--chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese

--lemon dill salmon with tartar sauce and swiss cheese

--shrimp with garlic basil sauce and pecorino cheese

Everything I used was straight out of a can, pouch, or bottle, except the garlic basil sauce which was super easy to make.

Hi when I was on pureed foods I did buy a few baby food fruits. Since I couldn't stomach the applesauce. My Dr. Said they were ok, as long as the sugar wasn't too high, but told me I shouldn't eat them after the pureed stage. I stayed mostly on liquids during the pureed stage (except for the occasional tuna or chicken salad). I am a texture person. I can't stand mushy foods :wacko: . Good luck on your journey.

I am wondering if baby foods (fruits mostly) would be ok during pureed stage? I wouldn't dare to eat the meats (blech!). But my list says "boiled, puréed fruits like applesauce". I remember my babies eating some pretty tasty fruit combinations when they were tiny. Would these be ok? Too much sugars? Anyone else try them during this stage?

Hi I did try baby food (fruit) only. Eh, it was OK. However, I seemed to enjoy apple sauce and would mix in some unflavored Protein Powder with it. Or I would have some cottage cheese or yogurt with it. Small amounts of course. I was never worried too much about the sugar content as the amount I was eating was so small... This might sound gross but it worked for me. I would get sugar free pudding and Peanut Butter and mix those together. Made sure I was getting in some Protein with the peanut butter. Again, not real worried about the fat content either .. As I was eating such small amounts. Good stuff!! ( Please make sure these items are on your Dr.'s list of foods to eat) every Dr. Is different... Best Wishes Tina