Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would like to connect with others in Georgia on this WLS journey. I have UHC and they require the hospital be a 5 star center of excellence and in my area that's only 2 hospitals. I absolutely love my surgeon thank goodness but the hospital in my opinion can use a major face lift. Credential wise I have no concern about the hospital just wish it was more pleasing to the eye with a bariatric floor. Several fellow Sleevers hospital of choice had a bariatric floor which I thought was awesome! At my hospital no bariatric floor and no complimentary Bari Bear LOL but I'm ordering mines on line.

Where are you having surgery?

Who's your surgeon?

How have your experience been thus far?

Hi,,,, I wish you good health on your journey,,,,, I had my surgery in NYC and all went well,,,,,(surgery was in July 2013)....I have already lost 125 pounds...almost at my goal weight..... however, approx. two months ago--I developed severe and intractable Pain in my feet.....the ER doctors gave me gababentin...a form of neurontin.... it has not helped with the terrible pain....I am now trying lyrica to see if that helps...... in the reading that I have done.....some people do infact, develop PN after bariatric surgery.... a small percentage.....that I was never told about..... at this juncture, my primary care doctor is trying to help so that I could find relief.....anyone ever have this issue ? Thanks......

I have UHC also and i went to Emory johns creek (very nice). Dr. Michael Williams (very satisfied with his work). No complications no issues and down 41 pounds ( surgery on 1/23/14)

Hi,,,, I wish you good health on your journey,,,,, I had my surgery in NYC and all went well,,,,,(surgery was in July 2013)....I have already lost 125 pounds...almost at my goal weight..... however, approx. two months ago--I developed severe and intractable Pain in my feet.....the ER doctors gave me gababentin...a form of neurontin.... it has not helped with the terrible pain....I am now trying lyrica to see if that helps...... in the reading that I have done.....some people do infact, develop PN after bariatric surgery.... a small percentage.....that I was never told about..... at this juncture, my primary care doctor is trying to help so that I could find relief.....anyone ever have this issue ? Thanks......

So sorry to hear ur having pain. What does PN stand for? Is the medication they prescribed helping with the pain? I hope it gets better soon.

I have UHC also and i went to Emory johns creek (very nice). Dr. Michael Williams (very satisfied with his work). No complications no issues and down 41 pounds ( surgery on 1/23/14)

Hey u!! Ur doing very well.

Hi..... PN stands for Peripheral Neuropathy......my feet have terrible pain and my hands feel odd.... the medication that the doctor gave me did not help to alleviate any of the symptoms.... I also just started using a topical cream and lyrica.....no relief yet.....I am searching for answers and reading journals from different major medical centers......anyone ever experience this ? Thanks....wishing you all good health and every success....

I also have UHC <br> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.northsidebariatrics.com'>http://www.northsidebariatrics.com</a><br> Dr. Paul Macik is just the best Dr ever!!! He is not a big talker but he will answer any and all questions. I had my surgery at north side hospital they were so great with me. I hope this helps some.

Dana I'm glad all went well. My daughter and I r having surgery the same day. We interviewed Dr Macik as a potential surgeon since his program fee was only $250 compared to our current surgeon fee of $600 but decided on our current surgeon. Another gentleman was in the waiting area signing in after we did and he was very pleased with Dr Macik as well.

Hi..... PN stands for Peripheral Neuropathy......my feet have terrible pain and my hands feel odd.... the medication that the doctor gave me did not help to alleviate any of the symptoms.... I also just started using a topical cream and lyrica.....no relief yet.....I am searching for answers and reading journals from different major medical centers......anyone ever experience this ? Thanks....wishing you all good health and every success....

Thank you for sharing. I am always filled to the brim with joy reading everyone's success stories and I am constantly sharing the info with my hubby. Well he said to me all this is great dig around and show me some of the complications people are having postoperatively. It seems there isn't a ton of complications but as with any surgery people are and have complications. Some minor others life altering. I find Im using that info to be informed but I must admit it scares the bageezies out of me at times but I'm trusting in God that I'm going to be just fine.

Hi..I wish you well and every success in your journey.....I had my surgery at a well known NYC hospital with great results......however, after losing 125 pounds since July......I started to feel severe pain in my feet and an odd feeling in my hands....all of this started about 7 weeks ago....and the doctors do not know why...? the Vitamin levels are all fine since mal absorbsion could cause these issues.....I have had several MRI studies....they found some disc herniations however, the burning in the feet would not be the cause.....still trying to find some answers.....reading journals from major hospitals....and I am working with my primary care doctor..... all the best.....always...

Hi..I wish you well and every success in your journey.....I had my surgery at a well known NYC hospital with great results......however, after losing 125 pounds since July......I started to feel severe pain in my feet and an odd feeling in my hands....all of this started about 7 weeks ago....and the doctors do not know why...? the Vitamin levels are all fine since mal absorbsion could cause these issues.....I have had several MRI studies....they found some disc herniations however, the burning in the feet would not be the cause.....still trying to find some answers.....reading journals from major hospitals....and I am working with my primary care doctor..... all the best.....always...

125lbs that's awesome. Congrats to you!! I know this new issue isn't any fun and I'm hoping they figure it out soon. With having the new issue related to the surgery if u had it to do all over again would u do it??

I had surgery with Dr. Macik in June & have done really well. I live in Athens, so I haven't attended the support groups except for once. I think that's an important component, though. Good luck to you!

Hi... I have pondered that thought over and over again.....hard to say at this juncture...since it is Water under the bridge..... I knew that I just had to lose the weight...I tried every method..including summer camps....etc...yes, I have lost alot of weight and I look like a different person....however, I never thought that I would be dealing with these post op issues....I have seen a neurologist as well as the primary care physician....and, I am still suffering with severe and intractable pain in my feet and now the top of my hands...I am unable to sleep and have to put a cream that the neurologist gave me......on my feet and hands....from what I have been reading.....the problem now is called... peripheral neuropathy and some attribute it too large weight loss and mal absorbsion of vitamins.....I have been taking all of the Vitamins and eating as I could since the surgery.....I now understand that there are a small number of people to get this PN perhipheral Neuroplathy post bariatric surgery.....they cannot say why some do and some dont.....?I juust wish that I had known this prior to the surgery.....perhaps, I would have reevaluated my options.....?I can't say......the only thing that I am able to say....is that the surgeons should inform every patient prior to any bariatric procedure......giving the patient the information and statistics.......I did not experience that at all....I trusted that all went well....and it did....until 2 months post op....where I felt a Paraasthesia-a numbing in my legs....and then the severe pain in my feet and now my hands......I will keep reading the medical journals to see if there is someone whoo could assist me....now....... wishing you all good health and every success......

Would like to connect with others in Georgia on this WLS journey. I have UHC and they require the hospital be a 5 star center of excellence and in my area that's only 2 hospitals. I absolutely love my surgeon thank goodness but the hospital in my opinion can use a major face lift. Credential wise I have no concern about the hospital just wish it was more pleasing to the eye with a bariatric floor. Several fellow Sleevers hospital of choice had a bariatric floor which I thought was awesome! At my hospital no bariatric floor and no complimentary Bari Bear LOL but I'm ordering mines on line.

Who's your surgeon?

I am just in the beginning stages of this process and looking for a surgeon in the Atlanta area. I have researched several, and now my brain is simply boggled! Dr. John Daly performed a rather complicated surgery on my husband that went really well, but I'm not sure he does sleeves. I have also looked into Dr. Macik. I would love to hear about others experience with their surgeons or any suggestions you might have. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Who's your surgeon?

I am just in the beginning stages of this process and looking for a surgeon in the Atlanta area. I have researched several, and now my brain is simply boggled! Dr. John Daly performed a rather complicated surgery on my husband that went really well, but I'm not sure he does sleeves. I have also looked into Dr. Macik. I would love to hear about others experience with their surgeons or any suggestions you might have. Thanks in advance for your advice.

I must say I have been extremely pleased with Dr. Macik. My surgery went well and I was up the same day walking. He sets you up for a great post op for eating and even gives a day buy day. I would be have pick a different Dr! Good luck with your surgery :)