Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I am feeling so frusterated this morning! I am almost 2 weeks post op. Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks, and I am not losing any weight!! I was losing ok and then it just stopped. The day of surgery was March 3rd and I weighed 280. I am now 270.5 and it has been stuck there for days! I just want to see the numbers go down, even a little bit. I have a friend that had the bipass and a friend that had the sleeve and they both lost faster then I am. I know it has only been 2 weeks but I can't help feeling frusterated. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks so much for reading everyone!

I was sleeved on March 4 and I am having the same problem. I lost during my two week prep liquid diet and lost upon returning home after surgery. The scales haven't moved since last Saturday. Very frustrating. I even walked a mile and 1/2 yesterday hoping exercise would help, nothing still the same. I was going to walk this morning, but it's raining.

I hope that since you both are finding the same thing, you will see that this is normal. Try to measure your losses by the month rather than the day. You are so early in, your body is still trying to figure out what is going on. Focus on doing things correctly and success will follow :)

As long as they keep going down, remember the days when we just looked at a meal and gained weight lol (I'm still on those). Give it time. You might still be swollen. Your body might be trying to react to a mayor change. You will do great.

Edited by inneedofchange

I wasn't loosing very fast either. However I am only a week post-op tomorrow. I had gained 12 pounds from all the Fluid they pump you full of in the hospital. On March 10th, Surgery date, my weight was 279.8, On March 12th ,the day I got home from hospital I weighed 292, yesterday my weight was 281.3, today weight 273.1.... just wanted to let you know our bodies can be very strange especially since I dropped 8lbs in one day. My sister also had the sleeve done last year and she said she would go days without loosing anything and then 3-4 pounds would be gone all at once. You are doing great try and stay positive :)

I wasn't loosing very fast either. However I am only a week post-op tomorrow. I had gained 12 pounds from all the Fluid they pump you full of in the hospital. On March 10th, Surgery date, my weight was 279.8, On March 12th ,the day I got home from hospital I weighed 292, yesterday my weight was 281.3, today weight 273.1.... just wanted to let you know our bodies can be very strange especially since I dropped 8lbs in one day. My sister also had the sleeve done last year and she said she would go days without loosing anything and then 3-4 pounds would be gone all at once. You are doing great try and stay positive :)

Thanks for sharing your words of encouragement, I was sleeved on March 3rd, had lost 10 pounds pre-op and gained 11 overnight post-op, it's been 12 days and barely it's all that I gained. In fact I'm a pound over my pre-op still.

It's sooooo frustrating cause your stomach was reduced 70% I'm doing all the right things and still a big nothing!!!!

I won't give up, we need to start a March Sleevers group and share our stories and encourages one another.

Who's game?

Are you on Facebook, we have a march facebook group that is completely private so only each other (members of the group) can see the posts. It has been really helpful to me. It is by invitation only because you can't even search it. I can invite you are interested. I just need you e-mail address to send the invite.

Thanks for sharing your words of encouragement, I was sleeved on March 3rd, had lost 10 pounds pre-op and gained 11 overnight post-op, it's been 12 days and barely it's all that I gained. In fact I'm a pound over my pre-op still.
It's sooooo frustrating cause your stomach was reduced 70% I'm doing all the right things and still a big nothing!!!!
I won't give up, we need to start a March Sleevers group and share our stories and encourages one another.

Who's game?

Are you on Facebook, we have a march facebook group that is completely private so only each other (members of the group) can see the posts. It has been really helpful to me. It is by invitation only because you can't even search it. I can invite you are interested. I just need you e-mail address to send the invite.

Yes, in on FB and would love to join, send me invite

Delamoras3@yahoo.com

My user name on FB is Julie De La Mora

Thanks

Invite sent :)

Be patient please and stop weighing by the days. Weigh weekly if you must and at the same time and day. The weight will come off trust me.

Yes, in on FB and would love to join, send me invite

Delamoras3@yahoo.com

My user name on FB is Julie De La Mora

Thanks

Can i please have an invite?

Lacucaperla@yahoo.com

Ty. See u in Facebook

Sent :)