Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, I'm new to this but the more support the better. So I'm still having heaps of gas pain and if I don't take my medication every 4 hrs it kills. Is this normal? Plus this Fluid diet is killing me? Did anyone cheat? Or do u have any idea to get rid of my food craving for fast food :(

Congrats on your bans. I'm post op day 3. I shave not has any cravings at all. I'm too scared to cheat because I don't wanna vomit. I've seen a lot of people automatically go to full liquid and eat yogurts and smoothies and shakes. I suggest following the diet of the Dr you have. I will admit broth and Jello Popsicles are not my idea of food but success comes thru sacrifice.

Hi there!

Yes it's normal sometimes to be taking your pain meds every four hrs. Each person tolerates pain differently...

My advise to you is to follow your doctors orders and you will see with time your wonderful results:)

Karate chops to the back and shoulders gets the gas out. Short fast firm chops. Cleared me immediately.

"Did anyone cheat? Or do u have any idea to get rid of my food craving for fast food"

Yes, many have cheated. The best advice to rid yourself of any notion to eat fast food is: Many who cheated, caused temporary and/or permanent damage to their surgical/stoma area and had to have another surgery to fix the problem or remove the band.

Your stomach is healing from a major operation. Pay no attention to the claims this is a non-invasive surgical procedure. Your stomach is healing from having a plastic band and balloon placed around it. Then they take the lower part of your stomach and lap it over the band and stitch it into place into your pouch with several sutures. This means they stick suture needles through the bottom stomach and upper stomach/pouch. It takes several weeks to heal so they don't want your stomach inflating or moving to push food through it. This can delay the healing process and if you eat solid food can cause the sutures to tear away from the stomach leaving the band to wander around your stomach/esophagus.

My apologies for being so graphic.

tmf

My pain started to subside right around day 4/5 so I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon! It's different for everyone so don't fret too much about it. I only had to be on the liquid diet for a week post op and it was the worst! I was either starving or not even remotely interested in food. Once I started drinking more Protein shakes, I started feeling better. I would just sip on one slowly for a while. You'll get more energy back once you get on to the pureed food stage. I didn't cheat but it's not like I didn't think about it!

The fast food addiction is hard! I live in a place where I am literally 2 minutes from 5 different fast food joints so I have the visual reminder allllll the time. What helped me get over it was thinking about my future and staying busy. When I feel that craving for fast food hit, I just think about how far I've come, how hard I worked to get to this point, and how badly I do NOT want to go back to how things were before the band. I think of all the things I want to be able to do like buy normal sized clothes, or enjoy swimsuit shopping, and usually that's enough to talk my self out of it. If it's not, I go do something else and keep myself busy until the craving goes away! It does go away and it does get easier to deal with it the farther along you get. Just focus on your goals! Best of luck to you :)

I am on day 6, finally started feeling better at day 4, but the spot where my port is still hurts when I bend and twist. I was out all weekend (my DD is an Irish dancer and had shows!) so I ended up having Soup from Panera a few times. I ate maybe 1/3 of the container and brought the rest home for dinner. My Dr put me on full liquids right away, but that's hard to find when you're dining out! I haven't really had any problem eating anything though, so I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

If you are craving fast food, just think about all the chemicals put into that "food" for this very purpose -- keeping you addicted and coming back for more. Maybe you would like to take this opportunity to get completely clean -- watch out for any artificial anything and especially sweeteners in "diet" shakes, foods, drinks, etc. Four or five days of letting your body clear out the cravings will make a world of difference.

I'm post op day 5 with hernia repair. I packed my gym bag so I could get on treadmill after work. I called the Dr office just to make sure and was told don't try it. I have to wait 6 wks. It that funny. Before the band I had little to no motivation to work out and now that I'm ready I can't go. Did anyone else have this same restrictions?

Lapper, doc decided not to repair my tiny hernia, but I was told to get on the treadmill post-op day one , 15 minutes at 3mph no incline, and add a minute every day. Gah! Today I'll walk 19 minutes. I am NOT an exerciser so this is huge for me. I think it helps a little with the collarbone pain that I still have a little of. I have to walk after work because it just doesn't fit my morning at all.

I'm post op day 5 with hernia repair. I packed my gym bag so I could get on treadmill after work. I called the Dr office just to make sure and was told don't try it. I have to wait 6 wks. It that funny. Before the band I had little to no motivation to work out and now that I'm ready I can't go. Did anyone else have this same restrictions?

Trust your doctor. He's seen the inside of your body and knows the trauma caused by your surgery. Could be a fragile repair using mesh or something that may take 30 days to heal.

6 wks does sound like a long time so hit him up again in 3-4 weeks?

I don't know about 6 weeks, but my Dr told me no exercise until after my 2 week appt. I don't know what he'll say when I go next week.

Well I'm going to listen. But it sucks. Welcome to band hell