Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessions of the newly sleeved

2 weeks, 5 days and you had fried shrimp and French fries...? Wow. Amazing that you even attempted that. that sounds scary to me. Your stomach is still healing.

Trust what we tell you, it does get better.

But you might want to tell your doctor of your actions...and get back to his/her strict recommendations for this stage of your journey. Don't hurt yourself as you are trying to help yourself. IMO.

Edited by Dr-Patient

I feel compelled to express my concern. At my 3 month post-op yesterday, I was told my healing period was now over and I can feel free to try other foods. At only a few weeks out, you are risking a leak or a rupture of your internal stitches. This is very serious. I know it hasn't caused pain, but you are walking a tight rope here. Being food addicts is what got us here--we need to fess up and talk to our nutritionists and psychologists sometimes. It doesn't mean you are weak, but this post does tell me you need some help.

Best of Luck!

This has me ROLLING. A bunch of us girls all bickering.. We just need to support each other. At least she confessed and aired it out instead of hiding it and letting it build up and become a worse problem then it could have been! Ridiculous...

Like it was said before we all know our bodies and what we can tolerate. No one is the same and NOONE is perfect.

Keep your chin up(:

WERE ALL DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Its not about whats in your stomach it is about the work the stomach muscles do to process real food. The muscles contract and move to break down the food in your stomach. If you had half of your hand removed would you grab things and squeez them? The doc. does no best and that is why you pay them they do not make up these diets post op to torture us they do it to make best outcome with the leaste complications.

And coming on here to find a reason to cheat is not a good sign for sucess

No one is bickering here except a few... It's not a 'bunch; of us.... all we are trying to do is keep it real and give constructive advice and help each other. I personally don't think it's funny that people are so petty to argue when people are trying to help each other. But anytime there is a forum anywhere there are always the few that like to start arguments. some people thrive on that. I am trying to get well and don't need nor like arguments. That's why I unsubcribed to this forum now.....but the messages keep coming in my E mail..... I DON't find it amusing at all..... it's weird what some think is amusing. I don't like conflict myself expecially when i'm still not well as I'm only three weeks out from surgery...... Yes the person that posted this confession was brave and I think she wanted someone to help her.... get back on track. I admire her for that and wish her and everyone here success..... :) We all need to be kind to each other but not pat someone on the back if we know they are on the wrong path. I think our advice helped her as she said to get back on track so if she is happy then why do people here want to k eep on with the complaining..... you wouldn't complain if the nurses or Doctor told you that non compliance could lead to complications. Most of us have researched this operation well and know the do's and don'ts and the reasons why compliance is so crucial in the healing stage of the game.... Nuff said ;)

This has me ROLLING. A bunch of us girls all bickering.. We just need to support each other. At least she confessed and aired it out instead of hiding it and letting it build up and become a worse problem then it could have been! Ridiculous...

Like it was said before we all know our bodies and what we can tolerate. No one is the same and NOONE is perfect.

Keep your chin up(:

WERE ALL DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!