Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

May 22, 2007! Can't believe it's actually going to happen.

Good luck all May banders!

:clap2:

NimbleBean

285 - August 2006

241 - March 2007 (after 6 month MD-supervised diet)

? - May 22, 2007 (Band date)

140 - ? (Goal Weight)

Hi there,

I am with you. My surgery date is 5/3.....and I am a bit nervous. This is a great site though and it offers allot of information. I am at my heaviest weight ever and as the May date gets closer I am trying to prepare myself for the welcomed life changing event that I am about to endure.....dear goodness I hope I am making the right decision. Let's keep in touch and help everyone stay motivated together. I am excited to lose the weight and be back to 140 which is what I weighed 10 years a ago when I got married. I knew that wonderful weight couldn't last though as I have always had a problem, just never imagined I would be where I am at now.

Good luck and keep in touch.;)

Hello Everyone,

Count me in, I found out yesterday I will be banded MAY 2nd. SOOOOOOOOO very excited. I started the pre-op diet today. My doc requires 4 weeks. Two weeks low carb and two weeks Protein shakes. Glad to part of the MAY BANSTERS!!!!!

Congrats to you all! It's pretty exciting, huh??

I feel like April is going to D R A G out way too long! :bounce:

:clap2: Yippee!! I found the group I was looking for. I found out yesterday I am scheduled for May 8th. Yikes - it has been such a long process thus far. began the orientation for my program in September 06. But rather than complain, I resiged myself to taking baby steps in my lifestyle makeover.

Now the actual surgery date and preparing myself for the actual surgery is A#1 priority. I have bought, read and highly recommend the book YOU THE SMART PATIENT by Roizen and Oz; will continue my 1200 calorie diet, will continue to read, read, read and read somemore of this forum and above all have committed to walking at least 30 minutes a day, rain or snow (yes snow is called for this weekend in central NY ). I am excited about the destination but savoring each and every moment of the journey. We can do this!!!! :clap2:

Hi everyone, I am also a May bandster, May 10. I am very excited. Time is starting to move a little slow. My friend just had her band put in a week ago, so it's kind of cool to see things first hand, before actually doing it. She's doing great. I have 10 days of liquids only before surgery. That makes me a little nervous. Oh, well, it will be worth it.

Good luck you guys! :) I was in your shoes a year ago. I was banded May 9th of last year. THis has been the best year of my life and I wish you much success! :)

Just popping in here to give some support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that for me february and march drug on like crazy and now I'm 3 weeks away from entering bandland!

Great to see all you May Bandsters getting together!

27 days and counting. I have a big calander, marking the days off with a big red sharpie. Hey, healthyny, when I went for my phsy. review, she suggested a book "Rules of Normal Eating" by Karen Koenig. I have started it and it is good so far. Supposed to help you deal with the overeating, head hunger and stuff like that. Nice to see our May 07 Bandsters group growing.

I just got my date today......May 21st!! It seems like it is going to take forever....I am sooo ready, I want it done today:) I look forward to hearing all about everyones progress. It is so motivating!

Hoping to join the May 2007 bandsters! Just waiting for my insurance approval my brother just got his yesterday and his date is set for May 3rd! How is everyone doing? Is anyone worried about this Liquid Protein diet? I tried the shakes and they were gross! Any suggestions?

I am scheduled for the week of May 7th! My birthday is in May so I am considering this a great Birthday gift....not just for me but for those who love me. My bmi is 40 and my goal is to lose approx. 100 lbs. It will be great to get to know all you May bandsters and follow your progress. Best wishes to everyone!:)

Mommalee, we are almost alike. I have about 95-100 lbs. to lose and I am hoping to be banded in May as well. Just have to wait for the whole finance thing. Good luck with everyone who is being banded in May.