Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so me being a lil stopped up..(prolly TMI) but I drank 2 glasses of wine last night an it did not get me drunk. I wasent intending on that. But what it did do is clean my system out which was well needed. I am pleased to say that I have heard and read so many horror stories and I proved that it will not do anything but work as a colon clense. Especially if u haven't went #2 in 2 days.

I have some wine every week. Not a big deal for me.

I drink red wine about 1-3 days a week (depending), without issue. I do however feel the alcohol much quicker, and on smaller amounts. Although, that doesn't necessarily stop me from drinking 2 glasses :P The biggest issue for me, is my lack of control around food when alcohol is involved. I can't eat what I did pre band, but I will eat too much of the wrong things.

Ok so me being a lil stopped up..(prolly TMI) but I drank 2 glasses of wine last night an it did not get me drunk. I wasent intending on that. But what it did do is clean my system out which was well needed. I am pleased to say that I have heard and read so many horror stories and I proved that it will not do anything but work as a colon clense. Especially if u haven't went #2 in 2 days.

Sometimes I'll have the same "morning after" response, and I'm always thrilled! Never thought I'd be so excited about taking a poop! I wish I could say that it happens all the time, but for me, it doesn't.

My god, I thought I was the only person this happened to. I am getting sleeved on the 28th of this month.

I have to say, I thought I was alone in the fact that wine made me go to the loo.

If I've not been going to well, I will always have a glass of wine to help me go. I wonder why it has this effect?

I too worry about drinking afterwards, I can eat pretty well all week but if I have a wine, I get the carb munchies and just eat crap. I don't eat sweets or crisp etc but I will attack the cheese and crakers etc.

Edited by CBF1000

I look forward to the morning after potty event. It doesn't always work, though. Sometimes my morning coffee helps move things along.

I love me some wine and partake about every other weekend. I read an article today on WebMD that said alcohol calories are the worst calories for belly fat. It said that your liver is so busy trying to burn off the alcohol that it doesn't have time to use your fat stores. Uggh.

Still, a girl's gotta have some fun every now and then. I did go out last weekend and imbibe just a little too much and found myself in a situation where I was worried I was going to throw up. For lapbanders it's a hige no-no. I'm going to be much more careful in the future.

I did enjoy the laxative side effect the next day, though.

There is no issue with drinking wine except its a bunch of empty calories. Alcohol in general is a bunch of empty calories.

There is no issue with drinking wine except its a bunch of empty calories. Alcohol in general is a bunch of empty calories.

This woman is correct-amundo! Why waste calories, use them for other things. Sure I could see for special occasions. But even that, me personally, I don't go there.

As a matter of fact, my friend was banded, and I am beginning to believe she has a drinking problem. I have heard that's possible after becoming banded.

I avoid it. That's my opinion.