Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

breast lift with augmentation tips help!

I was sleeved 12-20-2013. I lost 135 pounds in a year and have maintained a range of 152-159 for three months now. I scheduled my breast lift with augmentation on april-29-14. I wanted to get tips from you all out there that have been through it already. How did you prepare for it ? what helped you stay comfortable? what do you wish you knew before you went threw the surgery? any tips are appreciated. Im planning on getting a full anchor lift and 400 cc moderate plus implant.(im not sure about the size yet I might go smaller) thank you

My augmentation implants were 475cc's in Betty (my right) and 450 cc's in Wilma( my left). Those implants put me at DD- DDD depending on which bra. I still think my husband slipped my PS some cash before surgery to add an extra D.

The best thing I purchased, besides my CHESTICLES, was a very cheap Wal Mart fruit of the Loom sports bra for post surgery. My surgeon suggested it because you are not supposed wear underwire for at least two months post surgery.

Post surgery use a lot of pillows to prop yourself up and to sleep.

Good luck, honey. You are going to look and feel fantastic.

ITA. Inexpensive sports bras that are not snug. A bit big. I used ice packs inside mine. My breasts gave me no problems. Nothing. Very easy. I think just about what you'd expect. Swelling and tender. I have sub muscular, silicone. I'm 3 weeks post op so I haven't been fitted for a bra.

My surgeon explained that once they get the breasts measured, they have like 3 implant size options. Too big and they look fake and push out into the arm pit; too small they look like tennis balls.

My augmentation implants were 475cc's in Betty (my right) and 450 cc's in Wilma( my left). Those implants put me at DD- DDD depending on which bra. I still think my husband slipped my PS some cash before surgery to add an extra D.

The best thing I purchased, besides my CHESTICLES, was a very cheap Wal Mart fruit of the Loom sports bra for post surgery. My surgeon suggested it because you are not supposed wear underwire for at least two months post surgery.

I gotta ask y the difference in ccs in wilma an betty? Thanks????

I gotta ask y the difference in ccs in wilma an betty? Thanks

The difference in CC's in Wilma and Betty are a matter of symmetry. Any plastic surgeon worth a dime will tell you that no woman is perfectly symmetrical. Betty was a 38 long while Wilma was a 36 long pre-surgery.

The size issue kinda stressed me out. Seemed like everybody around me were getting implants much larger than me and I felt sorta worried that I would regret it. Well, one of the surgeons I consulted with gave me good advice that helped me feel comfortable. She informed me that I have an athletic build - broader shoulders and rib cage, narrow through the hips etc. I thought that meant i could handle a bigger implant but she suggested I might regret being even more top heavy than I was. Also, since i live a pretty active life she asked me to consider breast size relative to my hiking, biking, horse back riding stuff. I bought some padded bras and wore them with different clothes. I measured my circumference and really decided on a max measurement I wanted to be. (cup sizes are so varying based on brand it is a hard measurement to focus on). So, I took that tape measure and when they had the fake boobs in, I measured and decided on a relatively modest implant size of 240cc based on that. I am SO GLAD I did this. For my build, I look like i have nice full breasts without looking too heavy. And my jackets and stuff all still fit too.

Now in my case I also had a lower body lift so that flatter tummy contrasted with the implants makes me look full enough for my personal tastes and lifestyle.

Okay, not exactly a tip, but a warning. Lots of women lose nipple sensation, at least temporarily. I did not, they became hyper sensitive to the touch. Now they are back to normal which is good. Also, recovery from the breast lift and implant was pretty easy compared to the lower body lift so that is good news for you. Mine were put in via the nipples and I have almost no noticable scarring... due to being smaller breasted I didn't need the cut under the breast that some do.

Very happy with end results and I am sure you will too!

Edited by CowgirlJane

The size issue kinda stressed me out. Seemed like everybody around me were getting implants much larger than me and I felt sorta worried that I would regret it. Well, one of the surgeons I consulted with gave me good advice that helped me feel comfortable. She informed me that I have an athletic build - broader shoulders and rib cage, narrow through the hips etc. I thought that meant i could handle a bigger implant but she suggested I might regret being even more top heavy than I was. Also, since i live a pretty active life she asked me to consider breast size relative to my hiking, biking, horse back riding stuff. I bought some padded bras and wore them with different clothes. I measured my circumference and really decided on a max measurement I wanted to be. (cup sizes are so varying based on brand it is a hard measurement to focus on). So, I took that tape measure and when they had the fake boobs in, I measured and decided on a relatively modest implant size of 240cc based on that. I am SO GLAD I did this. For my build, I look like i have nice full breasts without looking too heavy. And my jackets and stuff all still fit too.

Now in my case I also had a lower body lift so that flatter tummy contrasted with the implants makes me look full enough for my personal tastes and lifestyle.

Okay, not exactly a tip, but a warning. Lots of women lose nipple sensation, at least temporarily. I did not, they became hyper sensitive to the touch. Now they are back to normal which is good. Also, recovery from the breast lift and implant was pretty easy compared to the lower body lift so that is good news for you. Mine were put in via the nipples and I have almost no noticable scarring... due to being smaller breasted I didn't need the cut under the breast that some do.

Very happy with end results and I am sure you will too!

Mine were put in under the breast. The scar has disappeared completely. I am still waiting for the feeling to return to Wilma. My surgery was in 2012.

I had a augmentation in 2012 with a 533cc mod profile and ended with a D-DD I wasn't happy with size or shape so I went back and got a 700cc UHP I ended with a DDD I am much more happier now but even with a 700 I think I could have gone bigger. Do you have lots of breast tissue already? If so a 400 will be good if not then your gonna be small. Anyways. Just keep up on your pain meds and muscle relaxers you will do great!!