Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help finding protein shakes/powder! Recommendations?

<p>On Tuesday I have to start my Pre Op Diet and I've been sampling some different Protein shakes and powders. Everything I have tried has either left an awful after taste all day, or made me really sick to my stomach to the point I felt like I couldn't hold them down. I don't like the unjury powders at all and can't even handle them. I'm hoping to find something I really like this weekend so I can stock up on it for my 2 week diet and not have to deal with all of this during that time..I'm sure I'll already be feeling pretty crappy from the huge change in diet. </p> <p> </p> <p>Any recommendations? If you know the amount of Protein in your suggestion let me know in the comments, and where you bought it. Thanks so much! </p>

Try Chike u can order a sample pack online for $9.99. It was my absolute favorite out of them all but I have been having one for Breakfast for the last month then was having them 2-3 times a day On this liquid pre-op diet so I've gotten burned out but prior to that they were absolutely amazing to me without the after taste.

www.ilikechike.com

I have more than 2 months to go before surgery so I'm experimenting. My favorite is the Orange Creme powder mixed with orange crystal light. Add a few ice cubes and shake. I have been having it twice a day.

I have more than 2 months to go before surgery so I'm experimenting. My favorite is the Orange Creme powder mixed with orange crystal light. Add a few ice cubes and shake. I have been having it twice a day.

I'm going to have to try that it sounds delicious.

If you don't like Unjury, you probably won't like premier either. I've never tried it, but Robb is popular with people who don't like the others.

If you don't like Unjury, you probably won't like premier either. I've never tried it, but Robb is popular with people who don't like the others.

I've never heard about Robb. That's a new one to me can u tell me a little about it? Where do u buy it?

I have to check with the nutritionist but I love pure Protein Shake from trader joe's. They have 1 that's 35 grams of Protein and another that's 21 grams...chocolate & vanilla and they are liquids sold in an 11oz can. Tastes really good too.

Google "Robb protein" and a bunch of resources will appear.

I love gold standard optimum nutrition chocolate- mixes well, taste great and 24g Protein

Actually, Chike has a coffee Protein Powder that is the best thing I've tried so far. I also just ordered thie sampler pack but they seem to be limited on flavors offered.

i LOVE nectar products by Syntrax.

awesome 'juice' type flavors that you mix with Water. sort of like a crystal lite drink. all sorts of good flavors. you can order a sampler pack online and try them all, pretty cheap too.

i like Premier and get mine at Meijer

I am excited to try Chike and get some coffee flavored going.

i'm pre-op but supposed to be drinking two a day already and it is hard to find flavors i like.

I disagree with this. I dislike Unjury, Biochem, Syntrax, but I like Premier Protein chocolate RTD. I have wasted too much money on Protein powders I didn't like. :(

I went to my search engine and put in "protien replacement samples" found several places that have samples to avoid spending a bunch on stuff you don't like. I know I like stuff that others may not I like the premier and Unjury and I buy a powder from Spartan brand at the store but not everyone does. I love strawberries but I have a son that gags on them "to each his own" good luck with your search.

One of the best thing I've tried is Chike coffee flavored Protein powder....mixed with Water and ice, it's just like having a refreshing iced coffee...they also make a Peanut Butter flavored protein powder you can mix with water to make a smooth peanut butter or mix in a chocolate drink...

If you want to be healthy and not just lose weight I would suggest you stay clear of artificial sweetners. Go to Dr Mercola's website and buy whey protien powder there. I've been using it for over a year. No nasty after taste and you can feel good about not drinking a bunch of chemicals.

I ordered the unjury sampler pack so I could try them out before surgery. So far I've tried the chocolate and the chicken Soup, and I like them both (actually just finished the chicken Soup as part of my lunch today). I think tomorrow I'll try the strawberry. I think I'll for sure be ordering both the chocolate and chicken soup in the larger tub for pre and post op. I'm a chocoholic, and the chocolate really reminded me of just regular chocolate milk. It had a mild protein-y taste, but not nearly as bad as some others I've had. :)