Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm GREEN..... I'm GREEN at last!

I have a question..Iv only had 2 fills. How much was you getting when you was getting your fills before you got to the green. Was you getting like a full cc or just a .5 or .4cc when you went. I went in and got my 2nd fill. And She took me from a 2cc to a 5cc. Well that was way to tight. :( So I went in and had her take out 2cc. Now I dont feel any restriction. The scale isnt moving.I feel like Im still watching what I eat. But Iv seen gain instead of loss. So I called today to see about gettin another fill. But what should I get??? I dont by any means want to get to much then have to go back there and have some taken out. Defeats the purpose...any suggestions?

But Im so happy that you have finally gotten to your green spot. Best of luck to you.

lapbandchic73 :)

The first few fills were done by my surgeon. He gave me 1, 2, and then 1 cc. I then started seeing the nurse practitioner. She did my last three fills, but doesn't really share how much she gives. She said that what she realizes is that people often compare info and what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. It made sense to me, so I quit asking. I do know that she personally does not give full cc fills after a person has 5 cc's. she starts giving fractions of a fill, like .5 cc's or .3 cc's. so, I really don't know how much I have in my band! I do know that when I go back on April 8th, I will not be asking for any adjustment, because the SWEET SPOT is so, so SWEET! :)

Jenny, How did that last fill go?

I got my last fill and still not there. I am beginning to think I am going to be one of "those" people :( . All I can do is keep going back once per month.

Don't give up! Each adjustment will get you closer to where your green is. This takes time, patience and while you have that time between adjustments- use it to learn to work with your band. Try to remember, this is your new banded life and while there are times when it's one step forward, two steps back, you are making progress. It's not just the numbers on the scale, it's a new healthier way of living. It's the freedom of movement again! Measure out your daily food allotment suggested by your doctor- then do your best to stick to it today. We are all in this together, we are all here to support you! Your green zone will be here before you know it, and you'll be wondering "am I green yet?"

Reading this thread has been encouraging for me. I have only had one fill and I am dieting. It's not difficult but clearly not green zone. I have been working out 4X's a week but I am not losing consistently. My next visit is in 2 weeks it may be another full is in order. Either way I thank all for the encouragement.

Don't give up! Each adjustment will get you closer to where your green is. This takes time, patience and while you have that time between adjustments- use it to learn to work with your band. Try to remember, this is your new banded life and while there are times when it's one step forward, two steps back, you are making progress. It's not just the numbers on the scale, it's a new healthier way of living. It's the freedom of movement again! Measure out your daily food allotment suggested by your doctor- then do your best to stick to it today. We are all in this together, we are all here to support you! Your green zone will be here before you know it, and you'll be wondering "am I green yet?"

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! You are right, I am feeling much more healthier with my new lifestyle, even though it is not showing up on the scale. Hopefully some day it will!

Sorry - deleted double post!! Computer is whacky today!

Edited by jennybean

I had surgery on 9/5 and just had my sixth fill two weeks ago. I don't think I'm in the green yet, but I finally feel restriction. I now have to be careful how I eat which is a learning experience! I now know I can't eat rice or hash browns. My weight loss practically stood still for almost 3 months and finally I see scale movement again!!! One other victory..... I finally found a Protein mix that I can finally actually enjoy drinking......."Delicious Protein" you can get at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

What is the protein ?

This is an encouraging post. I have had 3 fills, and am not really losing yet. I have looked at it another way too thought. In the past, had I lost all the weight I lost on the preop diet, I would have put it all back on and then some by now. I haven't! So, while I am not happy with my weight loss (surgery Nov. 25, 2013, 3 fills, about 30 pounds gone counting preop and all), I am still SO happy with the decision I made. One thing I have been doing is really examining portion sizes and trying to stick to around 1/2 a cup per meal.. And if I snack at all, maybe fruit or something. I am also trying to exercise daily. So, I really believe with the next fill or two, I will hit the green, and the magic will start :)

My mother said the other day "I thought you would be skin and bones by now". She is tyring to be "helpful", but I told her I am on track, and expalined to her how the whole thing works. She hasn't said anything else :) I will NOT be "that gurl" who even had WLS and still couldn't shake it!!! :)

HealthyNewMe...just wanted you to know that I switched to Firefox and could finally read page two of these posts...this is an awesome thread. So many good comments...and they have helped me feel better today!!! Have been very frustrated with no loss and had an actual gain in the past few days...but am gonna keep on using My Fitness Pal and gonna make it work for me. Thanks for your personal encouragement too!!! :D

So far, so good for me. I did NOT get a fill adjustment when I went in last week. However, the Doc said that she would not be surprised if I would need another one by the May or June appointment. She said that she would only be giving very small fractions of a CC from here on out, if I do, in fact, need one at all. I asked her if she thought I would be able to continue to lose, since according to the amount I have lost, I've already hit the "50% of excess weight loss" and she said Im just now hitting my real stride with the band.....so that was very good news. When you start off weighing 327 pounds, and you've come this far, you want to see it through.... ALL THE WAY THROUGH! I know that the amount of daily exercising I'm doing is what's really putting me closer to my goal. It is now ELEVEN months since I've joined the gym...... I'm now addicted to it.....Finally a good addiction in my life. And as stated on another post, my husband has lost 54 pounds since May of last year. He is only seven pounds away from what he weighed when we got married 25 years ago!!!!!!

I'm right there with most of you. I was banded Feb 10th, 2014 lost 12 pounds pre-op and was down another 8 pounds at my first fill at the six week point. Only received 1 cc at first fill and now have lost 5 more pounds but that's strickly due to diet and exercise. I go in next week for my second fill and hopefully will feel some restriction after that...

best wishes Be4Tim...hope the next fill helps you...I have a major stall right now after my 2nd fill...am watching what I am eating and all but still not budged an ounce...so hope this one works for you.

best wishes Be4Tim...hope the next fill helps you...I have a major stall right now after my 2nd fill...am watching what I am eating and all but still not budged an ounce...so hope this one works for you.

hang in there, maybe your next fill will get you closer or in the zone

I had surgery on 9/5 and just had my sixth fill two weeks ago. I don't think I'm in the green yet, but I finally feel restriction. I now have to be careful how I eat which is a learning experience! I now know I can't eat rice or hash browns. My weight loss practically stood still for almost 3 months and finally I see scale movement again!!! One other victory..... I finally found a Protein mix that I can finally actually enjoy drinking......."Delicious Protein" you can get at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe.

What is the Protein ?

It's a whey protein mix for shakes. I get the vanilla and add fresh fruit, sometimes Peanut Butter powder and sugar free chocolate Syrup.< /p>