Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

Hi

I had my surgery on the 18th of Febraury, I am doing okay, I have a hard time getting all my Water and Protein in. I am on a soft food diet but the nurse says to pull back a bit. I am still experiencing a lot of gagging and nausea. As of right now I am sick, upper respiratory infection. It seems to me that I have had this "cold" for weeks now. Does your immune system weaken usually after surgery? I am officially down 33 pounds and I am excersing on a treadmill and a bicycle, 3 days a week and almost always feel winded after wards. My moods have been better and I don't need the occasional early afternoon nap I use to need. good luck to everyone!!

Hi everyone. I am new to this website, but I'm so glad to have found one that I could register on without problems. I had my vertical sleeve surgery on 02-13-14. I am doing good. I haven't weighed this week but I feel like I look like I haven't lost much this week. Nothing tastes the same as before surgery. I am trying to stick close to the diet they gave me. I am excited to get an elliptical machine or some sort of exercise equipment to help speed up my weight loss! I am looking for a used one since I am on a low, low budget! I'm looking forward to conversing with my fellow February sleevers! \Have a good day! cja76

Where are you? I have an elliptical that I haven't used in years, but I'm in New Orleans.

I had my surgery 2/18. My starting weight was 230 and am now 204 I have done very well so far. No nausea,pain. I have been walking 3 to 4 days a week and will start strength training on Tuesday at my 6 week mark.

Hi y'all! I was sleeved 2/26 and have done well so far. Here are my stats:

HW 337

SW 280.5

CW 259

Size 28 at highest weight

Size 22 currently

Only having problems with a few foods...potatoes of any kind don't go down well but that's ok since they are terrible for my blood sugar!

Oh I am also off all meds (including insulin) for diabetes and high blood pressure!!

I can exercise again without feeling like I am dying and I played racquetball this weekend with my boys for the first time in years!!

Overall I have to say I love my new little tummy!!!

I was sleeved Feb 25

Hw: 324

Sw: 309

Cw: 284

I haven't thrown up once and I seem to be tolerating everything. I think I'm at the dreaded stall 5 weeks out though

7 weeks out.

HW 241

SW 216

CW 193

Doing good only thing sleevzilla hates so far is Girl Scout Cookies (2). Not upset about that at all.

Sleeved on 2/6

HW:277

SW:266

CW:236

Sleeved on Feb 11

Down 30 lbs since surgery

Ive had no problems since having my surgery, Each stage of the diet was fine. I am on solid foods now. I have found a couple items that I ate that my stomach doesnt agree with. Other than that, I healed well, with weight loss!

I get all my Water or liquids in per day and my Protein. I have a bottle of Smart Water with me and drink it all day (refill as needed). I eat my 3 main meals a day with 2 Snacks (Unjury Protein shake or cheese/meat roll, cottage cheese etc) I am staying focused on what I can and shouldnt eat. My taste buds seem to be off since the surgery, I found I like spicy foods more than I use to and I dont care for Jello...lol

I thought I would have lost more weight since the surgery, but I realize that I am still doing well and by not losing so fast I think/hope that a lot of loose skin wont be a problem. I will be able to work out next week. I had 3 hernias repaired the same time I had the VSG. If it wasnt for that I would have been working out sooner. Only thing I could do was walk. wasnt able to push, pull or lift.

So with being back to work and able to work out, I am hoping to get my body going in the right direction. I am happy that I had the surgery and I am looking forward to being a thin me in the coming months!

How far out are you?

Sleeved Feb. 24th. I'm down 50 lbs so far.

What food stage are you in?

I'm eating everything at this time.

How are you tolerating food and liquids?

I have had nothing disagree with me at this time.

Any complaints?

nope

Have you been able to start exercise?

I have starting working out on 4 weeks out

Any NSV yet?

???

How are family and friends reacting to the new you?

I have had a bunch of workers come up to me asking how much i have lost and stating how good i look. I am happy so far :)

I'm just curious and really hope everyone is doing well!

Edited by Wendellfish

SW: 363

Cw: 302

I was not weighted after pre opt. 2/10 was my surgery date. I'm eating regular food in very small portions. Beef does not agree with my sleeve. My sleeve does like salad.

Good luck to you all.

Hello it's been a while since I have been on. But here goes. Sleeved 2-5-13, DOS 307 , I have lost around 90lbs feeling great but still have a long way to go. I have hit a major stall. But I am dealing well and try daily to make great choices. Whomever said this was a quick fix was a quick lie lol. But I am greatful today for going through with my surgery. I have went from a size 22-24 pants to a size 14, a 3x top to a large-xl top. I'm not were i wanna be but thank God i am not where I used to be. Off all medications except for thyroid And no more cpap machines so I look at all of that as a plus! :D

Well i had my surgery on the 10th of feb. I feel flippin awesome! I have started to eat some veggies which is awesome! They stay down really well. I do have problems with chicken which is weird considering it's supposed to be something you can eat but hey everyone is different.

Bs: 292

sw: 282

Cw:255

Pre op: 10 lb

Post op: 27 lb

Also if anyone has any suggestions on foods to eat please let me know!!

I don't do well with chicken either. I do like shrimp and other seafood tho.

My surgery was on 2/19/14. I'm on the puree stage. I've been at the same weight for two weeks.i started walking 1 mile then three now five. Do you think i need to up my calories?

I've heard everybody stalls at week 2 or 3 because the body is ajusting. I start puree food next Friday, any suggestions?