Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

I am so glad you mentioned the big incision on the left! I'm also 3 weeks out and my dh cannot believe mine still hurts. Bad sometimes! I've resorted to taking pain meds when it acts up. Walking the dog a mile today mine started to hurt!

Yeah. I can't believe it still hurts either. But at 9 days out I did twist or step down too hard after putting my boot on, and re ripped some of the internal healing muscles or the internal suture. So I was thinking maybe I just set myself back a bit. But yeah. I have to take pain meds when I go out and about so I don't look funny wrenching in pain. Hah. But not a fan.

I was sleeved February 7th

Doing great, I feel great but my surgeon just told me I should be losing quicker.

I was terrible nauseas the first week or two then my whole house got a stomach flu and now last week I ended up with a kidney stone that out knocked me out for 3 days.

All in all I feel great and can't wait to be healthy enough to do some exercise.

HW: 297

SW: 269

CW: 247

I've been lucky to be able to eat most things and it sit well. I have trouble with scrambled eggs but hard boiled is fine.

NSV: bending down and clipping my toenails and breathing at the same time!

Wearing belts!

My shoes are fitting looser

And diabetes meds reduced to as needed status!! Yay! ????

Yeah. I can't believe it still hurts either. But at 9 days out I did twist or step down too hard after putting my boot on, and re ripped some of the internal healing muscles or the internal suture. So I was thinking maybe I just set myself back a bit. But yeah. I have to take pain meds when I go out and about so I don't look funny wrenching in pain. Hah. But not a fan.

My incisions themselves don't hurt. Mine is on the left about 2 inches under the big incision. OMG if I accidentally bend or turn in bed or something it feels like someone lit a match on my side. It was really scaring me till I read that others were having the same issue

My incisions themselves don't hurt. Mine is on the left about 2 inches under the big incision. OMG if I accidentally bend or turn in bed or something it feels like someone lit a match on my side. It was really scaring me till I read that others were having the same issue

Same. But my pain is the actual incision itself, and today it started to feel like it was burning. I also searched it on here, and found It's normal, and my surgeons office said it's normal, so I'll just go with it. Mine hurts pretty much any time I move, bend funny, etc. The only time I have no pain is if I'm sleeping, or not moving a muscle. Hahaha.

Hey all my feb sleevers!!!!! I'm so glad u posted this because I was sleeved 2/10 nd thought I was losing so slow but so pleased to see I'm on track with the rest of u guys!!! I'm eating pretty much anything I can handle and learning what I can't... Down 20 lbs since surgery and 37 in all!! I'm learning more creative ways to get my Protein in but still working on getting all my fluids in. Still a daily struggle sometimes not to snack!!! My fiancé has been a super support and encouragement and I am very grateful for that! The weight loss so far is encouraging me exercise more and I'm feeling better overall!!! Was having difficulty comparing my results to others so I'm feeling better now.... Thank u!!! Good luck to all xoxo

I was sleeved on 3/6/14 and am on soft food stage .I am back to work and I am following "diet plan" strictly .I am feeling a bit discouraged because I haven't seen the scale move in a week now. I am dumbfounded at how I couldn't be losing, eating only 600-700 calories a day???This is my second bariatric surgery .I had the lap band first and didn't have success. My life story has been lose 20 lbs and then, I get a major stall-I don't know what happens???I thought for sure-the sleeve would be different? Could this possibly be the 3 week stall, I have been reading about? (2 weeks pre surgery diet+1 week post surgery)

I need HOPE....

I was sleeved on 2-06-14. I am 5 weeks post-op and go for my 6 week dietician appt next Friday. I am on the soft food stage and I basically stick to the same foods that consist of cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese wedges, string cheese, Soups, Protein Shakes and bars, tuna, talapia, pink salmon in the pouch, hummus, egg whites and I tried cream of wheat the morning. I have had no issues with food really just get full very fast. I am down 34 pounds since pre-op, 22 lbs since surgery. I'm still struggling to get all my Water in. I feel good for the most part. I did have to fo to the ER this past Sunday due to severe abdominal pain behind my main incision. Chest xray and CAT scan all normal along with bloodwork. Muscle spasms were the culprit and they were severe. Started from bending and getting up from sitted position. I started the T25 workout and I guess the high intense cardio was too much and I hurt myself. Have been forced to take it easy and accept help. 4 days of pain and invested in a heating pad. I am going to start brisk walks and work my way back up eventually. I miss caffeine especially with the time change I'm dragging. B12 juat isn't doing it. My family and friends are very supportive. They can all see the changes. Not me, I'm my own worst critic. I am very impatient. The scale tends to go up and down a couple pounds each day but always resorts back to same number. Best of luck to all.

258 at beginning of process

I can eat everything that phase 6 allows

I drink Protein Shakes when I know I'll be short but I've noticed I've feel nauseated after

I alternate 20min/40min tea bo cds before work

I can feel the difference in my clothes.

I would love to know if 28lbs in 6 weeks normal.

Also want to say to everyone that has had weight loss surgery thank you. I have felt alone and can feel myself getting depressed. My family is very supportive. But I need to be part of a weight loss family. Thank you for welcoming me in.

am sleeved on 5 Feb. Went almost straight from liquids to soft, with only a few days on puree.

However, do get me right, I only started soft this week after being on liquids for almost 4.5 weeks. Was struggling with puree at the three weeks' mark after being advised by nut to go on puree. Tried puree but somehow did not work so well and went back to liquid. Was only on puree for maybe, 3 days before my last visit to the NUT.

Nevertheless, NUT wanted me to start eating soft foods and hence I am eating banana, salmon and white fish Soup now with much lesser difficulty than puree. Chew,chew, chew, my fellow sleevers. We will get there soon!

Good evening ladies!

I was sleeved on Feb. 12th. Little to no pain at all-even asked my surgeon if he actually did anything. Bonus that he glued me so no staples or stitches and very tiny incisions! I get all my H20 in everyday-course I get up at 3:45am for work so I have plenty of time. :) I am now on pureed. I have eaten fish that way and I have tolerated scrambled eggs just fine. Same goes with egg salad. I add about 2 tbsp of pureed butternut squash for my veggie. I went out last night and had chicken marsala-chewed it to a pulp. No issues with food. I have 2 Protein shakes a day-love my Peanut Butter cookie shakes, so GOOD!

I was 245lb when I started in October, lost 13 by the end of January. I was 232 the day of my surgery. I was 202 today. Course this is the week that Aunt Flo is visiting-mean old witch-so I've slowed up a bit. I am down 43lbs total-30lbs post surgery. I am pleased. I bought a FitBit on the first post op I had on Feb. 18th. I just got my 50 mile badge. Yea!

As to clothes-well I am waiting. I did get a pair of elastic jeans at Wally World. Size 16-18, they are baggy. LOL But I can't wear jeans I had in waiting which is odd, but I am taking my time and waiting to see more changes first.

My youngest and I signed up for the Color Run 5k in July-we are excited to go!

Nell

Edited by Nell65

Hi, I am new here. I started out the day of surgery at 333 and a half..... on my one week post op visit I was 325. I am on week two now and still feel very weak. I haven't weighed myself again yet because I don't want to get discouraged. I am on the soft diet and have to eat all pureed foods. I have been measuring everything like I was told. The thing that really bothered me getting down was the scrambled eggs. I used the egg beaters and even added a little milk with them to go down easier. I'm having trouble with getting my fluids in. I have to wait at least thirty minutes to drink after I eat and I have a lot of rumbling of my stomach after eating or drinking. I still get a lot of gas and I don't have bowel movements every day like before. Taking Fiber pills..... that helps and a stool softener. I'm worried that if I drink too many fluids that my stomach will stretch out..... any thoughts on that. I forgot the other day and took two rather large sips of Water about five minutes after I ate. I usually never do that but i wonder if thirty minutes is too soon to drink after a meal.... And what is the worst that could happen if i drink a little after a meal? Worried........

My surgery was Feb. 10th. I do have reflux for which I take Prilosec every morning. All 6 of the incisions are all healed, but the two biggest ones have divets in indentions which look rather odd. I'm hoping these go away with time. I go to my Dr. for my 6 week check up on Thursday. I can eat just about anything now except things like steak or sausage. I eat a lot of chicken and fish and a few veggies. Very few carbs. I still drink my Protein Shakes but not every day. They are good for getting in that extra bit of Protein. I drink Water all day, a little bit at a time but I still struggle with the 64 ounces. To tell you the truth, the most I've been able to get in is the 48 ounces. I only drink water with SF kool aid drops in it. NO fruit juice or anything else. I hit the 3 week stall but I'm back to losing again. My NSV are that I'm fitting in to smaller close from my other closets that I've not worn in years. People are beginning to notice my weight loss and making comments. I feel better and have more energy. I walk on the tread mill and ride the stationary bike twice per day and I always park at the back of the parking lot when I go shopping. I try to walk as much as I can within reason but I know I'm still healing and I do require a lot of rest. I still can't get use to how little I can eat. My brain still thinks I can and should eat more but my tummy is in control. Thank goodness for that.

sleeved 2/10/2014

Highest weight (at my first Bariatric Surgery appt): 284.1

Pre-surgery weight: 268

Current weight: 246.4

Only problems were nausea and one episode of dumping with, of all things, chicken broth-not fun. Surgery incisions healed well, my surgeon was very pleased at my 2 week post-op visit and I just finished a 1 week camping trip.

As far as foods, I am on a soft diet right now and that consists of scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, tuna salad, bananas, and cream of wheat. I struggle to get my Protein in but track that and my Water on Myfitnesspal--now very religious about logging my intake. I see the nutritionist on Tuesday and I believe I will graduate to regular foods at that time.

Exercise consists of walking but I am treating myself tomorrow, for my current weight loss, to a gym membership! I still fatigue easily but I have more good days than bad now.

NSVs have been subtle. My clothes prior to surgery were tight. Like, really really tight. Now, they are loose and I can wear rings that previously, I could not...oh, and I was able to cross my legs the other night!

Pretty damn happy about it thus far :)