Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

I'm six weeks post-op and am having a very strange experience. For the last week, pretty much anything I eat makes me very nauseated, even foods that I had been tolerating well are making me sick. Very odd. . . I have my six week follow-up appt with my surgeon and dietician today, so will hopefully get some answers to this little mystery. Congrats, everyone, on continued success! :)

That happened to me as week and it was a stricture

Hello all. I had my surgery March 11th. I have been back to work for a week and things are going good pain wise. I do however have a lot of issues with getting my Protein daily. Anything like chicken, eggs, beef, turkey......any meat or Beans I just can't keep down. Any suggestions?

Hello all. I had my surgery March 11th. I have been back to work for a week and things are going good pain wise. I do however have a lot of issues with getting my Protein daily. Anything like chicken, eggs, beef, turkey......any meat or Beans I just can't keep down. Any suggestions?

I had my surgery March 12th and I'm having the same issues . Everything I eat it either comes up or I'm so nauseaed that I'm miserable. My doc thinks it may be my gallbladder. I find out Monday.

I had my surgery March 12th and I'm having the same issues . Everything I eat it either comes up or I'm so nauseaed that I'm miserable. My doc thinks it may be my gallbladder. I find out Monday.

WOW, I had my surgery on the 18th of March and I'm doing great. What about stepping back to a full liquid for a bit, maybe your tummy isn't ready for solids yet? Can you tolerate yogurt, cream of Soups, cream of wheat or sf Jello? I know all that's boring but if your stomach isn't ready, it's not ready. I'd check in with your surgeons to make sure there aren't any problems but I've heard that some people just have to go slower. Good luck

WOW, I had my surgery on the 18th of March and I'm doing great. What about stepping back to a full liquid for a bit, maybe your tummy isn't ready for solids yet? Can you tolerate yogurt, cream of Soups, cream of wheat or sf Jello? I know all that's boring but if your stomach isn't ready, it's not ready. I'd check in with your surgeons to make sure there aren't any problems but I've heard that some people just have to go slower. Good luck

I think I just might have to! I can do the soups and yogurt and jello. But all solids make me sick!

Ok Post-op Peeps, I need your help... I'm having bypass surgery on May 7th. My hubby's extended family gets together memorial weekend for the entire weekend 3 hours away. I don't want to tell them I had bypass surgery. I have Gerd/ Barrett's Esophagus. Do you think I will able to travel there 17 days post op? I will be on the puréed stage. If I am showing any signs of surgery, what can I say to cover up why I'm in pain ? Or what else could I be dealing with at that time? Thanks everyone!

post-200506-0-76416800-1398783059_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43853[/ATTACH]

Day of surgery

post-200506-0-35211300-1398783160_thumb.png

First on day of surgery..3-17-14. Second one this morning.

Ok Post-op Peeps, I need your help... I'm having bypass surgery on May 7th. My hubby's extended family gets together memorial weekend for the entire weekend 3 hours away. I don't want to tell them I had bypass surgery. I have Gerd/ Barrett's Esophagus. Do you think I will able to travel there 17 days post op? I will be on the puréed stage. If I am showing any signs of surgery, what can I say to cover up why I'm in pain ? Or what else could I be dealing with at that time? Thanks everyone!

You will on be like 2 weeks out. the drive may be difficult for you. You can tell them you had gallbladder surgery. That is what i told people I didnt want to tell about my surgery. After gall bladder surgery your abdomen is sour and you cant eat certain foods. HOPE THAT HELPS

Day 2 of feeling bad and still dry heaving. Might be my gallbladder? Dr said either come to Er tonight or set up app for Thursday don't know what I'm gonna do yet??

Day 2 of feeling bad and still dry heaving. Might be my gallbladder? Dr said either come to Er tonight or set up app for Thursday don't know what I'm gonna do yet??

Don't wait too long...I did that and ended up dehydrated and feeling miserable...I say go to ER if it won't kill you financially...I know some insurances have a ridiculous copay for ER visits...feel better:)

First on day of surgery..3-17-14. Second one this morning.

holy crappers, your doing awesome. Congrats.....Keep up the great job.

Lookin good Blue! You're doing great, congrats.