Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Canadians ?

Toronto, Ontario here. Scheduled surgery at Toronto Western on January 9th

That's great, right around the corner. On your Optifast diet now?

Orientation appointment done! Now I wait for a letter letting me know when my next appointment is. Hamilton hospital seems to like to keep its patients in suspense. Trying to remain positive even though they suggested today they have wait times around 9 months to a year. I don't want to wait that long.

Anyway, I appreciate hearing about all of your successes and any tips for success. Happy holidays to everyone!

Orientation appointment done! Now I wait for a letter letting me know when my next appointment is. Hamilton hospital seems to like to keep its patients in suspense. Trying to remain positive even though they suggested today they have wait times around 9 months to a year. I don't want to wait that long.

Anyway, I appreciate hearing about all of your successes and any tips for success. Happy holidays to everyone!

When we did our orientation we were provided with our next round of Appts the same evening. I went through Toronto Western hospital. They seem pretty organized there too. I hope your appointments go by fast and a happy holiday to you as well.

Hey everyone ......yup on that Optifast now. It's going ok. Yesterday was my first day at work on it.....it was sooooooo hard. I received so many chocolates in the mail from some of my clients, work had a lunch and I had to decline and there were so many treats everywhere I went in the office. Christmas is definitely the hardest time of year to be on a liquid diet...I'm not giving up.....I am on day 5 now and I can do it. Mind over matter right

Edited by tristantanople

Well if u want the process to go mor quickly....you could always have your file transferred to Toronto. I was originally at Humberview an I did all of my classes and appointments in 3 months but the surgeon had a long wait time. So Humberview transferred me to Toronto Western...and I should have had my surgery in October but things happened and now it's in January.

Hey everyone ......yup on that Optifast now. It's going ok. Yesterday was my first day at work on it.....it was sooooooo hard. I received so many chocolates in the mail from some of my clients, work had a lunch and I had to decline and there were so many treats everywhere I went in the office. Christmas is definitely the hardest time of year to be on a liquid diet...I'm not giving up.....I am on day 5 now and I can do it. Mind over matter right

I understand that part. Every single day my office has treats. Yesterday it was cake, chocolates today it will probably be donuts and coffee. You can do it though, as you said mind over matter ????. Good luck!

@@bigbattynatty @@tristantanople i completely understand thankfully I'm off work and avoiding all those treats. But Christmas is still hard cause i have no idea what to do for Christmas as im now in the puree stage. I've declined every invitation I've gotten, but feel bad for my hubby cause I'm not gonna make Christmas dinner for one

Well if u want the process to go mor quickly....you could always have your file transferred to Toronto. I was originally at Humberview an I did all of my classes and appointments in 3 months but the surgeon had a long wait time. So Humberview transferred me to Toronto Western...and I should have had my surgery in October but things happened and now it's in January.

They didn't seem to know how transfer requests happen. In the new year I may contact the bariatric registry and see what they say. Thanks for the advice!

@@cab127 Have your started your Opti-fast? I start on Monday. Have you tasted any good recipes for them?

@@freshair So what did you do for dinner yesterday?

In fact how did you handle dinner for the weeks you were on Optifast? That's got to be a challenge and I'm not looking forward to it. And I always taste as I cook. Oh well, he'll live if it's not 'perfect'.

@@cab127 Have your started your Opti-fast? I start on Monday. Have you tasted any good recipes for them?

Hope you had a great day yesterday. I did start Optifast today. I got some sugar free flavoring from Lowcarb online with next day delivery. I had a french vanilla this morning and it was pretty tasty. I have a bit of the runs but having fluids as much as possible. Not really stomach hungry yet. Having shakes every four hours

@@cab127 It's so refreshing to hear someone say that it was tasty. I also thought it tasted okay when we got to try it in the nutrition class. Granted it was just a very small taste but still it didn't taste bad to me. I hope I still feel that way after two weeks.

I've got a few flavor extracts and a bottle of sugar free liquid all ready to go.

Starting Optifast on Monday definitely makes the surgery more real.

LowCarb is good, another place that is good is well.ca. It is in Guelph, fast service too. I used the sugar free flavoured syrups for my Optifast period. When I was on the Protein Shakes I really liked the Bariatric Foodie site. Never had a problem drinking them with her recipes. Started at 242 in February 2014 when I had surgery, and am now 100 pounds lighter. Can't believe I am back to me.