Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Sleevers!

I'm 8 weeks out and I need advice on Vitamins. I prefer not to chew a Vitamin if I can help it and really don't want to take a Multivitamin 5-6 times a day (ain't nobody got time for that!).

Does anybody have any suggestions and are there any concerns I should know about absorption? Can I take them all at one time etc?

I chew the fusion bariatric ones. The are all in one vs. trying to get the right mix and doing a dissolvable B-12. My NUT just told us that you do have to wait in-between because there is some effect between B-12 and Calcium (I think) that effects absorption.

Calcium and Iron should be taken 2 hours apart. My nutritionist never mentioned spacing B12. I take a regular(not chewable) multi Vitamin in the AM, chew 2 Calcet ceamy bites calcium citrate throughout the day and take an extra Iron tablet at night.

I have taken Source of Life liquid Gold Vitamin since surgery. It was recommended by a pharmacist I know. It cost about $50, but you take 2 T. a day, and it has lasted over 3 months. I felt I needed a goof Vitamin and today I was seen by my surgeon and my lab report was excellent. So I will stay with this. It is on Amazon.com also. I bought Bariatric Advantage multis but way too chalky for me, yuck! So my husband got that bottle lol! Good luck!

I just take a regular Nature Made Petite multi-Vitamin, nothing special. With the sleeve there are no malabsorbtion issues I was allowed to swallow regular pills at one month post op. My nutritionist didn't push any special bariatric Vitamin, actually recommended plain old Centrum. I compared Centrum to other mutli Vitamins, everything being equal I buy what is on sale. I tried several bariatric brand chewable and there was no way I would be able to choke those down every day.

My labs were all good except my Iron was slightly low so I added a Slow Fe Iron supplement at night and now my iron level is fine.

Why would you be taking a mutli vitamin 5-6 times per day?

Edited by Michele H.

Hi Sleevers! I'm 8 weeks out and I need advice on Vitamins. I prefer not to chew a Vitamin if I can help it and really don't want to take a Multivitamin 5-6 times a day (ain't nobody got time for that!). Does anybody have any suggestions and are there any concerns I should know about absorption? Can I take them all at one time etc?

hi Backwhereibelong I am 16 months post op. I take Centrum multi-vitamins (pills) since 8 weeks post op. Daily I take centrum multi-vitiman, and 2 calcium chews. 3 days a weeks I add a sub-lingual B12. My labs are fantastic.

Michele H

I purchased a Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin online and almost vomited in my mouth when I read the directions to take 6 times a day... Def gonna look into Centrum--- thanks to each of you for taking the time to respond.

I am going to guess that taking them 6 times a day may be for bypass patients as they have malabsorption issues which VSG patients do not have.

Did you get any paperwork/instructions from your surgeon or nutritionist? If not, I would call them to verify exactly what they recommend.

I was thinking of purchasing Unjury sleeve multivitamin the reviews sounded good and they claimed one Vitamin was all I would need

I was thinking of purchasing Unjury sleeve multivitamin the reviews sounded good and they claimed one Vitamin was all I would need

I bought these. I have a really hard time with them. I liked the idea of 1 per day but they are enormous (I opened the bottle and thought it looked like a pill you would get at the vet for your dog). I managed to take 1.....and that was before my sleeve. I cannot imagine getting that thing chewed up and swallowed now without gagging. I tried a soft chew vitamin at GNC and liked it. I won't start Vitamins until next week but I think that's what I'm going to get. I'll have to take 2 but if you use your imagination they taste like a starburst.