Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having the sleeve in april?!

Sleeved on April 7 lost 30 lbs all together still in a bit of pain on my left side but happy !

Is the pain factor in the sleeve surgery similar in any way to the gallbladder surgery pain. Does anyone know

Jdillon. Mine felt alot like the gallbladder pain. Except I think the gallbladder was more pain. I havent had much pain at all. Havent taken any pain medicine since the morning after surgery. On my right incision I do feel a little pain when sitting or standing but only a second. Thr first 2 days I was so exhausted probably from the anesthesia and pain pump. But feel good now and I was sleeved wed.

I am doing great, but in a lot of unexpected pain. I had Lap Band surgery in 2009 and was farther along in my recovering than this. I even went back to work the next week. Since I had my Lap Band removed and the sleeve done at the same time it was a bit more invasive. My doc also said he was surprised by the amount of scar tissue that I had and removed that as well. I think that's the real culprit behind my pain. Sitting and standing on my own haven't even happened with ease yet. I have family helping me. I can only sleep 1 or 2 ways without pain.

I still think I am doing great because I am working to get I my 64 oz a day, following the rules of my diet, and I feel myself getting better day by day. I'll take this discomfort now for the weight loss I know is to come. ????

Im feeling fine...i have a lil pain on my right side when i wake up or if i bend...i was lapband to sleeve on 4-9-2014....i have no hunger at all and im trying really hard to get my Protein and Water in but i have not....i be soooo full drinking a 11oz shake and it takes over 2 hours to drink...

Everyone sounds great so far. Congrats! I will be joining you in two more days. ;)

I was sleeved the 2nd and since around the 6th haven't had any pain and am feeling fine! No issues getting my Protein or liquids in. The last 2 days have had no energy but up til then was doing yard work and walking over 4 miles a day. Think I just exhausted myself doing to much!

hi everyone! hope everyone is having a great time and recovering well! i am 7 days into my pre- op and i have lost 11 pounds. i am doing 3 shakes a day and 80+ ounces of clear fluids. i pee all day! its insane like i feel like im always running to the bathroom with the kiddos. I have 4 days til my surgery is anyone else experiencing irritability and crankiness? every soudn seems louder and smells seems more fragrant. i cook every night for the kids it is torture. last night they wanted to go to the movies so i took them and naturally i hold the youngest's popcorn bc she spills it everytime. the smell of popcorn was tempting me llol. I just learned i could season my broth with is nice but no salt. I am really anxious to just get the surgery oer with and start my healing. i feel like my body is going through such weird changes sometimes im freezing sometimes i feel like im in a suana. but usually always tired and low on patience haha.

good luck everyone!

Erin ur doing good! Hang in there. I had to cook for my family to and it is pretty hard but just stay positive and itll soon be over and your new life will begin!!!

Hi Guys, my Sugery has come and gone . I needed a second day in hosptial. I am doing better now. The best tips I can pass on was chap stick, Ricola cough drops an gasx strips. I am much better today. Also make sure in advance you find out if your insurance will cover discharge meds. I ended up no pain meds and protonics to help acid. I am screwed on Easter weekend.

Hey guys, well tomorrow is my day April21st.. I'm

Beyond anxious. Wondering is my house clean enough the the hubby ok taking over my usually duties. Dear god I hope he feeds the dog. Etc I'm shakey and anxious yet excited and impatient. I just want to do it already and start healing. Any last tips?? My anxiety is so high I feel like I am about to pass out :( I know I am being a baby but I can't help it. Starting weight was 273lbs but now I'm weighing in at 253.2lbs after the preop diet... I really want to get down to 135-145lbs. Is that likely possible? I'm 24 athletic flexible etc... Sorry I'm rambling. Good luck fellow 21st sleeves!!

Hey guys, well tomorrow is my day April21st.. I'm

Beyond anxious. Wondering is my house clean enough the the hubby ok taking over my usually duties. Dear god I hope he feeds the dog. Etc I'm shakey and anxious yet excited and impatient. I just want to do it already and start healing. Any last tips?? My anxiety is so high I feel like I am about to pass out :( I know I am being a baby but I can't help it. Starting weight was 273lbs but now I'm weighing in at 253.2lbs after the preop diet... I really want to get down to 135-145lbs. Is that likely possible? I'm 24 athletic flexible etc... Sorry I'm rambling. Good luck fellow 21st sleeves!!

Bring your favorite pillow, phone, charger/extension cord. Leave all the rest at home as you won't need it. There's no way to change out of the hospital gown with all of the IV's, so don't bother bringing your own sleepwear. The first 24 hours are AWFUL but I felt 70% better the next day. I'm now 4 days out and besides feeling a little tired, feel back to normal. I didn't have gas issues or anything. Good luck. If the pain meds make you nauseous post surgery, don't be afraid to ask for something else. Until they ok liquids, ask your nurse for Water to swish your mouth and spit out. It helps with the dry mouth. Good luck!!!

Blue is right. I'd say the first 24 were awful and then the next two terrible. Today started off badly but I actually feel pretty good right now.

I think anything is possible that you set your kind to. Hard to break old habits as I'm finding tonight.

Don't forget the gasx strips. They are my go to item at this point. I did bring a pillow but I ended up using a super soft throw rolled up over my big incision when coughing and throwing up. It helped a ton. Not too bulky like the pillow.

I set a timer at seven minutes now and when not feeling full I drink 1/2 oz of Water. I'm doing pretty good today. Got like 50 oz in.

First day of Protein is why I think I feel so much better. I just have to remind myself this isn't a race and I'm not like anyone else. We are individuals and unique. I'm down ten lbs but I expect that to slow down now.

Also if you can have someone make you some light flavored Popsicles. Red and grape flavors were too strong but orange Popsicles feel nice. I'm making g2 by Gatorade ones now. Hoping it ups my liquid intake