Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having the sleeve in april?!

Add me to the April 22nd club! I'm in Denver and just finished my last class and everything was submitted to insurance this morning.

I keep moving through excitement, fear, hopefulness, panic and trepidation. A week ago all I would think was "I can't wait to live my life after my sleeve" now I can't even imagine how to process and get used to the changes I will be making.

I'm looking forward to following all of our journeys and praying that I, like so many others on this site, will be starting a new and wonderful chapter in my life....just have to swim through my fear of the unknown first

Just got my date, April 21st, no time yet. i go for my preop appt on April 10th, starting my two week diet April 7th. Man its going to move fast for us all.

I'm April 21st as well! My preop starts April 14th. I'm starting to prep. Cutting things out....coffee fried foods. I've been juicing for Breakfast. I'm also going to start trying Protein Shakes to see what I like. Time is flying by!

I can believe we start our preop next week!!! I already cut out coffee sugar white carbs and fried foods. I couldn't trust myself doing only preop. I am so excited there are so many of us for the 21st!!!

Hi... I live in Boston and I get sleeved tomorrow! I took the day off today to clean house and food shop, well Jello, pudding and broth AHHHHHH

Having a coffee.. Doesn't look like I'll be having coffee anytime soon.. I'm getting nervous and anxious but also excited. It's almost here ....

Im shopping this Friday for the rest of my items needed. I need more crystal light and and Protein Im so excited, its like waiting for Christmas!

Silly phone, but meant to say was my fiance drinks my Protein Shakes thinking those are his...so needless to say, I have to majorly stock up.

What else are you getting? They gave me a list, like yogurt, pudding, Jello, cottage cheese...

I stocked up On my way! Premier Protein shakes. They have them at BJ's for 19 a case.

30 grams of Protein and 1 sugar. I'll rely on those until I know what the hell I'll be doing. Lol

My suggestion is not to stock up on too much Protein. One of the things I have heard from many vets is that your taste changes after the surgery. The foods that tasted good just before the surgery might not be pleasant to you after, including the Protein shake you had just days before. You'll have time to buy Protein after your surgery because you won't drink it right away. Places like GNC and Vitamin Shop give samples, so I suggest trying that post-op.

I started my pre-op yesterday and am having surgery on the 9th. I'm converting from band to sleeve, so this diet is nothing new to me, but still a challenge. I am just staying focused on having a tiny liver and a successful surgery. :-)

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Malsr

My suggestion is not to stock up on too much Protein. One of the things I have heard from many vets is that your taste changes after the surgery. The foods that tasted good just before the surgery might not be pleasant to you after, including the Protein Shake you had just days before. You'll have time to buy protein after your surgery because you won't drink it right away. Places like GNC and Vitamin Shop give samples, so I suggest trying that post-op. I started my pre-op yesterday and am having surgery on the 9th. I'm converting from band to sleeve, so this diet is nothing new to me, but still a challenge. I am just staying focused on having a tiny liver and a successful surgery. :-) Good luck everyone!

Great advice. I like the muscle milk low carb now but I don't know what it's going to be like after. Also people stock up too much that it ends up expiring. Good luck with your conversion. Lol.

Silly phone, but meant to say was my fiance drinks my Protein Shakes thinking those are his...so needless to say, I have to majorly stock up.

My hubby is the same way. I have to put it out of his direct vision to keep him from drinking. Lol. I got some singles Protein from the Vitamin Shoppe. I'm drinking Muscle Milk. chocolate and vanilla they also have Cookies and cream and cake batter. I will try those to see if I like

Great advice. I like the muscle milk low carb now but I don't know what it's going to be like after. Also people stock up too much that it ends up expiring. Good luck with your conversion. Lol.

BJs Pantry also have sample packs where you can get a variety of flavors instead of just one. You can choose or they will choose a variety for you. I got a sample pack of the powders. I think it's 10 different flavors.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but glad I have a place to go throughout this journey. April 21st is my date :-) Good to know we're all in it together.

We are all in this together!!! Hey. My NUT said be careful of the muscle milk. Needs to be the "low carb" one. I was drinking the regular and she said that's a big no no.

I gotta get to BJs. Everyone talks about getting from there. Anyone tried Chikes? Heard about it and they said it was good.

<p><sub>My Surgery is Scheduled for April 16th. Im nervous excited anxious. I have been in and out of the Kaiser program for over four years now and this is the first time I scheduled a date. I wish I would have just gone through with it then. I cant imagine how the last four years woudl have been. Now is the right time though. We are going to do great!!! :)</sub></p>

I'm scheduled for April 16th also & I am a Kaiser patient too : )

I'm scheduled for April 16th also & I am a Kaiser patient too : )

hi tangy! We are getting quite the group for the 16th. They just called me for preadmitions. My surgery is at 136pm. What an odd time but that must be a lucky time. ;). Feel free to pm me and we can keep in touch and share experiences.