Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty discouraged

I was banded in August 2013. I had my first fill two weeks ago. She put in 1 and told me to wait a res minutes in the waiting area to see if I could get Water down. This being my first fill I had no idea what I should be feeling so I was delighted to sip water and feel fine. Fast coward a couple of days and I feel zero restriction. I called and asked if I could get another fill and have heard nothing. I paid a lot of money ( slimbAnd with no insurance) and I feel like I has to fight for a fill. I paid close to 20 I and I know slimbAnd has their hands full with Dr Yau but I am really frustrated. The customer service has been terrible and I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have lost 10 pounds and feeling kind of lost.

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this? What have they said about you only losing 10lbs? Is there another medical team that you can get care with? Im not very familiar with the slimband

Sorry to read this. I, too, was banded in Augudt of 2013. I have seen my doctor every four weeks since surgery. Tomorrow will make my SEVENTH visit. I had five fills so far, but I'm finally feeling like I'm in the Green now, so I do not expect another fill for now. No wonder you feel frustrated, disappointed, discouraged..... You paid dearly for the surgery and you're not getting good aftercare.... Obviously the second part if the lapband success equation. Keep calling..... You must advocate for yourself. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.... So to speak !

I was banded in August 2013. I had my first fill two weeks ago. She put in 1 and told me to wait a res minutes in the waiting area to see if I could get Water down. This being my first fill I had no idea what I should be feeling so I was delighted to sip water and feel fine. Fast coward a couple of days and I feel zero restriction. I called and asked if I could get another fill and have heard nothing. I paid a lot of money ( slimbAnd with no insurance) and I feel like I has to fight for a fill. I paid close to 20 I and I know slimbAnd has their hands full with Dr Yau but I am really frustrated. The customer service has been terrible and I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have lost 10 pounds and feeling kind of lost.

It takes sometimes a few weeks for the fill to take. I have had 3-4 for a total of 2.2 cc. I was banded July ,2012. My doctor is thrilled with my weight loss and said if I stay where I am now for life he would be thrilled.

Red Bird I am so sorry to hear about your aftercare. I would continue to try to contact the slimBand group and insist on someone responding to you. Not sure what the Dr. Yau issue is, but that shouldn't allow them to treat a paying patient the lack of care that is needed after surgery. You hang in there and vent whenever you like. I am apparently very lucky with my surgeons office they are great people. I have only had my band since 1/16/14 and have one fill of 2 cc's...but am looking forward to my next visit-since I am sure 2 cc's is not enough for me. So I will be on the lookout for a follow-up post saying they finally got you in and are helping you. Take care and prayers!!!

I've seen several post that a fill make take a couple of weeks to take. Can someone please explain to me how/why so long?

I've seen several post that a fill make take a couple of weeks to take. Can someone please explain to me how/why so long?

It can take a couple of weeks to feel the effects of a fill. Not sure why, but apparently it happens.

I was banded in August 2013. I had my first fill two weeks ago. She put in 1 and told me to wait a res minutes in the waiting area to see if I could get Water down. This being my first fill I had no idea what I should be feeling so I was delighted to sip Water and feel fine. Fast coward a couple of days and I feel zero restriction. I called and asked if I could get another fill and have heard nothing. I paid a lot of money ( slimbAnd with no insurance) and I feel like I has to fight for a fill. I paid close to 20 I and I know slimbAnd has their hands full with Dr Yau but I am really frustrated. The customer service has been terrible and I would not recommend this company to anyone. I have lost 10 pounds and feeling kind of lost.

Hi, I am from Canada too although I did not go to Slimband. I had my surgery in September and have had 5 fills so far! Why have you only had one? The general rule is once every four weeks - no sooner (at least with my office). My band was completely emptied after surgery due to complications. So I started from zero.

Dont feel bad about the slow weightloss, it is not your fault! You need to get into the green zone and until then it will be hard to lose weight. Look at my stats below, nothing to brag about for sure!! I am eating about a third of what I used to eat and still not budging. I am still working on getting to that elusive green zone. I am getting discouraged, but this is for life so I hope it will work for me!!

There was another girl here who has been complaining about Slimband since the Dr.Yau issue and not returning her calls. Hope you are doing OK and get somewhere with them! They have to do something, they cant leave all of their clients hanging!!

Also, you are welcome to private message me if you have any other questions or problems!

Hi Everyone, I too am very discouraged. I had the lap band and the plication surgery Febr. 5th , and my first fill March 13th, both in 2014. The reason for so long in between surgery and fill is because I had the surgery in Mexico, live in Mn. and can't find a Dr. here that will fill for me. I have only lost a total of 13 pounds. :( I went to Texas to visit my children and found a surgeon that gave me my 1st fill on March 13th. I don't feel any restriction. If anyone from Mn.is reading this that knows where I can get fills, please share with me. I was down 16 # and now down 13!. Thank you, Granny

Edited by granny2twins1999

It doesn't make sense to have so little in your band. Ask the doctor why they are putting so little in. I had my surgery Jan 23rd and 4 weeks later I had my first fill at 3cc. I go Monday and hopefully getting another which is again 4 weeks later. My Dr. does move along quickly though so idk.

Red Bird, so sorry you are going through this! We really do have to advocate so hard for ourselves. Is there some one you can take with you to help? They need to take you seriously and get your band working well for you -- it's adjustable and that's the whole point! Granny, glad you have the TX plan as a backup. Hope you find something closer to home. Good luck both of you with these challenges -- don't stop until you get there!