Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't loss any weight this week. I'm only three weeks out. When I first got the procedure, I was dropping like a pound a day but this week nothing. I'm like so disappointed in me. I haven't changed my eating habits. Could this be it......

I am at a loss for words.

Exactly what are you eating? BTW you will not lose weight every day so you have to get used to this.

It is absolutely not it! You are only three weeks into this! You will go through MANY stalls. Stay positive and just keep following the program. It does get discouraging at times but hang in there!

It is absolutely not it! You are only three weeks into this! You will go through MANY stalls. Stay positive and just keep following the program. It does get discouraging at times but hang in there!

Definitely what Dorian said. Don't weigh yourself if it's stressing you out. You will lose for a while and then nothing for a little while as your body adjusts. It'll happen over and over again. If you follow your plan as closely as possible you will have success. Relax and keep on doing what you're supposed to do. It takes time. Be Patient!

Please know that you are not alone. Below is a list of stages I went through. You are on 2, and you will get through it!

Stage :

1 - what the hell did I do

2 - first stall - usually hits around the first month - people usually freak out a little during this stage. No it does not mean you have failed

No it does not mean you are done losing weight

No it does not mean you are a failure

3 - what the hell did I do stage - again

4 - stage 3 is closely followed by raging hormones. You feel like you are a pubescent teenager. Crying at everything and feeling in the mood for a little "fun" ten minutes later. Please be careful during this stage as we become very fertile.

5 - finally hit your groove. Once you survive all those stages in the first 6 weeks you realize you got this and can get through everything! Oh and that's about the time you get to go shopping!

The scale has been my worst enemy. Just follow your plan, exercise however you can. Also it helps for us to know what surgery you had, and other information as we all have had different surgeries, with lots of varying weights and problems. I think everyone of us here has gone through what you are, at varying stages. I have been the same weight for ? 6 weeks and maybe this it for me. But I won't give up, I am staying with the plan. I have been on lots of meds lately so could be my problem. Hang in there!

I am in week 5 and have hit a little stall myself. Stalls happen, the body is going through a lot of healing and changing. Just make sure you are hitting your daily Protein goal and stay with the plan. It will all be good in the end.

I haven't loss any weight this week. I'm only three weeks out. When I first got the procedure, I was dropping like a pound a day but this week nothing. I'm like so disappointed in me. I haven't changed my eating habits. Could this be it......

Now may well be the ideal, perfect time to examine your approach to your journey. You're measuring your success by the number on the scale. And you're disappointed in yourself as a result. I understand. We ALL understand. And it's still a bad idea.

Every day that you follow the protocol, that you follow your plan, is a success worthy of celebrating. Every day. The key is no matter what happens, follow your plan. Sometimes you'll lose weight quickly, sometimes more slowly, and yes, sometimes not at all. Your response is always the same - follow your plan. No matter what happens - follow your plan.

To understand what makes this so incredibly powerful you only have to look at what I call The Prime Directive - lifestyle changes. We've all heard it a million times, the surgery is only a tool. Long term success requires lifestyle changes. The medical community does a great job of stressing the importance of lifestyle changes. But perhaps not so great when it comes to helping us understand how to accomplish those changes. What is the process? I believe the answer is - follow your plan.

The first year following surgery is often referred to as the "honeymoon period". You're excited about a new beginning. A new life. And in most cases you're losing weight. A lot of weight. And losing it faster than you ever have. It is indeed very exciting. But something even more exciting is taking place. Something that if you recognize it, embrace it, practice it, love it and live it - is even more profound than the weight loss itself.

Think of the honeymoon period as being in training. You are training yourself for - lifestyle changes. And you do that by - following your plan. Every day. Day after day. Week after week. Repetition. Again and again. In the beginning it can be challenging. But even though most of us are not aware of it, every day, every week, every month, it gets a little easier. Every day, every week and every month, you have to think about it a little less. With every day, week and month you are literally making lifestyle changes. And before you know it, your plan and those changes have become second nature. You have accomplished your goal. You have arrived at your destination. It's who you are. And who you will be for the rest of your life. And it all started with - following your plan.

Now may well be the ideal, perfect time to examine your approach to your journey. You're measuring your success by the number on the scale. And you're disappointed in yourself as a result. I understand. We ALL understand. And it's still a bad idea.

Every day that you follow the protocol, that you follow your plan, is a success worthy of celebrating. Every day. The key is no matter what happens, follow your plan. Sometimes you'll lose weight quickly, sometimes more slowly, and yes, sometimes not at all. Your response is always the same - follow your plan. No matter what happens - follow your plan.

To understand what makes this so incredibly powerful you only have to look at what I call The Prime Directive - lifestyle changes. We've all heard it a million times, the surgery is only a tool. Long term success requires lifestyle changes. The medical community does a great job of stressing the importance of lifestyle changes. But perhaps not so great when it comes to helping us understand how to accomplish those changes. What is the process? I believe the answer is - follow your plan.

The first year following surgery is often referred to as the "honeymoon period". You're excited about a new beginning. A new life. And in most cases you're losing weight. A lot of weight. And losing it faster than you ever have. It is indeed very exciting. But something even more exciting is taking place. Something that if you recognize it, embrace it, practice it, love it and live it - is even more profound than the weight loss itself.

Think of the honeymoon period as being in training. You are training yourself for - lifestyle changes. And you do that by - following your plan. Every day. Day after day. Week after week. Repetition. Again and again. In the beginning it can be challenging. But even though most of us are not aware of it, every day, every week, every month, it gets a little easier. Every day, every week and every month, you have to think about it a little less. With every day, week and month you are literally making lifestyle changes. And before you know it, your plan and those changes have become second nature. You have accomplished your goal. You have arrived at your destination. It's who you are. And who you will be for the rest of your life. And it all started with - following your plan.

Excellent advice as always DL!