Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 4 weeks out and have completely stopped taking Vitamins. I would almost vomit every time I took them. My NUT suggested the Bariatric Fusion chewables. I really need to find an alternative to those because I'm starting to feel the deficiency. Any suggestions?

I do Flintstones Vitamins. Not a great tsste but tolerable

I use Unjury bariatric products. You NEED them vitamins!

I take Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multis. Quite palatable, low in calories and carbs, and cheap! I take a double dose, one tab with Breakfast and one with dinner. I have my labs drawn frequently and my numbers are always good.

You could try Bariatric Advantage Crystals that you mix with Water. The gummies people suggested work well too. You MUST have Vitamins. Your health depends on it. Good luck I hope you find some that work for you.

BEWARE OF gummies. I was taking Gummy cal citrate after surgery until I looked at the nutritional info and found I was eating 120 calories a day just from the Vitamins. With us sleevers 120 calories is a whole meals worth. I would rather use those calories on some Protein.

Does anyone know if the gummies are ok to take other than the calories? I'm 3 weeks out and can't stand the chewable vitamins I'm on. I'm looking for something bearable as well....

I was told no gummies. I use the trader joe's chewable multi. Cheap and not bad.

I am taking vitafusion multivites gummies. They taste great. 15 calories and approved by my doctor. I bought a bottle from costco, 250 in a bottle. $15 (on sale).

I started out with the Unjury - opurity chewables. I could not keep them down. They would hit my stomach and immediately begin the return trip. I ended up returning them. I was told no pills - but after that experience, I went back to swallowing my pre-surgery Vitamin pill from LEF. I have had no problems and they are large. I just make sure I stay sitting or upright for about 20 minutes after swallowing to let gravity help pull them thru my sleeve.

You MUST have Vitamins - until you can find some that work for you at least take Vitamin B12 sublingual (dissolve under the tongue). Lack of B12 can cause brain damage and death.

My NUT said no gummies. But, I would say gummy vitamins are better than no Vitamins. Definitely chewables are better. I was having issues with a liquid sublingual B12 - got really nauceous. Found out on this forum that there are sublingual dissolvables. They are SO MUCH better. My Multivitamin is nature made (smaller than a lot of others but still on the bigger side). It has higher doses of Iron and Calcium so I don't have to take separate doses of those. Although I am told that caltrate chewables are really good for the calcium. Non-sweetened Almond Milk also has a TON of calcium in it - almost your entire day's worth. It's only 30 calories a serving and I typically use it in a smoothie. Also, take your vitamins with food. It helps. Taking them on an empty stomach is gross gross gross! LOL!

Good luck. As your stomach heals, it will get easier to take pills, I promise!

Edited by rbtnln

That is a good point. When I started taking all these supplements I had no idea I had to spread out my Vitamins. I used to get so sick and I didn't know why.

It is suggested that you take your multi-vitamins, B-complex, Biotin, Vitamin E and Vitamin C together and if possible with your breakfast meal. The B vitamins in your multi-vitamins and B-complex will help convert your food to energy.

It is suggested to not take Calcium along with your multivitamin if your multi contains Iron. The Calcium may interfere with the iron's absorption. If you take an iron containing multivitamin with your breakfast meal, take your calcium with the other meals you consume throughout the day, such as lunch and dinner. Calcium may not be absorbed as well if it's taken at the same time as iron, zinc or magnesium.

I take Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multis. Quite palatable, low in calories and carbs, and cheap! I take a double dose, one tab with breakfast and one with dinner. I have my labs drawn frequently and my numbers are always good.

I second these! I take two a day as well.

BEWARE OF gummies. I was taking Gummy cal citrate after surgery until I looked at the nutritional info and found I was eating 120 calories a day just from the Vitamins. With us sleevers 120 calories is a whole meals worth. I would rather use those calories on some Protein.< /p>

And according to my nut, gummies are a terrible way to take vitamins. Apparently they just don't work as well in gummy form, and according to her, you just end up with expensive poop.

chewables are the way to go.

Edited by kb88